Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinnerman108

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I came across this recently,

I can't help but wonder, what the hell is wrong ( same thing that is wrong with the whole country )?

If they are looking for a GM IT, then get a GM who is capable of delivering ; and is aware of and has practical
experience of running an IT organization.

However a Lt Col, is someone, who is capable of doing naukri, and saying yes to his superior.

For how long with our Fauj, keep embarrassing herself ?

I came across this recently,

I can't help but wonder, what the hell is wrong ( same thing that is wrong with the whole country )?

If they are looking for a GM IT, then get a GM who is capable of delivering ; and is aware of and has practical
experience of running an IT organization.

However a Lt Col, is someone, who is capable of doing naukri, and saying yes to his superior.

For how long with our Fauj, keep embarrassing herself ?

So the requirement of Retired Military Personnel, Col/Lt Col is a must?

Is it a military related org?

They want a retired Lt Col with IT experience. Makes sense as the role involves "operations", i.e., kicking butts to ensure people are doing their jobs.

What that implies is they want someone with minimum 15 years of experience managing and disciplining people.

P.S. - I used to get hate for criticising PA on this forum but the IK debacle has flipped the script - now I am sometimes finding myself defending PA from Pakistanis. :lol:

Did you fail comprehension class?
The requirements is specific to forces personnel who may apply.
And they are saying Lt Col/Col with experience in IT or Telcom. They aren’t asking for a former infantryman or Tanker.

The justified anger at the regime change operation is making people take leave of their senses.

They want a retired Lt Col with IT experience. Makes sense as the role involves "operations", i.e., kicking butts to ensure people are doing their jobs.

What that implies is they want someone with minimum 15 years of experience managing and disciplining people.

I worked for a US Co. and most of the management was retired US army officers, Ran the company like a charm - They knew how to get things done. In the case of Pak, the reasons are not the same.

Did you fail comprehension class?
The requirements is specific to forces personnel who may apply.
And they are saying Lt Col/Col with experience in IT or Telcom. They aren’t asking for a former infantryman or Tanker.

The justified anger at the regime change operation is making people take leave of their senses.

Next time you make such comments, have a deep, hard look at the dismal FA certificate,

The motorways are public property, as are all military states equipment etc.
The motorways are to be run by civilian institution.
Army is supposed to do what its job is.
Once an officer retires, < ---- This is a comprehension challenge for you.
This implies he has completed his stipulated duty years under the law.

Get that in your brain. COMPLETED SERVICE YEARS as PER THE LAW.

Let me repeat again, as the LAW somehow doesn't get through the khaki color.
LAW, LAW , LAW.

Lastly, a GM IT Operations should be someone who has exposure and experience, both
of which are limited in case of Army, specifically Pakistan Army.
Who are the proverbial frogs in the well.

Next time you make such comments, have a deep, hard look at the dismal FA certificate,

The motorways are public property, as are all military states equipment etc.
The motorways are to be run by civilian institution.
Army is supposed to do what its job is.
Once an officer retires, < ---- This is a comprehension challenge for you.
This implies he has completed his stipulated duty years under the law.

Get that in your brain. COMPLETED SERVICE YEARS as PER THE LAW.

Let me repeat again, as the LAW somehow doesn't get through the khaki color.
LAW, LAW , LAW.

Lastly, a GM IT Operations should be someone who has exposure and experience, both
of which are limited in case of Army, specifically Pakistan Army.
Who are the proverbial frogs in the well.
A retired colonel can be an IT expert depending upon what branch he served and what education background he had.
I don't agree the with the content of the ad..organizations should be equal opportunity employers even if they dont practice it in real they shouldnt make it so obvious in the ad..

A retired colonel can be an IT expert depending upon what branch he served and what education background he had.
I don't agree the with the content of the ad..organizations should be equal opportunity employers even if they dont practice it in real they shouldnt make it so obvious in the ad..
Signals probably for IT & Telecom. Captain rank is usually B.E (NUST degree) in the Corps, then senior ranks usually get Masters from NUST. Telecom and Computer Sciences lie in this domain. There are IT domains run within Army. An officer who has served with NLC could be a plus. Army covers different domains of leadership, management, administration, and technical expertise due to postings of officer at different operational and staff level. Many organizations preferer Managers, GMs, Directors and DG from Army officer cadre due to these expertise.

yes, the "thhaika" of motorways has been handed over to FWO (owned by the army), One is a corporation under FWO. its just a big re-employment scam.

Many organizations preferer Managers, GMs, Directors and DG from Army officer cadre due to these expertise.
many fauji, askari etc related orgs. or saithhiya companies. none of the good ones prefer ex-faujis.

also, if faujis were so efficient and good at management, leading exporters would have been companies from fauji group, which they arent.

Question is, why is there a requirement for retired Lt / Lt Col. Sure they can be qualified for a job.

But this clause in requirements effectively weeds out the bloody civilians.

What a sad state of affairs.

Although I understand where you are coming from (sort of) but it’s a private company from the looks of it. The aren’t looking for any run of the mill Army wala, they need a technically qualified person who has the necessary qualification ( Corps of Signals Lt Col would have done his BSc/ Msc from NUST) along with relevant managerial experience/ work ethic and ability to work under time/ resource constrained, high risk environment (the military is one of the best places to develop this). There is a reason private firms around the world trust veterans for managerial posts despite what other individuals aspiring for the same positions think.

Last edited:
many fauji, askari etc related orgs. or saithhiya companies. none of the good ones prefer ex-faujis.

also, if faujis were so efficient and good at management, leading exporters would have been companies from fauji group, which they arent.
Other setups and industries too, like mills, factories etc. Retired officers are chosen since they are efficient and good at management.

Question is, why is there a requirement for retired Lt / Lt Col. Sure they can be qualified for a job.
Exposure and expertise in different areas which a civil set up doesn't offer to develop the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom