What's new

Soon, India to have its own space shuttle

I think we will have our first manned space mission before we build a reusable space craft

why cant india buy atlantis, i mean i have heard atlantis is still good enough for many further missions and its retirement is pretty early??, india is already getting imp things from america

Because ISRO wants to be self-reliant. :)

We don't want our space industry to do the same as our defence industry. :)

I think we will have our first manned space mission before we build a reusable space craft

Useless space missions when we can use that money for better purposes... Will we catch some alliens and bring them to India to be our slaves ...

I think its better to build a fighter jet than a space craft... atleat we will know who will save us in time of calamity

i must be banned then, i know atleast one video in which the indian rocket exploded during satellite mission :lol::lol:

Name ONE Nation Whose Rockets have NOT Exploded ??

and why stick with ONE Explosion ??

The Indian PSLV had 18 Successful Launches in a Row including Chandrayaan ( Moon Mission ) and the one where it Launched 10 satellites ( World Record ) in ONE Go !!!!

i must be banned then, i know atleast one video in which the indian rocket exploded during satellite mission :lol::lol:

Sir, atleast we are launching rockets. Where are your SLVs?

Even Iran, which is under sanctions, managed to launch their satellite.

The main aim of RLV is to bring down cost! I hope it will reduce the space transportation by half than that of PSLV! :D

Useless space missions when we can use that money for better purposes... Will we catch some alliens and bring them to India to be our slaves ...

I think its better to build a fighter jet than a space craft... atleat we will know who will save us in time of calamity

If US, USSR & EU thought like this there would not have been any Apollo Mission, Sputnik or International Space Station.

India will do it guys, regardless of what trolls here say, We know the value of working hard and taking risks, that is what the Indian identity is made of.

We started with this -

image.axd

and ended up on this today -

c22.jpg

its only time when this will become a reality as well -

2009040161821101.jpg

Jai Hind, so proud of my nation, proud to be an Indian :)

in-lgflag.gif

It would be a break through for ISRO and its mission to space launch a human in the SRE and Later to moon in AVATAR. Now since the ISRO has a TD ready for AVATAR which is likely to be tested soon, India would be chosen for the New ISS which India partners in.

I don't think the ISS part for us is very open apart from the funding that cash-strapped EU, Japan and other partner countries are struggling with. While ISS might be a tempting offer, it is a waste of precious Indian money to invest in something that is entirely not ours and when we don't have the polity to be aggressive enough to claim our share in international projects. ISS might be used for docking in future, but I feel it is best that we leave the control to the Russians who are right now de facto suppliers of resources to the ISS and back to earth including transport of astronauts and scientists back and forth.

AVATAR can be an alternate transporter to the ISS. However, sending someone to moon from our country is a long call considering that Moon is not going to be that easy. It is achievable but it is pointless. Simply because the earlier space race was to massage egos of two very powerful and very rich and developed countries (USA and Soviet Union) which it achieved in terms of aim. But sending someone again to moon to simply test soils and minerals is pointless.

Unless you're telling me that there're are some super-fuel sources available on moon surface :P. Even then, we will have to figure a way out along with Americans, Russians and Japanese on how to get all of that back to earth and use it including cost management and cost of that particular fuel which would be astronomical.

and you are talking abt launching space shuttle, i bet you shuttle will take 20-30 more years to be anything near completion let alone sending the first mission, so stop dreaming

20-30 years!!? Do you know how much that is in terms of aerospace technology? Mate, you're seriously talking out of anger. Think about it; our idea is to ensure a transportation vessel that would enable our astronauts and the astronauts of friendly countries to ISS and other space stations (in future) conveniently and continue research in space technology.

There are three main reasons why space is such an ancient obsession for us:

- better knowledge about weather
- better modes of information relay
- militarization of space and its application to forward our ultimate objectives.

We're not sending people to moon; that would easily take the time-frame you said but this current project shouldn't take more than 6-7 years.

You're confusing ISRO with DRDO. The former works at least 10 times faster and more efficiently than the latter. :azn:

Back
Top Bottom