What's new

Sikh, Pathan and Gurkha soldiers in the eyes of Winston S. Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its depends. Forexample pak army consist of the same "mercenary" races of british. Same Potohar, peshawer and kohat, as were in british times.
@ghoul your comments?

Would you fight your own people for money on the orders of another nation?

Its depends. Forexample pak army consist of the same "mercenary" races of british. Same Potohar, peshawer and kohat, as were in british times.
@ghoul your comments?

And who does TTP get money from?

US, India. Your brothers in TTP are mercs too, except the only difference is that Blackwater mercs do not fight their own people.

Afghan Taliban spit on TTP mercs.

@Imran Khan has not clicked the link, he just read the pathan part in title and aimed his comment at pathans. He missed the part that winston is talking about his own soldiers of british indian army, malakhand field force who were suppressing the largest uprising in the frontier against durand line demarcation in 1897. Its us pashtuns not @Imran Khan who suffered due to these mercenery soldiers as we failed in defeating british. These merceneries became part of pak army and indian army, i dont see them paying price for serving british

His @Imran Khan comment was for fun only, I think he meant that british used these "martial people" as cannon fodder to save their own *** merely by praising their supposed bravery and other such flattery stuff. Angrezon ney to sirf apna kaam nikalna tha, thori bohat khoshamad sey bhala unka kiya jata tha.

Meo (pronounced May-o & mev) (also called Mewati) is a Muslim Rajput from North-Western India, particularly in and around Mewat that includes Mewat district of Haryana and parts of adjacent Alwar and Bharatpur districts in Rajasthan

So they are rajput but distinct from muslim rangar rajputs from the same areas.

Would you fight your own people for money on the orders of another nation?

And who does TTP get money from?

US, India. Your brothers in TTP are mercs too, except the only difference is that Blackwater mercs do not fight their own people.

Afghan Taliban spit on TTP mercs.
I am not a supporter of TTP but its not proved they are recieving money from America or india. Mercenaries are those who fight for the cause of other nations, just like these soldiers were fighting for the cause of queen, taliban are fighting for their own cause. If they take money from another country and spend it on their own cause then that would be "help". If i agree with your logic then it means faqir of ipi was mercenery of hitlar/germany as he did recieve arms and amunitions from germans against british. And faqir of ipi and other countless pashtuns fought against their own people, if we use your logic, as most were desi sepoys from present day pakistan.
If an army is paid and asked their soldiers to behrain to suppress uprising, now that would be mercenery army. Or if army start operation "against their people" just for billion of dollars and permit drone strikes on condition of being paid in precious dollars, then that army would be mercenary.

What was Winston S. Churchill smoking when he wrote this crap? That cigar of his must have been loaded with pot!

I understand what you mean here about these martial stupid people :rofl:
they have been used and armed till today fighting and fighting losing lives living in caves and proud of something which is nothing but dirt . what they got in return the tears blood and death IDPs can explain better . look homeless deep in war troubles and islated afghan pak tribes nd most areas pushtoons . it was worse part of their history when they took arms forever . humans are here to enjoy lives live in peace grow and have better life with family and friends . they should have liv like any other nation but sadly no

I am not a supporter of TTP but its not proved they are recieving money from America or india. Mercenaries are those who fight for the cause of other nations, just like these soldiers were fighting for the cause of queen, taliban are fighting for their own cause. If they take money from another country and spend it on their own cause then that would be "help". If i agree with your logic then it means faqir of ipi was mercenery of hitlar/germany as he did recieve arms and amunitions from germans against british. And faqir of ipi and other countless pashtuns fought against their own people, if we use your logic, as most were desi sepoys from present day pakistan.
If an army is paid and asked their soldiers to behrain to suppress uprising, now that would be mercenery army. Or if army start operation "against their people" just for billion of dollars and permit drone strikes on condition of being paid in precious dollars, then that army would be mercenary.

Luffy saab, tum baray chalakh ho, magar meray isharay ka bhi andaaz tumnay samaj liyah. :coffee:

@Imran Khan has not clicked the link, he just read the pathan part in title and aimed his comment at pathans. He missed the part that winston is talking about his own soldiers of british indian army, malakhand field force who were suppressing the largest uprising in the frontier against durand line demarcation in 1897. Its us pashtuns not @Imran Khan who suffered due to these mercenery soldiers as we failed in defeating british. These merceneries became part of pak army and indian army, i dont see them paying price for serving british
i am humanist and feel pain of humans you people destroyed your every thing bro sorry but its already lost .

His @Imran Khan comment was for fun only, I think he meant that british used these "martial people" as cannon fodder to save their own *** merely by praising their supposed bravery and other such flattery stuff. Angrezon ney to sirf apna kaam nikalna tha, thori bohat khoshamad sey bhala unka kiya jata tha.

