What's new

Son of Iran’s last shah arrives in Israel to push for ‘peaceful, prosperous future

Son of Iran’s last shah arrives in Israel to push for ‘peaceful, prosperous future’​

Reza Pahlavi taking part in Holocaust Memorial Day commemorations, talking water tech and the future renewal of ties​

By TOI STAFF17 April 2023, 9:35 pmUpdated at 7:14 pm
Son of Iran’s last shah arrives in Israel to push for ‘peaceful, prosperous future’

Reza Pahlavi attends the official Holocaust Memorial Day ceremony at Yad Vashem in Jerusalem on April 17, 2023. (Menahem Kahana/AFP)

The son of the Western-backed Iranian ruler overthrown in the Islamic Revolution arrived in Israel on Monday for a trip being billed as an effort to rebuild relations between the nations.
“We are very happy to be here and are dedicated to working toward the peaceful and prosperous future that the people of our region deserve,” Reza Pahlavi wrote on Twitter, after arriving in Israel with his wife.

From the children of Cyrus, to the children of Israel, we will build this future together, in friendship.”

Pahlavi was greeted at Ben Gurion International Airport outside Tel Aviv by Intelligence Minister Gila Gamliel, who is hosting him while in Israel.

“Together, we will renew the ties between our nations, for the future generations,” Gamliel said.

Pahlavi later took part in the official ceremony for Holocaust Memorial Day at Yad Vashem in Jerusalem.

Yea, no, yea? Let's say Pahlavis were put in power by the Westerners. Forget about them ok? I know the Pahlavis are your favorite hobbyhorse so you can engage in avamfaribi and distraction.

Why you think your current regime is not dependent on Moscow's political, financial and military support? So we got rid of a Western sponsored and got a downgraded miserable 10th rate soviet sponsored pariah state in return. Good bro, you can beat your chest in the UK now and claim victory.
The Iranian caravan is moving on, we are used to hear these noises. You better stick to the boat and avoid losing your identity my friend.

Why you think your current regime is not dependent on Moscow's political, financial and military support?
What Russian financial support? Iran has a net trade deficit with Russia (i.e. imports more from Russia than it exports to Russia). Try to think before you talk in future.

Strategic level cooperation with Russia is a recent phenomenon and it is a relationship on equal footing, not one of subservience like the shah regime's to the USA and Tel Aviv.

The Islamic Republic has withstood 44 years of raging hostility and plots by the powers to be thanks to her own determination and prowess. In effect Iran in 1979 became one of the most independent and probably the single most independent nation on earth.

Strategic level cooperation with Russia is a recent phenomenon and it is a relationship on equal footing, not one of subservience like the shah regime's to the USA and Tel Aviv.

The Islamic Republic has withstood 44 years of raging hostility and plots by the powers to be thanks to her own determination and prowess. In effect Iran in 1979 became one of the most independent and probably the single most independent nation on earth.
Oh my god man. You post the same thing over and over again like a broken casette recorder. Don't you ever get tired?

Can you not make your own country, Pakestan into an anti imperialist hub or something?

Pakistani people are mostly anti-imperialist, their governments however have occassionaly acted opposite to their people's will.

Salar is a truth teller, and we know well, truth hurts.
Oh my god man. You post the same thing over and over again like a broken casette recorder. Don't you ever get tired?

Can you not make your own country, Pakestan into an anti imperialist hub or something?

Salar is a truth teller, and we know well, truth hurts.
That is your opinion Mohammad, subjective.

According to me he is extremely biased towards the mullah establishment, just like yourself. Am i not right? :)

However i agree with some of his views like i said in some other thread. His Pakistani ethnicity does not matter, he speaks Persian at a very good level which is cool but that does not warrant him to call my countrymen or leaders all sorts of names (traitors, puppets, spies etc). Disrespectful.

It's not black and white mohammad.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom