What's new

Six Killed in Attacks in Rajouri IOK.

Rajouri attack: Terrorists barged into Hindu homes, opened fire after confirming identity​

Four civilians were killed after gunmen barged into the houses of a particular community in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri on Sunday.

Sources have revealed that two terrorists were involved in the attack.

The incident took place at nearly 7 pm, when the two militants made their way through the forests and barged into three houses of the Hindu community, they said.

The terrorists opened fire at those residing inside.

Sources said the terrorists had first confirmed the identity of the victims, through their Aadhaar cards.

The attack was the first such attack in the past many years in the otherwise peaceful Jammu region and coincided with the first day of the New Year.

Another critically injured civilian succumbed while he was being airlifted to Jammu, along with two other injured persons.

The deceased have been identified as Satish Kumar (45), Deepak Kumar (23), Pritam Lal (57) and Shishu Pal (32), the official said.

The injured have been identified as Pawan Kumar (38), Rohit Pandit (27), Saroj Bala (35), Ridham Sharma (17) and Pawan Kumar (32), he said.

Deeraj Kumar, sarpanch of Dangri, said gunshots were heard around 7 pm and after some time their intensity increased.

Later, I received calls that there was firing by terrorists, he added.

Additional Director General of Police, Jammu Zone, Mukesh Singh, said police, along with the Army and the CRPF, launched a massive search operation to nab the two armed men behind the attack at Upper Dangri village, about eight kilometres from Rajouri town.

PROTESTS IN RAJOURI

The terror attack caused panic and protests were held with several organisations including traders’ bodies calling for a general strike in the Rajouri district on Monday.

Additional deployments have been made in sensitive areas as a precautionary measure to maintain law and order, officials said.

A group of people, who gathered outside GMC hospital Rajouri, shouted slogans against Pakistan and terrorists for the innocent killings.

Protesters also shouted slogans against the Lt Governor's administration and security agencies for not tackling the threat of Pakistan-sponsored terrorists effectively, eyewitnesses said.

I unequivocally condemn this heinous attack & send my condolences to the families of the deceased. I hope those injured in this attack will make a swift & complete recovery," Abdullah said.

J&K Congress chief spokesperson Ravinder Sharma said, "We vehemently condemn the terror attack by Pakistani-backed terrorists against the minority community in Rajouri. It is a conspiracy against them."

He demanded Rs 50 lakh as compensation to the families of each of the deceased and the best possible treatment for the injured.

J&K BJP president Ravinder Raina condemned the incident and called it an act of "utter cowardice" by Pakistani terrorists and pledged to wipe out them and their supporters from the UT.

He said Pakistan and terrorists sponsored by it are trying to show their existence by carrying out these ghastly acts.

The Democratic Azad party also condemned the attack.

"I strongly condemn brutal terror attack at Dhangri, Rajouri in which three civilians have been killed," chief of newly formed DAP Ghulam Nabi Azad said.

Image shows families mourning the death of their loved ones in Rajouri terror attack (Photo: India Today)

Image shows families mourning the death of their loved ones in Rajouri terror attack (Photo: India Today)
Bodies of civilians killed in Rajouri terror attack, in Jammu and Kashmir (Photo: India Today)

Bodies of civilians killed in Rajouri terror attack, in Jammu and Kashmir (Photo: India Today)

Al India is divided

Delhi, UP, Bengal, Assam you name it, day in day out Hindu-Muslim poison flows

Jinnah understood this, what congress was able to do for decades was cap it at state level even though hatred flowed underneath

With Modi and the BJP Pandora's box has been opened, day in and day out you have hatred and poison flowing and these idiots want to force Hindus into a Muslim state

But but but - the supreme leader - Mr 56" Modi said all was peaceful in IOK now and that is why the G20 meeting will be held there.

Sad indeed, but maybe militants are paying back in same coin after Indian Army treated Kashmiri civilians like terrorists.

View attachment 909002
I mean wrong is wrong. We cannot justify noncombatant loss. Yes, Govt officials are collaborators like DCs and others. Unarmed civilians may be collaborators or not. That is my 2 cents.

It is sad that civilians have lost their lives. Condolences to the families.
it's a dirty proxy game but i agree spare the civilians yar they are innocent
But but but - the supreme leader - Mr 56" Modi said all was peaceful in IOK now and that is why the G20 meeting will be held there.

terror attacks in kashmir at record low ,this is all they can do now,they are being relegated to targeting innocent civilians i will make sure to tag you once G20 commences

Sad indeed, but maybe militants are paying back in same coin after Indian Army treated Kashmiri civilians like terrorists.

View attachment 909002

so the next time a Pashtun or a Baloch get harassed by the pak army/fc that should justify any attacks being followed by the ttp/bla yes?

they checked their ID card to find out if they were Indian ? Where the dead Indian settlers or indigenous Kashmiris .

You can’t just take over other’s territory & think no recompense .

it's a dirty proxy game but i agree spare the civilians yar they are innocent

terror attacks in kashmir at record low ,this is all they can do now,they are being relegated to targeting innocent civilians i will make sure to tag you once G20 commences

so the next time a Pashtun or a Baloch get harassed by the pak army/fc that should justify any attacks being followed by the ttp/bla yes?

Bull crap reasoning comparing Pakistan a sovereign country to an occupation

See the thing is, we stopped terrorism for a long time, from the Musharraf era to Bajwas era, with almost zero attacks in Kashmir valley.
But amazingly, India not only changed the status of Kashmir, but also the less we attacked India, the more we got attacked.

Arz kia hai:

Khone dhabby dhulaingy kitni bersaton k bad.

I mean wrong is wrong. We cannot justify noncombatant loss. Yes, Govt officials are collaborators like DCs and others. Unarmed civilians may be collaborators or not. That is my 2 cents.
and you want fascists to change demography of kashmir without doing anything ? if the sit down they will be tiny minority in next 20 years . indians are cowards and killing few of them will scare others to settle in kashmir . its for greater good sir .

and you want fascists to change demography of kashmir without doing anything ? if the sit down they will be tiny minority in next 20 years . indians are cowards and killing few of them will scare others to settle in kashmir . its for greater good sir .
I know Sir. This issue is debatable. Such as to punish Dehli, nuking UP or south India is justified as farmers, cobblers, managers, businessmen etc of the region are feeding Dehli/South Block, which is fighting against Pakistan.

It is a very thin line and hard to differentiate. Similarly, disturbance to business (attack/protest), eliminating collaborators/facilitators etc are justified. Therefore in the definition, local/migrated non-muslims can be categorised as facilitators and liable to be punished.

Get your facts right, there are no UN resolutions pending anywhere in Pakistan, neither any curfews imposed any where unlike its a norm in IOK.
Above all, Pakistan Army is always at the forefront in nation building and provides infrastructure and security for business and job opportunities for local communities,
Like Indian army it doesn't go around destroying peoples livelihood.

EltE-4AX0AMUHsR

I know Sir. This issue is debatable. Such as to punish Dehli, nuking UP or south India is justified as farmers, cobblers, managers, businessmen etc of the region are feeding Dehli/South Block, which is fighting against Pakistan.

It is a very thin line and hard to differentiate. Similarly, disturbance to business (attack/protest), eliminating collaborators/facilitators etc are justified. Therefore in the definition, local/migrated non-muslims can be categorised as facilitators and liable to be punished.
trust me these attacks are very very effective last time when target killing started indians run in huge numbers from kashmir and never backed . they should keep killing few every month for greater cause of nation . most indians will never migrate to kashmir if they feel threat .

Back
Top Bottom