What's new

Sources: J-20 has flown many times already

conworldus

Reaction score
The upcoming "first flight" is just formality for nations' leaders.

ÎíÕֳɶ¼ ¡¸¼ß20¡¹ÑººóÊ×·É

(联合早报网讯)香港星岛日报报道,在美国国防部长盖茨访华前夕,中国昨日在四川成都为首架隐形战机「歼20」(J-20)举行首飞仪式,但受到天气欠佳因素影响,飞机仅进行了高速滑行及弹射减速伞展示,并没有离开地面。有关消息表示,「歼20」的首飞近日随时都会择机再进行。

昨日上午,试飞机场大楼前铺上了红地毡,搭起了充气凯旋门。一架编号「2001」的「歼20」停在跑道上,旁边还有两架将伴飞的双座「歼10」战机也在待命。当局原定的试飞时间是下午一时至三时,成都国际机场并在上述时间暂停了所有民航班机起降。

十一时许,一架波音七三七客机带来了专程来看首飞的高级官员,其中包括大批高级将领。在嘉宾抵达后,「歼 20」随即进行了滑行展示。「飞行员很有信心,飞机高速滑行,引擎声震耳,其间飞行员还拉起了机头,前轮离地,再弹射出减速伞将飞机减速停下。」目击者说。

令人遗憾的是,中午之后,成都天气渐渐变差,从晴天变成阴霾,雾气慢慢大了起来。三时许,多名领导的车出现在「歼20」战机边,有领导还沿扶梯进入「歼20」座舱参观,旁边有技术人员进行讲解。随后部分领导登上上午飞来的专机离开。

有关的消息表示,虽然昨日「歼20」的首飞没有成功进行,但其实「歼20」早已进行了多次试飞,昨日仅是一个有国家领导人和高级将领到场的首飞仪式。而昨日计划中的首飞是半公开的,当局没有封锁机场周边地区,吸引了过千人到场围观。昨日内地各大军事网站还有网友现场直播,当局也没有阻止。

去年年底,互联网出现相信是用手机偷拍的「歼20」照片,西方不少分析还认为是内地军事迷的「恶搞作品」,不过随着更多清晰图片公开,并有飞机在跑道拖行的视频出现,西方才认同「歼20」已真实存在。不过西方评论大多认为战机从滑行测试到试飞最少都需要五年时间,没料到中方在昨日已安排战机作公开试飞。

成都的消息表示,几天前军方背景的成都611所(成都飞机设计研究所)及132厂(成都飞机制造厂)就在内部登记员工资料,以安排现场观看「歼20」公开首飞。昨日当局就用旅游巴士将数百名员工,送到试飞机场附近的成温公路边远距离「观礼」。

^ All members should respect the rules of this forum, one of which is to maintain the medium of communication as "English".

I am interested in knowing more and expect a translation.

^ All members should respect the rules of this forum, one of which is to maintain the medium of communication as "English".

I am interested in knowing more and expect a translation.

Hong Kong Sing Tao Daily reported that on the eve of the U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates visited China, Chengdu, Sichuan China yesterday, led by stealth fighters, "F-20" (J-20) held its first flight ceremony, but due to the weather good factors for high-speed taxiing aircraft and the only ejection parachute display, and did not leave the ground. The news said, "F-20" Recently, at any time choose the first flight further.

Yesterday morning, try front of the building covered with the airport the red carpet, put up the inflatable Arc de Triomphe. A number "2001", "F-20" stop on the runway, next to two two-seater to fly with "F-10" aircraft are on standby. The scheduled flight time is three pm, the Chengdu International Airport and in the time suspended all civil flights taking off and landing.

Eleven o'clock, a Boeing passenger plane brought seven hundred thirty-seven came to see the maiden flight of the senior officials, including the large number of senior generals. Upon arrival, the guests, "F-20" was immediately slide show. "Pilots are confident that high-speed taxiing aircraft, engine noise deafening, during which the pilot also pulled up the nose and front wheel off the ground, and then ejected from the parachute to slow the aircraft to stop." Witnesses said.

Unfortunately, after noon, Chengdu weather gradually deteriorated into a shadow from the sunny, fog big up slowly. Three o'clock, several leading car appears in the "F-20" fighter side, there is still along the escalators leading into the "F-20" cockpit visit, next to the technical staff to explain. Some leaders boarded the morning then flew the plane to leave.

The message said that while yesterday's "J-20" in the first flight is not successful, but in fact, "F-20" has already conducted several test flights, only yesterday, is a national leader and senior generals to the scene of the first flight ceremony. And yesterday the planned flight is half open, there was no blockade of the airport surrounding areas have attracted thousands of onlookers to the scene. Mainland major military website yesterday friends live there, the authorities did not stop.

Late last year, there is believed to be the Internet camera phone using the "F-20" photos, many of the Western military fans also believe that the Mainland's "parody work", but a clear picture as more open, and dragged the aircraft on the runway The video appeared, the West was recognized, "J 20" is real. However, comments tend to feel that fighters from the West coast need to test to test for at least five years, the Chinese side did not expect yesterday's flight had been arranged for public aircraft.

