What's new

Y-20 taxi and first flight

Just a comparison.

untitled3yu.jpg

Of course, China can offer Y-20 to any foreign country as long as in China's interests. But before it, Y-20 should use domestic 4x jet engines instead of Russia D30 engines on this prototype. If Russian still do not allow to export Russia jet engines to some 3rd foreign country, Y-20 only stay in China.

The question always is when Y-20 could fly by using some domestic jet engine?

I suspect at least until 2018 or 2020 it will not get domestic engines, but then again I could be wrong, and the reliance on Russian engines is restricting China's aircraft ambitions. AVIC is getting more funding so can see the timeframe cut.

Pakistan will the first one to e offered the Y20 if we replace the DPK30 engine with Ws18 on it. Pakistan is anytime at the place of priority when it comes to China Strongest Ally in the world.

PAF may get Y-9 as we don't really have the requirement nor the money to buy and operate heavy air lifters.

I hope WS-20 engine will solve the transportation problem. As nepolean said "An Army marches on its stomach". Logistics is very important in modern warfare..

Tactical/Special mission aircraft, deployment of armored heavy vehicles as usual China wants everyone to spur into a frenzy trying to figure out their intentions.

Provided, the American pivot [Encirclement of Asia] fails.

it is bound to fail to back a strong millitary you need a strong economy & thier economy is in a crisis they have 2 options cut back the millitary or USSR

i think they like USSR option more

it is bound to fail to back a strong millitary you need a strong economy & thier economy is in a crisis they have 2 options cut back the millitary or USSR

i think they like USSR option more

....and the fact that all major powers in the Asian continent, China,Russia,India,Pakistan,Iran have realized and have a "passive consensus" [at least to some degree] that the US invasion of Afghanistan was a "hole breach" of our entire "Asia". They have tried to create war, hasn't worked lets hope that their domestic issues [fiscal cliff/political divide between republicans and democrats], does the same what Nazi invasion of Europe did for Indian subcontinent's independence.

I hope WS-20 engine will solve the transportation problem. As nepolean said "An Army marches on its stomach". Logistics is very important in modern warfare..

You probably shouldn't quote him. He ironically led his entire army without adequate supplies into Russia and got French-licked by the Cossacks.

Y-20 is huge, It is evident that Y-20 is equal or slightly larger then C-17GM III. All I would want to know about the current engine and future engine.

Here is comparison of C-17GM III And Y-20

qn2xlk.jpg

Funny I checked certain forums and jealous american community is calling Y-20 clone copy where as jaanese kawasaki C1/C2 and european A400M are called indigenous where as we know Japanese ones are 80% TOT and so is A400 based on known Transport.

Pakistan might go for Y-9MPA in the Future as it would be an upgrade from Y-8. Y-9 has more compatibility and commonality to Y-8 yet brand new better Airframe slightly bigger size but we have no information on Y-9MPA endurance or other parameters and avionics to compare it to standard P-3 Orion.

Other then that AFAIK PAF will stick to C-130s perhaps with better economy in the future for C-130J as replacement from C-130H but it is a long way I don't think PAF needs new Transports in next 10-12 years. I am sure as PAF operated C-130s for 48 Years surely C-130J or any new variant in the Future would be the best candidate from perspective of compatibility and both air-ground crew already trained.

Y-20 is an important development and PAF just might purchase it for the Future provided economy is strong and I mean in next 10-12 Years, had it been available we would have received it instead of IL-78. PAF has 17-18 C-130s we don't know perhaps in the Future PAF might cut down C-130 fleet and in favor of limited number of Y-20s say 6 of them and rest upgraded C-130Js.

Y-20 is huge, It is evident that Y-20 is equal or slightly larger then C-17GM III. All I would want to know about the current engine and future engine.

Here is comparison of C-17GM III And Y-20

qn2xlk.jpg

Funny I checked certain forums and jealous american community is calling Y-20 clone copy where as jaanese kawasaki C1/C2 and european A400M are called indigenous where as we know Japanese ones are 80% TOT and so is A400 based on known Transport.

I don't think anyone's upset in America over this. Technology and innovation comes from brains. Not from countries. Everyone copies American tech and designs. Nothing new.

I don't think anyone's upset in America over this. Technology and innovation comes from brains. Not from countries. Everyone copies American tech and designs. Nothing new.

I don't see it american tech and design nor copied american tech it is indigenous pretty much but if design serves the purpose why not pick the design no need to invent the wheel again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom