What's new

Snippets :in 1955, Pak Governor General was Chief Guest on R Day Parade

I heard people used to fly from Karachi to Mumbai for watching movies and stars at that time. I read somewhere there were special arrangements made for watching Mughal-E-Azam movie. It was 65 and then 71 which ruined people to people relations.

Until 1965, people were more or less settled and reconciled to the idea of partition and this period was ushering in light reconciliation. The absence of Pakistan from the Indo-China dispute made Indians more China centric than Pakistani centric.

Republic Day (India)
1965 Food and Agriculture Minister Rana Abdul Hamid
23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png
Pakistan 2nd invitation
--------------------------------------------------
Operation Gibraltar
Part of Indo-Pakistani War of 1965
Date August 1965
Location Jammu and Kashmir
Result Start of the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965.[1][2][3]

so 26 January to starting of August , approximately 6 six months.
I guess it take at least six months of planning and preparation for such operation, i leave it for think tanks here to decide. If we include Grand Slam as well than planning must have been started before January 1965. I am merely exploring the possibility of Rana Abdul Hamid knowing of the coming war :P.

Very good point.

Reminds you of Vajpayee's Lahore visit doesn't it? He was there offering a hand of respect, and pakistanis were preparing Kargil war!

But India is the little war mongering Hindu Reich, didn't you know?

Bro that is something that not going to happen.If they have same political situation like that 50s it would have been easy.
But at current scenario there is already a huge forceswithin Pakistan that is cashing on from this rivalry.They wont allow it.
So forget them .Concentrate on our prosperity.

But I assume this theory which was most possible of "nearly reached a solution" claimed by both AB Vajpayee, MMS and Musharraf.

I am sure terrorist will find some other reason still to attack India even if Kashmir is solved to their satisfaction

But I assume this theory which was most possible of "nearly reached a solution" claimed by both AB Vajpayee, MMS and Musharraf.

I am sure terrorist will find some other reason still to attack India even if Kashmir is solved to their satisfaction

Kashmir is not only their aim.But they aim for entire India .
Vajpayee got Kargil and MMS got 26/11 .How can we trust them ?

india and pakistan should help each other to eliminate poverty and increase human development in south asia rather than fight each other
Make LoC the official border and end this BS. That would be a great first step

Unlikley, Ayub may not have kept his Agriculture minister in the loop for Op plans.

LOLL, even Ayub himself never fully understood the plans; he was a rather mediocre and insipid military officer; who had a reputation for timidity while in the Indian Army during WW2 but one who could manuever around, an euphemism for "scheming chamchagiri".

@notsuperstitious @third eye @Capt.Popeye

I wanted to discuss more on historical patterns such as this one. I am afraid we will go in a direction not aligned with topic. We can open another thread with appropriate title and go in the depth of this. Who knows, we might end up finding proper algorithm based on which we can predict future of india-pakistan relationship. :)

Why let go.Why not solve the problem first and look forward to mutual cooperation.Only then we can create a peaceful atmosphere for bringing the people of two countries together.
best solution is the let us be happy with the respective held territories. we are not strong enough and you are not week enough to change the existing boundaries. If any one thinks otherwise he/she is living in fools's paradise.

@notsuperstitious @third eye @Capt.Popeye

I wanted to discuss more on historical patterns such as this one. I am afraid we will go in a direction not aligned with topic. We can open another thread with appropriate title and go in the depth of this. Who knows, we might end up finding proper algorithm based on which we can predict future of india-pakistan relationship. :)

Sure

Tag me on the thread you open

However it will be good for the region if Pakistan Army does not take advantage of the situation and tries Operation Gibraltor in 1965 like operation or another 26/11 planned in Pak soil will derail the process.

It wasnot planned in pakistan.U have no proof whatsoever.It was planned by RAW and even ur senior bureaucrat accepted it.
BTW.Another Samjhota Express planned in India can also derail the peace process initiated by pakistan

It wasnot planned in pakistan.U have no proof whatsoever.It was planned by RAW and even ur senior bureaucrat accepted it.
BTW.Another Samjhota Express planned in India can also derail the peace process initiated by pakistan

Oh yes. Thats y ur Lakhvi is spending in jail and ur PM shamelessly said they are planned and executed in Pak.
Now get lost.

10940499_330179927178643_8159942361797817196_n.jpg

RM with the three Service Chiefs’ : Republic Day Parade 1950

10421335_330178903845412_2896969442815236249_n.jpg

Republic Day Parade 1950

The Parade then was held at the National Stadium ( till 1954).

Purana Quila is visible in the background

1489029_330178477178788_4014532542737884008_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom