What's new

Sino-Pak exercise

I think it would be better in the near future. A motorway is being built and i think one has been already built, plus the railway lines are being improved to connect to the southern sea port coming all the way from the bordering China. I believe it would give a great help in a supply line.

Yes, the KKH is undergoing restauration and will get extra lanes while talks on a future railway links are planned for next month:

Rail link talks with China next month
MUHAMMAD BILAL
ISLAMABAD (December 21 2006): Pakistan and China are likely to hold bilateral talks next month to materialise the proposed plan of establishing rail link between South Asian neighbouring countries.

It is learnt that a Pakistani delegation headed by Railways Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed will visit Beijing early next month to discus the proposed plan aimed at bolstering Sino-Pak economic ties.

Both sides are considering to establish the said rail route from Havelian (Pakistan) to the Chinese border along the strategic Karakoram Highway to expand the avenues of bilateral co-operation in various sectors.

President General Pervez Musharraf has quite often expressed his desire to convert Pakistan into an energy corridor for China through much-awaited Gwadar seaport and developing new rail and road networks.

It is learnt that both sides were already engaged in carrying out a feasibility study to find out the possibilities of operating a rail service. It is worth mentioning that the two sides have pledged to rehabilitate and widen the Karakoram Highway, known as eighth wonder of the world, during Chinese President Hu Jintao's visit to Pakistan.

http://www.brecorder.com/index.php?id=509911&currPageNo=3&query=&search=&term=&supDate=

You know it would be interesting to know if the Chinese have a plan for intervention into PAK. (I am fully aware of the political situation but I am sure their planners have allowed for every possible scenario) How would they possibly get troops into the country? I am not too familiar with the terrain on the border with China. Is it passable?

Ever been to Khunjrab pass? That is the best land link....

Visit Google Earth...... 36.50.45.25N and 75.25.20.11 E

Pakistan must try to be a very active member of the SCO. It can prove a milestone in safegaurding the Pakistani interests in today's world of conspiracies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom