What's new

Sir Sachin Corner- Dedicated to Legend

sms

Reaction score
Country
India
sachin_200_header.jpg

Sachin is about to retire. Most of us saw him growing teen to a middle aged man. But we never saw his passion and his hunger to play better cricket diminishing. At this age despite his physical abilities his is still the same teen who is always working hard and giving his best to the game.

Kolkatta Cricket honored Sachin by using following coin for toss and printing his image on ticket...

0611136sachin.jpg

7-25101324sachintic2.jpg

Please feel free to post and show your LOVE/ HATE for him. All fans, lovers and haters invited!! 

Last edited:

Extract from write up.....
pvw_20131105_1120_61687.jpg

The best example that I can give you about the kind of meticulous preparation he makes before a match was the Chennai Test of 1998 against Australia. That was the first time he played Shane Warne on Indian pitches and he knew that marginalizing Warne was the key to beating the Aussies. So he had the likes of ace leg spinner L.Sivaramakrishnan to bowl to him from around the wicket in the rough outside the leg stump and tried to simulate the match conditions. But in the first innings of that Test he got out cheaply trying to hit Warne over the cover region.

I remember seeing him coming back almost in tears. He wanted no one to disturb him and slept for about two hours. Immediately after getting up, he went straight to the Chepauk nets, which were situated at the backside of the ground then and again practiced for one and half hours. In the second innings of that match, he got a brilliant hundred where he smashed Warne to all parts of the ground and even hit him against the turn. It was one of the most dominating knocks of Sachin that I have seen. That knock showed how serious he is about his cricket and how he treats each and every innings with equal importance.

Ton Dulkar's Moment!!
Sachin-Tendulkar-Australia-1992-perth.jpg
1992 Perth ton: Against an attack that contained McDermott, Hughes, Reiffel and Whitney on a lightning quick WACA pitch, Tendulkar all of 18-years provoked awe amongst the cricketing world with a stunning stroke-filled 114 that showcased his immense potential on the world stage.

IMHO, Sachin is not a great batsman.....he's a good batsman......

Last edited:
IMHO, Sachin is not a great batsman.....he's a good batsman......

Whole world thinks otherwise. Any way I'll not argue with you, you are entitled to form your own opinion.

I love Sachin like any Indian cricket fan. But I feel bad for Dravid who never got his due in India or the world because he lived in the shadow all his career. If Sachin had not been there, Rahul would go down as the greatest batsman India had ever given birth to, and would have reaped all the rewards. As such, he is just a footnote, and I feel bad, because I am a Rahul Dravid diehard fan.

P.S. I also think THE WALL is a really sad nickname for a great and stylish and genius batsman. You could call Boycott the wall. Not Dravid. The elegance of his stance and strokeplay does not deserve such a staid and boring name.

india got another sachin in shape of Virat kholi .This young batsman is delightful to watch.Timing-Footwork-StokeMaking makes him perfect.i think pakistan team should go and ask kholi how to bat and play .Thanks to pakistan team for making us laugh at them .Lost to South-Africa again .Learn from india idiot assholes

. Sachin is international cricketing asset. He has changed cricket in real terms. He has changed the mindset, esthetics, pattern of cricket. Before his debut, he was named "rocket in the pocket", but than he transformed himself into a space shuttle who had unimaginable capacity to go beyond the unknown.... I am sure that in future people will call names like "English Tendulkar" or Australian Sachin" to any emerging player. What a player...What a class....What a dedication....Words can never ever describe his stature...Surely, the greatest role model for any sportsman of all times.... With tons of respect from Pakistan.:-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom