What's new

Sikh, Pathan and Gurkha soldiers in the eyes of Winston S. Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rangars were muslim Rajputs from Haryana, Delhi and western UP. They used to speak the khari boli dialect (parent dialect of Urdu language) as their mother tongue.

I didn't know that there were muslim Jats in Haryana and Western UP

worse thing happened to them was someone told them you are fighters and brave no one can defeat you now go fight . till today they are paying the price of it .

Oh you meant Rajputs. Were there any muslim Jats in Haryana, rajasthan or western UP?

I do have heard about about muslim rajputs of mewat who joined alliance with rana sanga and lodhis against babur. So they are not punjabi rajputs.

Yes Rangars were not punjabi rajputs BUT before 1947 Haryana was governed under Lahore and for all practical purposes these rangars were kind of recruits from administratively punjab province of British times.

Last edited:
worse thing happened to them was someone told them you are fighters and brave no one can defeat you now go fight . till today they are paying the price of it .
Pakistan and indian armies are paying price for what?

Oh you meant Rajputs. Were there any muslim Jats in Haryana, rajasthan or western UP?

I met one guy in karachi who was "Malik" but used to speak haryanvi like language with his family on phone. I think he was from "Malik" clan of haryanvi jaats. Off course he was muslim and he had many relatives scattered all over karachi and other parts of sindh who I believe would also be some kind of haryanvi jaats. We used to think that he was punjabi because in paksitan "malik" is stereotypically punjabi surname used by many tribes in punjab as surname or sometimes forename. I did not know about that guy's haryanvi jaat origin at that time because at that time I did even know what "haryanvi" was :lol:. But now I am definitely sure he was malik haryanvi jaat.

Last edited:
Loyalty is need for recruitment in any field of employment. If I am an employer I will definitely give a lot of importance to loyalty and reliability character of my potential employee.
I agree , professionalism/loyalty was always required from mercenaries.

I met one guy in karachi who was "Malik" but used to speak haryanvi like language with his family on phone. I think he was from "Malik" clan of haryanvi jaats. Off course he was muslim and he had many relatives scattered all over karachi and other parts of sindh who I believe would also be some kind of haryanvi jaats. We used to think that he was punjabi because in paksitan "malik" is stereotypically punjabi surname used by many tribes in punjab as surname or sometimes forename. I did not knew about that guy's haryanvi jaat origin at that time because at that time I did even know what "haryanvi" was :lol:. But now I am definitely sure he was malik haryanvi jaat.

From Jatland
Malik (मलिक) [1] or Malak (मलक)/(मालक)[2] is gotra of Jats found in Haryana and Uttar Pradesh. MALIK is one of the biggest gotras in Haryana and Uttar Pradesh with more than 760 villages. Malik Jats are mostly found in Distt. Muzaffarnagar in Western Uttar Pradesh. In Muzaffarnagar area there are 52 villages of this Gotra. This area is known asGathwala-Khap. Malik Jats are found in Afghanistan also.[3]

There are seven gotras including Gathwala`s who write Malik as there surname; prominent among them are Bangar, Dhabdal, Bhedi.

Villages in Hisar district
Kharkari,

Villages in Panipat district
Buana Lakhu, Kutnai, Mahrana, Nangal Kheri (Siwha Ghadi), Nimbri, Pathri, Raja Kheri, Risalu, Seenk, Ugrakheri,

Villages in Bhiwani district
Khanak,

Villages in Jind district
Nidana, Nirjan, Shamlo, Gatauli, Pauli, Pindara, Sandeel,

Villages in Kaithal district
Balbehra,Jakholi,Khurana

Villages in Karnal district
Garhi Sadhan, Jhanjhari, Umarpur,

Villages in Sonipat district
Ahulana, Anwali, Bhainswal Kalan, Bidhal, Bhigan, BilBilan Dabarpur, Gamri, Jasrana, Kasandha, Khanpur Kalan, Kutani, Mahra (near Gohana), Nayat/Niat (न्यात), Pinana,Piplikhera, Riwada, Rukhi, Sarakthla, Sardhana, Sersa, Tihara Kalan, Tihara Khurd,

Villages in Hissar district
Rakhi Khas Ramayan Gaon (रामायण गांव), Dhandheri (ढंढेरी), Depal देपल, Umra (उमरा), Sultanpur (सुल्तानपुर), Kanwari (कंवारी), Muzadpur (मुजादपुर) - all together known as SATBASS (सतबास), Parbhuwala, Satrod Khas,

Villages in Jhajjar district
Daboda Khurd , Mehrana

Villages in Mahendergarh district
Dalanwas

Villages in Rohtak district
Kharawad, Mokhra,

Villages in Kurukshetra district
Mehra, Sarsa,

Villages in Yamunanagar district
Azizpur, Chhapper Mansurpur, Malakpur Bangar,

I understand what you mean here about these martial stupid people :rofl:

Gurkha soldiers in reality are Magar,Limbu,Rai and other Mongoloid sodiers,they are not Indic people of Nepal

We have "Meo" mahajirs in our street who speak haryanvi/rajasthani like language, do you know what is the origin of Meo people.

And that's why they were beghairats.

Kalay engraz do not impress me.
Its depends. Forexample pak army consist of the same "mercenary" races of british. Same Potohar, peshawer and kohat, as were in british times.
@ghoul your comments?

I understand what you mean here about these martial stupid people :rofl:
@Imran Khan has not clicked the link, he just read the pathan part in title and aimed his comment at pathans. He missed the part that winston is talking about his own soldiers of british indian army, malakhand field force who were suppressing the largest uprising in the frontier against durand line demarcation in 1897. Its us pashtuns not @Imran Khan who suffered due to these mercenery soldiers as we failed in defeating british. These merceneries became part of pak army and indian army, i dont see them paying price for serving british

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom