What's new

Sino-Pak exercise

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistani to hold another military exercise with china.

ISLAMABAD: China's Peoples Liberation Army (PLA) on Monday began "Friendship 2006," its first joint military exercise with Pakistan Army on Pakistani soil.

The 10-day exercises are aimed at "strengthening the bonds of friendship" between the Pakistani and Chinese armies and benefiting from each other's experience in the planning and conduct of anti-terror activities," the Pakistani defence ministry announced.

The two armies conducted their first-ever joint exercise in 2004.

"Friendship 2006" comes within weeks of Chinese President Hu Jintao's visit during which Beijing made firm commitments on specific items of defence equipment, while assuring a continuing cooperation on a number of projects including a fighter aircraft and an air borne early warning radar system.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...litary_exercise_begins/articleshow/775166.cms

China is Pakistan's principal arms supplier.

I was informed by my Uncle that when PAK army conducts exercises that to simulate Indian Air superiority troops train as though there is little or no air support from PAF.
During the 2003 Iraq conflict Republican guard units fought for 3 months in the desert with no air support against a constant bombardment by allied aircraft.
What are the options for fighting under such conditions?

I guess it would involve manoeuvre and emplacement under threat of air attack.

The Republican gaurd is one example to see why they are practicing this. Another would be the attempted advance to forward areas by German Panzer units during the D-day landings.

The Chinese are getting taller!

Like to see them fighting.

They should start training WITH air support since we are modernizing our Air Force considerably. The training element should include keeping air support alive all throughout.

Have a look at some of the newer equipment of the chinese army at

http://www.sinodefence.com/

If they can equip all their army with the newer weapons and standardise they will be a significant threat to any enemy

You know it would be interesting to know if the Chinese have a plan for intervention into PAK. (I am fully aware of the political situation but I am sure their planners have allowed for every possible scenario) How would they possibly get troops into the country? I am not too familiar with the terrain on the border with China. Is it passable?

Nice thinking, but occupying Pakistan is a pretty wet dream. India is just an example, who knows so much about our culture, shares similarities in language, knows our tactics but fails at every attempt, and no i am not being patriotic. ;) By the, i have a feeling that terrain vice Chinas bordering with Pakistan is harder than the Indias.

No I meant in a Aid Pakistan type way.......:rofl: If PAK's bak was against the wall type scenario. would they be able to send troops to aid over that terrain?

I think it would be better in the near future. A motorway is being built and i think one has been already built, plus the railway lines are being improved to connect to the southern sea port coming all the way from the bordering China. I believe it would give a great help in a supply line.

Pakistan, China end military exercises
19-12-2006

RAWALPINDI, Dawn: Pakistan and China on Monday pledged to continue cooperation in their fight against terrorism as troops from both countries concluded weeklong joint anti-terrorism manoeuvres named as Frindship-2006.

Speaking on the occasion, Lt-Gen Lu Dengming, chief of Staff of the Chendu military region, said that Pakistan and China were coordinating for economic development and regional stability, but the two countries were also facing the threat of three evil forces -- terrorism, extremism and separatism.

Rawalpindi Corps Commander Lt-Gen Tariq Majid said that the mutual rapport that had been developed during the exercise would go a long way in cementing friendly relationships.

He said that Pakistan and China were playing a very important role in international efforts to make the world more secure, so that our future generations might live in peace and prosperity.

He said that the first-ever exercise conducted by the People’s Liberation Army in Pakistan was a mark of distinction in bilateral relations.

The exercise has ushered both the countries into new dimensions of mutual trust and cooperation in the military field and would go a long way in further strengthening the traditional friendship between the two countries.

Earlier, a colourful ceremony with an impressive display of hang, para and motorised gliding marked the end of the ten-day joint exercise in which troops from People’s Liberation Army, 65 officers participated in the exercise.

Troops from infantry, special services group and aviation from the Pakistan Army participated in the joint exercise which were held near Abbottabad.

http://www.dawn.com/2006/12/19/top17.htm

I think for aid, Pak would be more interested in the military equipment, which would probably be air lifted since there is a nice highway connecting the two, but it would probably be bombarded by India at that time.

Of course the rail option's being explored. In fact the project was just launched a coupla days ago: http://www.app.com.pk/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=559&Itemid=2

Undoubtedly if our situation with Afghanistan improves that would help us out a lot too. Since we might find getting logistical support from China through Afghanistan, away from all the action.

If China is ever to commit troops to a Pak-Ind war, it would find it better to open an extra front from the border they share with India.

Earlier, a colourful ceremony with an impressive display of hang, para and motorised gliding marked the end of the ten-day joint exercise in which troops from People’s Liberation Army, 65 officers participated in the exercise.

I will post some pictures on this later on.

I think it would be better in the near future. A motorway is being built and i think one has been already built, plus the railway lines are being improved to connect to the southern sea port coming all the way from the bordering China. I believe it would give a great help in a supply line.

webby karakorum highway.lots of work is being done on it.:tup:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom