What's new

SOM Cruise Missile

Good point.

I think there would have to be a small re-design to incooperate a booster engine. That's the only way i can see SOM being able to hit 2,500km. A reduction in payload will also have to happen.

The small redesign to incooperate Booster Engine is for all Surface launched SOM Variant neccesary ! Look at the Tomahawk for example the are Variant with Different Ranges, the Block II TLAM-A can reach 2500 km. Without an indigenaous Engine we can dream about reaching such Ranges !

BGM-109 Tomahawk land attack missile TLAM

We discuss always the MCR and quote that Turkey will not be able to exceed 300 km range.
But that's not right even German Company MBDA already produced with BOFORS - Taurus system with a range more than 500 km. It is operational in Germany,Spain and Korea.
It has Williams P8300-15 Turbofan.

We discuss always the MCR and quote that Turkey will not be able to exceed 300 km range.
But that's not right even German Company MBDA already produced with BOFORS - Taurus system with a range more than 500 km. It is operational in Germany,Spain and Korea.
It has Williams P8300-15 Turbofan.

Spain and south Korea have no downgraded Variants with 300 km Range.

it is even forbidden for the Germans

Who cares ?

German Proverb : " Papier ist geduldig"!

Did you know that Germany is the only supplier for the french nukes "Warhead Ignition System" ?
People laughed when I wrote that Germany is capable to produce nuclear warheads within a couple of days.

Who cares ?

German Proverb : " Papier ist geduldig"!

Did you know that Germany is the only supplier for the french nukes "Warhead Ignition System" ?
People laughed when I wrote that Germany is capable to produce nuclear warheads within a couple of days.

I don't know about "Warhead Ignition System". Germany have strong industrial Base, have many nuclear Powerplant and Enrichment Facillities.

MBDA , divided into many Sub-companies; so can't be made responsible and easily traced.
For example Taurus Gmbh for the Taurus missile ( so called development and program companies).
Of course the final assembly of "French Nukes" is in France.

Unfortunately can't find the leaked source in Google.

MBDA , divided into many Sub-companies; so can't be made responsible and easily traced.
For example Taurus Gmbh for the Taurus missile ( so called development and program companies).
Of course the final assembly is in France.

They know how to break international Agreements, Turkey must also Export SOM with 500 km to North African Countries, Azerbaijan and arab Gulf States.

BTW: Greek Air Force have Scalp EG ALCM in it's Invertory, have they also the full Range ?

Greece has both versions 60 short range and 90 long range. Before purchase they had A-7 Corsair for deep strikes in Turkey. Now they can hit every place in Turkey with extend Scalp and Mirage 2000.s

If they were deployed on Cyprus, it were the Case.

Back
Top Bottom