What's new

Sniper for PA

Sunny, both are the same gun, RPA Rangemaster 0.50 Caliber

Dear Sunny,

Plz see the video, at 54 sec, see the guy having a 0.50 Calibre AMR rifle, well thats the RPA Rangemaster 0.50 Calibre rifle, the latest i guess with the PA.

8RWw34rZmYc[/media] - Swat Dilemma : We Nation at War - Swat Situation Updates - Part 56

I guess now all the sniper rifles in PA inventory have been documented :)

Holy Mackerel! Did I just spot an MG42 on .52 or so? Or is that a later model MG3, which is as far as I can tell, indistinguishable? One might imagine in the intervening 67 years a better MG might have been invented...

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Mackerel! Did I just spot an MG42 on .52 or so? Or is that a later model MG3, which is as far as I can tell, indistinguishable? One might imagine in the intervening 67 years a better MG might have been invented...

MG-3 and it is still one of the best on the market. The M-60 was based upon it

Tang0, MG4 is already in use by the germans and a couple of other countries, but MG4 is more like a SAW. But it has an excellent rate of fire and i do wish PA goes for this MG$ as our army badly need a light squad level machine gun. MG3 is very heavy. in COIN operations light weapons are needed.

The MG-3 is still in use with Bundeswehr as well.

So I assume they have fixed the barrel heat problems since 1942? If you have ever done a buddy rush with an M-60, you probably thanked your lucky stars the moment you got to set the bloody thing down, I imagine the MG-3 creates a similar sensation.

The Minimi fixed most of the weight issues, but I heard *Click* more times than I would like when using it.

This is all anecdotal of course, and I've never used either weapon in combat, or the MG3 at all for that matter. Does anyone have the inside scoop as to the decision making process behind the MG3's adoption?

It seems that the GOP had some type of domestic manufacturing deal going on with Rheinmetall and/or H&K, or did that happen on a government to government level? The PSG-1 PSR-90 thing is interesting as well. Elsewhere H&K is famed for being on the upper end of the reasonable price range for pistols and rifles, which makes it seem an odd partner for the PA, if you will pardon my presumption.

Pakistan's Spearhead future duty will be very arduous. I guessed that according to the Pakistani Army's military budget, the weapon use convention, the authority keeps in balance and the independent research and development angle , they will choose minority AS-50.The army was testing M-99.To do more with less in line with military standards, the Pakistan Army can choose M-99. It is competent enough challenges ahead.

Last edited:
The SSG is believed to use an assortment of sniper rifles like the scoped up G3, Finnish Tikka bolt actions, as well as Steyr SSG 69 7.62 x 51mm (.308 win) bolt actions.

IMO the regular infantry battalions would be using scoped up G3s.
We are using much more then tht so chill.The scoped G3A3 are nothing special we are using draganovs,the mostly used sniper are M82 Barrett rifle,0.50 Cal Range Master,Barrett M99, PSG-90,Steyr HS .50
,SSG P2 AND SSG P4 are also in use of PAKISTAN ARMY.On the other hand SSG uses much more diverse and complex sniper systems.
REGUARDS

Last edited:
index.php

won the last 10th Military and Police Sniper World Cup by a large margin

According to Turkish S&H magazine news, After comprehensive trials, A couple of competitor sniper rifles were eliminated and MKEK Bora-12 Sniper rifle became one of two finalist rifles in Pakistani tender...

2cei78h.jpg

Bora-12 Snipers are in use in both Azerbaijan and Turkish armed Forces

2enx3zm.jpg

^^^The other one wasn't the Istiklal Azerbaijani Sniper was it....because I think Pakistan announced plans to buy that some years back. I think it is better than most others as it is semi-automatic and and has very high power and range.

Back
Top Bottom