Chengdu, the news said that a few days ago the military background of the Chengdu 611 (Chengdu Aircraft Design Institute) and 132 plant (Chengdu Aircraft Factory) to the registration staff in-house information, to arrange the scene to watch, "F-20" open flight. Authorities to use the tour bus yesterday, hundreds of employees will, to test the airport into the warm side of the road near the remote, "the ceremony.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

ÎíÕֳɶ¼ ¡¸¼ß20¡¹ÑººóÊ×·É

Nice.......I am sure PAF is on it......i just am.

This is certainly a possibility. No reason why the CAC would show it off to the leaders if the plane hasn't flown already. However I don't know why they are still doing taxi tests after the first flight.

This is certainly a possibility. No reason why the CAC would show it off to the leaders if the plane hasn't flown already. However I don't know why they are still doing taxi tests after the first flight.

Probably just to make sure everything is fine before the official "show off" flight.

or if you believe the "rumours" that they change the engine on the prototype, the 1st flight using indigenous engine? honestly we do not know...

or if you believe the "rumours" that they change the engine on the prototype, the 1st flight using indigenous engine? honestly we do not know...

No there are two prototypes named 2001. One with the AL-31 engines and the other with Taihang. This has been confirmed by eyewitnesses.

No there are two prototypes named 2001. One with the AL-31 engines and the other with Taihang. This has been confirmed by eyewitnesses.

It seems the J-20 had already taken flight and its being shown to the world now, rather to be exact a message to the US, since the US Sec Def is coming or already arrived in China.

Plus, i assume, the first prototype flew with the Russian engines and the Chinese have come up with a second prototype with Chinese engines, as second prototype is only made after the first has gone through aerial certification or design certification. Building two prototypes of a design not flown before does not makes sense. First prototype must have been flying for months or atleast for an year to have given enough time to make 2nd prototype with Chinese engines. Most probably 2nd one is also already flying for months and the reason would be to check out the Chinese engines and compare them to the Russian ones and see what's the performance on the J-20s.

It seems the program is well ahead then we had been expecting and the 2-17-18 deadline would be achieved in time.

Nice going.

It seems the J-20 had already taken flight and its being shown to the world now, rather to be exact a message to the US, since the US Sec Def is coming or already arrived in China.

Plus, i assume, the first prototype flew with the Russian engines and the Chinese have come up with a second prototype with Chinese engines, as second prototype is only made after the first has gone through aerial certification or design certification. Building two prototypes of a design not flown before does not makes sense. First prototype must have been flying for months or atleast for an year to have given enough time to make 2nd prototype with Chinese engines. Most probably 2nd one is also already flying for months and the reason would be to check out the Chinese engines and compare them to the Russian ones and see what's the performance on the J-20s.

It seems the program is well ahead then we had been expecting and the 2-17-18 deadline would be achieved in time.

Nice going.

this.

there's no way china's shewd leaders will risk "losing face" if the flight were to go wrong.

and i think the J20 flight is for mr. gates

i don't think there has already a been maiden flight. if there were one, why did CAC bother to have so many taxi trials on J-20 those days?

The normal procedure is having taxi trial first before taking first flight and that's what they did with J10 in the past.

Is it possible j20 has already taken neccessay ground tests and first flight elsewhere? the answer is absolutely no. back in 1998, CAC wanted j10 to be first flied at Xi'an casue thier own airfield was too small. but there was no way they can deliver j10 from plant 132 to Xi'an.

The "rumor" is not slightly possible but against common sense actually.

P.S. I am surprised to see how powerful online translator is today!:eek:

i don't think there has already a been maiden flight. if there were one, why did CAC bother to have so many taxi trials on J-20 those days?

The normal procedure is having taxi trial first before taking first flight and that's what they did with J10 in the past.

Is it possible j20 has already taken neccessay ground tests and first flight elsewhere? the answer is absolutely no. back in 1998, CAC wanted j10 to be first flied at Xi'an casue thier own airfield was too small. but there was no way they can deliver j10 from plant 132 to Xi'an.

The "rumor" is not slightly possible but against common sense actually.

P.S. I am surprised to see how powerful online translator is today!:eek:

fishing...
see how many fish have been catched in FY or CD these day at 2:30pm

China must have been doing all that on purpose. I do not believe if China wanted to keep it secret, it would have let all those photograph taking people have access to it and all so easily.

Another angle, how many of China's secret programs have been photographs by public before? What about J-10 or J-11b? The world only came to know about those birds when China wanted to reveal them and for J-20, it looks like a planned expose or it could have been kept safe for another 4/5 years until its first squadron was inducted.

EVEN if the J-20 made its maiden flight a long time ago, sooner or later we're gonna see it fly. Flight testing doesn't consist of only one flight. Multiple flights and stress tests are needed.

And since fans are already crowding around Chengdu runway, we can be sure that we are going to get its flight on video someday.

Back
Top Bottom