What's new

SOM Cruise Missile

Most Greek Aegean Islands have military airports , one huge base is on Rhodos.
Greeks violate all rules.

That's right, but the Situation were more worse when they had deployed S-300 + Mirage 2000 with Lang Range Scalp on Cyprus. The Progress in our defence Industry is a big Advantage for Turkey over Greece, SOM with Kale-3500 and 500 km Range can reach every important Target in Greece without TurAF enter their Airspace.

Absolute beauty! I hope we do the same with our Ra'ad by adding an IR seeker.

SOM Cruise Missile Land based platform concept from another forum.
p0566382.jpg

p0566384.jpg

g0566383.jpg

What capabilities and range land version has??

What capabilities and range land version has??

As far I know TLC will not induct a land launched Variant of SOM, they will probably induct Gezgin which is an Equavilent of The Tomahawk LACM. Gezgin will be strategic Cruise Missile with an Range from 1500 - 2500 km.

BTW: the Pictures don't show SOM, it show the land launched Taurus Variant !

post-32885-0-90255900-1430593021.jpg

Last edited:
MUNITIONS critical :

Germany: Junghans Feinwerktechnik Schramberg, Germany: Critical to the production of detonators

From Wikileaks.

Thx. and credit to Julian Assange.

As I see it we've been talking about the future prospect of what might be, but shouldn't we stop dreaming and focusing on the current capability, and post improvements that has been observed. Which would mean people will have to stop guessing and only post facts and videofeed with the improvement.

I would like to see and read news of SOM tests on different ranges. That would be a good starting point for any further discussions.

It is not hard to increase the range of SOM once you have your local engine, as no need any approval to do it... Especially in cruise missile, You can play with fuel and detonation part of missile, to increase one and decrease the other one...

It is not hard to increase the range of SOM once you have your local engine, as no need any approval to do it... Especially in cruise missile, You can play with fuel and detonation part of missile, to increase one and decrease the other one...

Bro, The secret part of Turkish industrial achievements are wider than visible part which was introduced in forums/media. Noone allowed to reveal any single part. Those are just showroom for allies and enemies. Background factors are more deadly and bloody for enemies. Think Turkey is a country that officially charged Roketsan to develop satellite launcher rocket and considering to develop Long Altitude SAM missiles that two NATO state has such technologies. Those are not wishful projects but purely based on current infrastructure.

While I understand your point I fail to see how that boosts the publics opinion of our TSK or the turkish arms industry. Surely the best commercial and threat outwards would be to let out something that'll make our enemies think, "uh... perhaps we should retire and pretend to be senile".

I think ANKA was a forced step after maj 2010 that we ended up revealing, also because of the massive publicity there was a pressure to produce results, but as you can see now january 2015, the specs has because the needs seem to have changed, and we've ended up delaying the project further (in my opinion).

Revealing the ANKA meant the PKK came under pressure and they've most likely changed their approach to causing problems, as we can see with the curfews (in my opinion).

I would have loved to see a well kept secret ANKA with full payload of cluster-gas-bomb dropped on the PKK leaders in the mountains. A snake without a head is no threat!

I just want to point out that improving and showing of your capabilities pressures our nations enemies.

Back
Top Bottom