What's new

Sikh, Pathan and Gurkha soldiers in the eyes of Winston S. Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.
History, courage, mentality. Everything. The criteria for martial races was I think; 1) their lifestyle should be active and sporty in general rather than sedentary(i'e hunting etc). 2) their homeland should be hilly preferably 3) history of resistance 4) physique.

No one chooses the warring lifestyle. Some tribes were unlucky to be at the crossroads of invading armies and had no other option but to fight, it doesn't make them "martial". Its a chicken and egg story. Was it the situation that made them "warlike" or were they "warlike" to begin with which put them in such situations!

As for French and Scotts, French are an independent people, Scots not so much?

Read it here
History of Pashtuns: Sikh, Pathan and Gurkha soldiers in the eyes of Winston S. Churchill

(Note: just like lurestan thread of mine, dont draw conclusions about me, this is just read for interest, i dont condemn and condone it, dont ask me stupid questions e.g if i support martial race theorum by posting this material. Just read it as a student and critic of history. Thanks)

This sucker was responsible for millions of death which could have been prevented,May that Selfish pig rot in hell.

Jatts were some of the best calvary men against Alexander the greek, my friend.

He is right jatts were lower in social status than theRajput's ... Porus is also claimed to be a Rajput ..

@Marwat Khan Lodhi Bs stats .. Even in paramilitary .. 60% FC Baluchistan troops are Pakhtun. ... FC KPK is majority Pakhtun ..

He is right jatts were lower in social status than theRajput's ... Porus is also claimed to be a Rajput ..

@Marwat Khan Lodhi Bs stats .. Even in paramilitary .. 60% FC Baluchistan troops are Pakhtun. ... FC KPK is majority Pakhtun ..

You sure?

You want to tell that to @Rafi?

His ancestors fought in the battle.....

And I never claimed that Porus was a Jatt, but his calvary men were. :agree:

There is no martial race only humane race with humane traits ..... Believing Churchill words is again reflecting our mindset of Britishers bootlicking n slave mentality......
if i remember correctly Britisher invented this martial race concept after 1857 mutiny in which every one participated .... We till this day are gullible to their divide n rule policy.... Carry on....

FC was constituted from Zhob militia, waziristan militia, kurram militia, khyber rifles, chitral scouts, so ofcourse they would be mostly pashtuns. Whats your point?

Based on what exactly? Physical prowess?

Ahirs and Yadavs are the same aren't they?

Bengalis were never good soldiers.. Check their history .. The battle of plassey or even today the bangladeshi army.

FC was constituted from Zhob militia, waziristan militia, kurram militia, khyber rifles, chitral scouts, so ofcourse they would be mostly pashtuns. Whats your point?

Apart from these .. Baluch are very few in the FC .. Pishin scouts,bolan scouts,ghazaband scouts etc etc .. All of tum are Pashtun .. Than the seriki Baluch from taunsa n di khan ..

Bengalis were never good soldiers.. Check their history .. The battle of plassey or even today the bangladeshi army.
But that don't mean we put shit in their mouth..... while our all great "martial general" surrendered pants down..... fukcer should've been shot.... damn bloody shame....

I never said anything about Bengalis, Bengal Army comprised of people from all over the Gangetic plains and had more non Bengalis than Bengalis. Battle of Plassey was lost cause of the traitor Mir Jafar.

I think British also took into account the tribal or clan organization of any tribe for "martial race" designation in addition to "loyalty". I have noticed that most of the tribes designated as "martial" by the british were those who had good tribal organization and a concept of chieftain at some level in those tribes. Being athletic was not much of importance as people CAN be trained to become athletic.

So in my view British designation of martial race status was a sum of two qualities of a tribe,

(1) General loyalty towards british and reliablity
(2) Sound tribal organization of the tribe with some level of control over the tribe/clan in the form of chieftains
@
khair_ctg,
[URL='https://defence.pk/members/marwat-khan-lodhi.29079/']Marwat Khan Lodhi

[/URL]

Winston talks about times when loyalties were to rulers, not nations or countries.Mercenaries are available even now, but not as whole tribes or even nations. However, I must add that WCC (Western Christian Civilization), through the mischief of UN, continues to hire mercenaries to work/police/fight for them in Africa and elsewhere. The so called UN Peace Mission employment is nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom