What's new

SL protest against NATO air attacks on PAK

Pakistan extensively helped Sri Lanka in their time of need by supplying high tech weapons to defeat Tamil Tigers ... and now what we are seeing is a gratitude shown to Pakistani people ... :pakistan:

For a moment I thought the Sri Lankan Government had protested! That would have been a different ball game altogether!
:pop:
This was just some political party. So it's no big deal. Anyone can protest. Even my cook and dhobi can! So this is headline news? Jeeez!

Sri Lanka protest against NATO air attacks on Pakistan
Posted on Dec 9th, 2011.

Sri Lanka on Friday held a protest condemning last month’s NATO air strike that killed 24 Pakistani troops on the border with Afghanistan.
Organized by one of the allies of ruling government, National Freedom Front and Sri Lanka Pakistan Friendship Association, a spokesman said the protest was to condemn NATO attack and express solidarity with Pakistan.
“The attack is one of the heinous crimes by the NATO forces and as Sri Lankan we strongly condemn it,” Mohamed Muzamil, spokesman for NFF told Xinhua.
A number of politicians mostly from the ruling government together with a large number of supporters of Sri Lanka-Pakistan Friendship Association participated in the protest held in a public square in the heart of capital Colombo.
Sri Lanka has very close diplomatic ties with Pakistan in various fields including trade, education, science and technology, culture, engineering, railways, tourism and defence.
During the ethnic war against Tamil Tiger rebels which ended in May 2009, Pakistan emerged as one of the leading small weapons suppliers to the island nation.
Following the November NATO attack Pakistan has upgraded its air defence system on the Afghan border to make it capable of shooting down aircraft.
Subsequent to attack the U.S. offered its condolences but Pakistan is reportedly set to review all diplomatic, military and intelligence links with the U.S. and NATO following the incident. Immediately after the attack the Pakistani government also blocked the vital supply route for NATO troops fighting in Afghanistan.
Sri Lanka protest against NATO air attacks on Pakistan | Peace Times
---------------------------------
Thousands in Colombo protest against NATO attack on Pak soldiers
ISLAMABAD, Dec 9 (APP):The Sri Lanka Pakistan Friendship Association on Friday organized a peaceful demonstration in Town Hall, Colombo to protest against the recent NATO attack on Pakistan’s military check posts on Afghanistan border.Thousands of people took to the streets of Colombo on Friday after the Jumma prayers to condemn the blatant NATO/US-ISAF aggression and to denounce the unprovoked attacks of last week that resulted in the deaths of over two dozen Pakistani soldiers, says a press release received here from Sri Lankan Pakistan Friendship Association, Colombo.
The Governor Western Province Hon Alvi Maulana, several government ministers including Minister Mervin De silva, Deputy Mayor of Colombo Municipality and several high profile personalities participated in the peaceful protest against the blatant violation of Pakistan’s air and ground space.
People from all communities of Sri Lanka hailing from various walks of life gathered in an exceptional display of solidarity towards Pakistan which had assisted Srilanka in its testing times throughout its history.
The speakers termed the blatant NATO attack as aggression and terrorism and appealed to the international community to stop such violations.
They were of the opinion that the US had begun an undeclared war on Pakistan and its drones had killed thousands of innocent citizens in tribal areas in the name of collateral damages.
The SL Government didn't lodge any official protest.Only some organizations did.

Thank you Lanka, we Pakistanis might not be the richest or most powerful, but we have long memories and remember our friends and enemies.

Sri-Lanka-Flag-1735886931.jpg

Actually i was very curious to know that how many SAARC countries protested against this attack. As a big brother in the south asia India should protest against that attack.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Actually i was very curious to know that how many SAARC countries protested against this attack OFFICIALLY. As a big brother in the south asia India should protest against that attack.

For a moment I thought the Sri Lankan Government had protested! That would have been a different ball game altogether!
This was just some political party. So it's no big deal. Anyone can protest. Even my cook and dhobi can! So this is headline news? Jeeez!

Exactly. That too, it looks like the protest was organized mainly with religious affiliations.

Thank you Sri Lanka brother, I admire Muralitharan bowling, this guy need to coach Pakistan spinners. :smitten: and grant full citizenship of Pakistan, in exchange Wasim Akram to Sri Lanka in gesture friendly.

india's anti Sri Lanka stance has religious roots ... hindu scripture sites the King of Lanka as the one who took away Sita and this forms the base of the animosity that indian hindus show towards Sri Lanka

Indian Hindus celebrate diwali every year so this story of the King of Lanka taking away Sita is played out every year re-enforcing animosity against Sri Lanka through Hindu religious text.

Pakistan & Sri Lanka discuss geo-strategic environment of region

RAWALPINDI: Air Chief Marshal WDRMJ Goonetileke, Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) of Sri Lanka Armed Forces, on Tuesday called on Pakistan Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC), General Khalid Shameem Wynne.

Both stayed together for some time and discussed matters related to emerging Geo-Strategic environment of the region with a special emphasis on South Asia.

Earlier, Air Chief Marshal WDRMJ Goonetileke was presented a guard of honour by a smartly turned out tri-services contingent.

The Sri Lankan CDS appreciated the role played by the Armed Forces of Pakistan in fight against terror and thanked Pakistan for rendering support during different programmmes of Defence Cooperation and mutual exchanges.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - CDS, Sri Lankan Armed Forces, CJCSC discuss geo-strategic environment of region

Thankyou Sri Lanka for seeing the facts as they are shown long live our friendship & GOD bless.

Back
Top Bottom