So they are rajput but distinct from muslim rangar rajputs from the same areas.
I am very well aware of @Imran Khan's intention, i know him since long.
But i agree with you though. British had to make desi sepoys drunk with praises so that they are motivated to serve them and die for them. It reminds me of saraghari incident, 21 sikh soldiers died on small fort on hilltop. Afridis burnt down the fort and killed the small garrison. Poor sikh soldiers died waiting for reinforcements but never arrived. Farangis officers were to be blamed for their negligence but instead they created a supernatural story of 21 spartans vs 10000 pathans. Gullible sikhs believed it, still celebrate saraghari day as national day and believe that they are indeed super men. British and their shrewdness, they were the ones using their brain and wits

they have been used and armed till today fighting and fighting losing lives living in caves and proud of something which is nothing but dirt . what they got in return the tears blood and death IDPs can explain better . look homeless deep in war troubles and islated afghan pak tribes nd most areas pushtoons . it was worse part of their history when they took arms forever . humans are here to enjoy lives live in peace grow and have better life with family and friends . they should have liv like any other nation but sadly no
@Shahmir kashmir lol iss imran khan ko main bohat achi tara janta hun thats why i predicted what were exact meaning of his comment

Atleast 2.5 million soldiers of British indian army fought for Queen sahiba in WW2 . I am interested to know about the ethnic composition of british indian army in WW2, that how many of them died for farangis in such a dangerous and bloody war. I read some where that 250,000 gurkhas fought in WW2. What could be the contribution of punjabi musalman, sikh and others.? During my research on poonch uprising that 45 thousands sudhans, who were in the list of martial race, had served in WW2 and took advantage of battle experience and use it against dogra forces. Pashtuns contribution was small, 18 thousands only. They were mostly recruited for militia and scouts for frontier which constitute todays FC

5th light infantry mostly consisted of pathans and ranghars. Who are these ranghars?

This is what i am getting from source. In WW1 1.4 million British subjects fought for them, 54% of them were punjabis. In WW2 1.8 million British subjetcs fought for them, punjabis were 1/3 this time around. So in both wars around 600k from Punjab.

On topic sikhs did push Pashtuns beyond Khyper pass in wilderness and barren lands and deprived them of fertile land , Thank God for creation of Pakistan they(like every Pakistani) got not only fertile lands of theirs back but fertile land and Valleys of whole Pakistan on top of that strategic sea routes as well, we should all be thankful to Quaid, am I right? @Marwat Khan Lodhi

Luffy saab another interesting bit

Traditionally, the army was a predominantly Punjabi force. In British India, three districts: Campbellpur (now Attock), Rawalpindi, and Jhelum dominated the recruitment flows that helped India send some 2.5 million soldiers to fight in World War II on behalf of the British Empire. The North West Frontier Province (NWFP) gradually began supplying troops and officers, as settled areas Pushtun tribesmen joined the military.

My research, based on official Pakistan Army data, indicates that by 1990 the percentage representation in the Pakistan Army as a whole (officers and Other Ranks or soldiers) was as follows: Punjabis 65 per cent; Pushtuns 14 per cent; Sindhis and Baluchis 15 per cent; Kashmiris 6 per cent; and Minorities 0.3 per cent.

Since then, with the provision of waivers for both physical and educational qualifications, recruitment has been increased from the formerly less well represented areas. Punjab shows an overall decline in recruitment of soldiers from 63.86 per cent in 1991 to 43.33 in 2005, with Central Punjab outpacing Northern Punjab, the traditional recruitment ground, by 7,500 to 5,000 recruits in 2005. Southern Punjab had 1,800 recruits. The NWFP and FATA increased from 20.91 per cent to 22.43 per cent, Sindh rose from 8.85 per cent to 23.02 per cent, with rural Sindh accounting for the majority of the recruits (5,095 to 2,500 in 2005), Baluchistan rose from 0.49 per cent to 1.52 per cent in 2005 with 200 urban to 300 rural recruits in 2005, and Azad Kashmir and the Northern Areas rising from 5.86 per cent to 9.70 per cent.

584 Shuja Nawaz, Pakistan's army: fighting the wars within

Luffy saab another interesting bit

Traditionally, the army was a predominantly Punjabi force. In British India, three districts: Campbellpur (now Attock), Rawalpindi, and Jhelum dominated the recruitment flows that helped India send some 2.5 million soldiers to fight in World War II on behalf of the British Empire. The North West Frontier Province (NWFP) gradually began supplying troops and officers, as settled areas Pushtun tribesmen joined the military.

My research, based on official Pakistan Army data, indicates that by 1990 the percentage representation in the Pakistan Army as a whole (officers and Other Ranks or soldiers) was as follows: Punjabis 65 per cent; Pushtuns 14 per cent; Sindhis and Baluchis 15 per cent; Kashmiris 6 per cent; and Minorities 0.3 per cent.

Since then, with the provision of waivers for both physical and educational qualifications, recruitment has been increased from the formerly less well represented areas. Punjab shows an overall decline in recruitment of soldiers from 63.86 per cent in 1991 to 43.33 in 2005, with Central Punjab outpacing Northern Punjab, the traditional recruitment ground, by 7,500 to 5,000 recruits in 2005. Southern Punjab had 1,800 recruits. The NWFP and FATA increased from 20.91 per cent to 22.43 per cent, Sindh rose from 8.85 per cent to 23.02 per cent, with rural Sindh accounting for the majority of the recruits (5,095 to 2,500 in 2005), Baluchistan rose from 0.49 per cent to 1.52 per cent in 2005 with 200 urban to 300 rural recruits in 2005, and Azad Kashmir and the Northern Areas rising from 5.86 per cent to 9.70 per cent.

584 Shuja Nawaz, Pakistan's army: fighting the wars within

Luffy is a tricky troll to deal with. Be careful.

Another source

Approximately 200,000 soldiers from Punjab were recruited in the Indian Army till the year 1919. The soldiers from North Punjab were 86,000 in number sharing 43 percent of the Punjab Army. 49 percent were from the Central and Eastern Punjab while only
8 percent were from the South-West Punjab.

Disparities in Province Punjab | Nasir Javaid - Academia.edu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom