What's new

Solve the puzzle ???

BRICS

Reaction score
You see a $97 shirt which you want to buy but you have no money, so you borrow $50 from your mum and $50 from your dad. You buy the shirt and get $3 change. You give your mum $1, your dad $1 and you keep $1 for yourself. You now owe your mum $49 and your dad $49.....$49 + $49 = $98 plus the $1 you kept for yourself = $99. Where is the missing $1?

GOOD LUCK! :enjoy:

You see a $97 shirt which you want to buy but you have no money, so you borrow $50 from your mum and $50 from your dad. You buy the shirt and get $3 change. You give your mum $1, your dad $1 and you keep $1 for yourself. You now owe your mum $49 and your dad $49.....$49 + $49 = $98 plus the $1 you kept for yourself = $99. Where is the missing $1?

It simply means that I gave my mom and dad one dollar each, but since I kept one for myself, I actually owe them 99 not 98. :D

Should be with you .. its mostly word play .. just follow the numbers .. or assume you gave your dad 2$ and mom 1$ .. Owe dad 48 + mom 49 = 97

Are u high??? I solved this puzzle when i was a kid!! grow up!!

Is the Israeli population overflowing, so many Israeli posters here :flame:

When you borrow $50 and give back $1, you have actually borrowed $49. So $49 from mom and $49 from dad makes it $98. $98 is the money you owe. You spend $97 on the shirt and you have $1 with you. So everything match ($97+$1 = $98).

why did you add 1 dollar to the total of 98? in essence, you are saying that you owe one dollar to yourself, which is ridiculous.

if you keep that one dollar, your obligation remains $98 and 'assets' remain at $1.

if you give that one dollar to either your mother or father ik acheh bacheh ke tarah, then your obligation is now $97, and assets $0, i.e. obligation is the exact cost of your shirt purchase.

either i am missing something, or its a trick question because something so obvious cannot be called a puzzle. look forward to your reply, you walrus :lol:

The dollar 1 I kept is coming from the 98 I owe to my dad and mom, $ 97 for the shirt and $ 1 in my pocket.

Another question which was asked for my friend's interview. You guys can try..

4yY0egz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom