What's new

South China Sea issue China will no longer be patient

Stop making all that up. Did I already say that I wanted to show you guys the opinions of other countries regarding about the South China Sea ???

First was Singapore, then the Philippines, now the U.S. Because all you guys can do are talk and more talk, so I want you guys to see and hear other's opinions about the South China Sea beside just Vietnam and China. Fair enough????

More to come.

I'm sorry for those impolite words, but I think this kind debate has to be solved bilaterally, resort to force is not good way. i personally thought Vietname and China shall share some friendly dipomatic ties becasue we share sae social system until recently i realise that our relation is not as good as i imagined.
first : Both china and Vietname claimed that they hold the terrirory. this is a dispute. do you acknowledge it's dispute?
second: over the dispute, china propose to shelve the dispute and develop it jointly. right?
thirds: china's proposa fell on deaf ear, you counties develop it unilaterally. right?
fouth: you and filipine try to introduce third power into this dispute, and magnify the influence from regional to international.
so let's check all happened recently who is more provocative ? you might say it's you first cutting off the cable of the explorer. but have you thought what happened beore the cutting, China has demonstrated the biggest patience and tolerence not to resort to force. and you side interpreted this kind of patience and torlerence as weakness. and overtly make your undisputed money in the disputed area. you think what china is ? is china fool?
I as a chinese am pro for joint development. because it's hard to tell who is right or wrong in terms of territory. but you side need to respect our perception. why you put all the oil money into your own pocket?
there is no necessity to continue this kind of wrangling. i believe you love your country deeply, so do i, who will like to be traitor to compromise ? don't try to search any more evidence. if you are mature and in sound mind, stop this kind of argument, let's do it together.
this is the standingpoint that china has been sticking to. i hope you can feel china's sincerity. not because of our fear, but because of our hatred of conflict or war. thanks

short and simple. Why other countries have to do what China wants ?? Why there are so my countries out there against China ??? Is China the only rightous country but the rest aren't ??? Ofcourse NOT.

Why no country in the South East Asia Sea claims that %80 of the South China Sea belong to her , except China ??? Canada and Russia are the two biggest countries in the world but they don't act like China ????

I'm sorry for those impolite words, but I think this kind debate has to be solved bilaterally, resort to force is not good way. i personally thought Vietname and China shall share some friendly dipomatic ties becasue we share sae social system until recently i realise that our relation is not as good as i imagined.
first : Both china and Vietname claimed that they hold the terrirory. this is a dispute. do you acknowledge it's dispute?
second: over the dispute, china propose to shelve the dispute and develop it jointly. right?
thirds: china's proposa fell on deaf ear, you counties develop it unilaterally. right?
fouth: you and filipine try to introduce third power into this dispute, and magnify the influence from regional to international.
so let's check all happened recently who is more provocative ? you might say it's you first cutting off the cable of the explorer. but have you thought what happened beore the cutting, China has demonstrated the biggest patience and tolerence not to resort to force. and you side interpreted this kind of patience and torlerence as weakness. and overtly make your undisputed money in the disputed area. you think what china is ? is china fool?
I as a chinese is pro for joint development. because it's hard to tell who is right or wrong in terms of territory. but you side need to respect our perception. why you put all the oil money into your own pocket?
there is no necessity to continue this kind of wrangling. i believe you love your country deeply, so do i, who will like to be traitor to comproise ? don't try to search any evidence. if you are mature and in sound mind, stop this kind of argument, let's do it together.
this is the standingpoint that china has been sticking to. i hope you can feel china's sincerity. not because of our fear, but because of our hatred of conflict or war. thanks

I as a chinese am pro for joint development. because it's hard to tell who is right or wrong in terms of territory. but you side need to respect our perception. why you put all the oil money into your own pocket?
there is no necessity to continue this kind of wrangling. i believe you love your country deeply, so do i, who will like to be traitor to compromise ? don't try to search any more evidence. if you are mature and in sound mind, stop this kind of argument, let's do it together.
So funny bro, Vn's emperor claim All island in 1836 and sent troop to protect them, so, all belong to Vn from 1836, we must refuse the joint development. Do you want a joint development in HongKong, Taiwan or HaiNan ??

Another opinion from senator Jim Webb about the South China Sea.

Senator urges US action on South China Sea dispute

The United States should condemn China's use of force and push for multilateral negotiations to resolve territorial disputes in the South China Sea that have raised tensions in the region, Sen. Jim Webb said Monday.

Jim%20Webb.jpg

Vietnam fired live artillery rounds Monday off its central coast in naval drills staged after accusing Chinese boats of disrupting oil and gas exploration. A similar dispute flared last week between China and the Philippines.

The United States irked China last year by asserting that Washington had a national security interest in the peaceful resolution of disputes in the South China Sea, resource-rich waters where China has competing claims with several nations and territories and rejects outside interference. It maintains that the disputes should be handled bilaterally.

Webb, a Virginia Democrat who chairs the Senate subcommittee overseeing American policy toward east Asia, said Vietnam and other countries were watching whether "we are going to back up those words with substantive action."

"That does not mean military confrontation, per se, but we have to make a clear signal," he told a Washington seminar organized by the Council on Foreign Relations.

Webb and Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma, ranking Republican on the subcommittee, introduced a Senate resolution Monday condemning China's actions. It supports continued operations by U.S. forces to defend freedom of navigation in the South China Sea and urges the United States to facilitate a multilateral process to settle the territorial disputes.

The U.S. diplomatic intervention last year was welcomed by countries in the region, most notably Vietnam, which has a historic rivalry with China. Vietnam and China fought a bloody border war in 1979.

The latest spat between the communist-led countries has prompted rare protests in Vietnam, which says Chinese boats cut a cable attached to a vessel conducting a seismic survey off its coast May 26 and hindered operations of another vessel June 9. China accuses Vietnam of illegally entering its waters and putting fishermen's lives at risk. It has not commented on Vietnam's naval drills.

Webb described China's actions as a clear interference in "proper activities by Vietnam."

U.S. State Department spokesman Mark Toner said Friday that the recent incidents in the South China Sea had raised concerns about maritime security. He urged a collaborative diplomatic process to resolve the territorial disputes, saying that shows of force only served to raise tensions further.

Senator urges US action on South China Sea dispute - AP News Wire, Associated Press News - Salon.com

UN must intervene in South China sea, else China will swallow Vietnaam and other Asian country... UN must come up with some resolution... Chinese recent aggression towards Its neighbors is provoking....

So funny bro, Vn's emperor claim All island in 1836 and sent troop to protect them, so, all belong to Vn from 1836, we must refuse the joint development. Do you want a joint development in HongKong, Taiwan or HaiNan ??

then , war is inevitable. before a war, please expand your exploration within you claimed area to further demonstrate your ownership and see what to happen. friend, you need to be tougher then you will be close to those islands.

How about this article .

International scholars reject China’s U-shaped line

International scholars discuss maritime security in the East Sea

VietNamNet Bridge - The US-based Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) organized a conference on maritime security in the East Sea in Washington, USA, on June 20-21, in the context of escalating tension in this area.

29309-20110622163648_go1-1-ta-20110623112635-d9r92i04em.jpg

The event was attended by world leading researchers on the East Sea and around 80 high-ranking officials, policy makers, and representatives of the media.

Vietnamese representatives at the conference were Dr.Tran Truong Thuy, director of the East Sea research program, lawyer Nguyen Duy Chien and Dr. Dang Dinh Quy, director of the Institute for International Relations.

The conference focused on issues related to sovereignty, territorial disputes, regional stability, freedom of international navigation and exploitation of under sea natural resources.

Attendants focused their discussions on four major topics: interests and positions of parties in the East Sea; recent developments in the East Sea; the effectiveness of the current frameworks and mechanisms for maritime security in the East Sea; and recommendations for policies to enhance security in the region.

In the first day, international scholars made presentations and discussed the interests and the role of parties in the East Sea, as well as recent developments in this area. On the second day, US Senator John McCain delivered the keynote speech.

The conference was held before the ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) in July and the East Asia Summit (EAS) in October in Indonesia.

International scholars reject China’s U-shaped line

Many international scholars opposed China’s arguments on “historical basis” of the U-shaped line in the 2-day conference in Washington.

After Prof. Su Hao from the China Foreign Affairs University in Beijing delivered a speech on China’s sovereignty and policy in the East Sea, Dr. Termsak Chalermpalanupap, Assistant Director for Program Coordination and External Relations of the ASEAN Secretariat, said: “I don’t think that the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) recognizes history as the basis to make sovereignty claims”.

Prof. Peter Dutton from the US Naval University did not agree with China’s explanation of the meaning of the U-shaped line related to history. He said: “The jurisdiction over waters does not have connection to history. It must observe the UNCLOS”.

Dr. Dutton stressed that using history to explain sovereignty erodes the rules of the UNCLOS.

World famous researcher, Carl Thayer, Emeritus Professor of Politics, the University of New South Wales at the Australian Defense Force Academy, said that Chinese scholars using historical heritage to explain its claim of sovereignty once again shows the lack of legal foundation under the international law for the claim.

Caitlyn Antrim, Executive Director, Rule of Law Committee for the Oceans of the USA, confirmed that the U-shaped line has no ground under the international law because historical basis is very weak.

She said: “I don’t understand what China claims for in that U-shaped line. If they claim sovereignty over islands inside that line, the question is whether they are able to prove their sovereignty over these islands. If China claimed sovereignty over these islands 500 years ago and then they did not perform their sovereignty, their claim of sovereignty becomes very weak. For inhabited islands, they can only claim for territorial waters, not exclusive economic zones from the islands”.

Dr. Bonnie Glaser from the US, Dr. Tran Truong Thuy from Vietnam, Prof. Carl Thayer from Australia and Ian Storey from Singapore talked about recent developments in the East Sea and their explanations for these incidents.

As Chinese scholars questioned why the recent two incidents between Chinese ships and Vietnamese oil exploration vessels occurred at this moment (Chinese ships cut cables of two Vietnamese ships in Vietnam’s waters), Dr. Tran Truong Thuy said: “This is also our question. Why Chinese ships cut cables of Vietnamese seismic survey ships before a significant event like the Shangri-La Dialogue?”

US must boost ASEAN defenses in the East Sea, McCain says

The US must help Southeast Asian countries build up naval defenses to counter “aggressive” Chinese actions in the East Sea, Senator John McCain said in his key note speech on the second day of the conference in Washington.

The US should aid the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) to “build up their maritime defense and detection capabilities to develop and deploy basic systems such as early- warning radar and coastal security vessels,” he said.

Tensions in the disputed waters have increased over the past month as the Philippines and Vietnam said Chinese ships had harassed their oil and gas survey vessels.

McCain, an Arizona Republican and ranking member of the Senate Armed Forces Committee, said “the aggressive behavior of China and the unsubstantiated territorial claims that it seeks to advance” are “exacerbating tensions” in the waters.

McCain called on President Barack Obama’s administration to clarify the US position on territorial claims and “what actions we are prepared to take to support our policies and partners.”

“The events now unfolding in the East Sea will play a decisive role in shaping the development of the Asia-Pacific region in this century,” he said.

Earlier, senators Jim Webb, a Virginia Democrat and a former Secretary of the Navy, and James Inhofe, an Oklahoma Republican, submitted a resolution on June 13, condemning what they described as “the use of force” by Chinese vessels.

The US, which has patrolled Asia-Pacific waters since World War II, has defense treaties with the Philippines and Thailand, and guarantees Taiwan’s security. The US Navy has said it will conduct joint training exercises with both the Philippines and Vietnam over the next two months.

PV
20110622163648_go1-2-TA.jpg

International scholars discuss maritime security in the East Sea | Vietnam News & Information Portal - Info.VN

doesn't matter.
china will not use military force to resolve this.

UN must intervene in South China sea, else China will swallow Vietnaam and other Asian country... UN must come up with some resolution... Chinese recent aggression towards Its neighbors is provoking....

totally agree with you. China will veto if the resolution is not perfect. Since China is one of the leads in UN, it has responsibility to propose a resolution. but i don't think China is interested in swallowing Vietnam, it is a country that loves peace and protects peace in this area. that's why it became a lead in UN.

I think it's better for our Vietnamese people to say it because history has proven that Vietnam was always defeated invaders like China who always 20 times bigger than Vietnam and our ancester still fought them in the end. How many times was China invaded Vietnam ??? Thousand times ???

Dude, your words is too joke, China never want invade you actually all the war in the history as you provoke China firstly. But China always help you once you beg China.

Dude, your words is too joke, China never want invade you actually all the war in the history as you provoke China firstly. But China always help you once you beg China.
Let listen funny words of a professor "China is older brother, Vietnam is younger one. The older brother covers younger. The younger has a duty to obey older"...ha...ha...what kind of morality. The brother robber land of younger and younger has to keep silent and give land to him.
BTW remind a bit:
---Long long time in the past : Vietnamese don't like Chinese because China always invade Viet land. You say Viet beg China,...so beg what ? Sutpid boy
---Inner war Vietnam : North Vietnam and China are comrade. In one line to fight with Capitalist . China help Vietnam and North Viet accept the help for what ? for a common Communism. China is so good or hlep Vietnam mean help herself. Meawhile South Vietnam hated and defy China like dog. Beg China for what ?
---Nowdays : North Vietnam won the inner waar and united the Viet nation. Viet goverment are very humble with brother of Communism..but China do not dream to invade Vietnam . If China robber land and sea again ( 1988 is only case, no more ) we swear to fight until we have only 1 child we still fight. We rather die all than lost any land and sea to China, with or without help form US, Russia, India, Asian or anyone else.

China, proffesional invader, remember

Let listen funny words of a professor "China is older brother, Vietnam is younger one. The older brother covers younger. The younger has a duty to obey older"...ha...ha...what kind of morality. The brother robber land of younger and younger has to keep silent and give land to him.
BTW remind a bit:
---Long long time in the past : Vietnamese don't like Chinese because China always invade Viet land. You say Viet beg China,...so beg what ? Sutpid boy
---Inner war Vietnam : North Vietnam and China are comrade. In one line to fight with Capitalist . China help Vietnam and North Viet accept the help for what ? for a common Communism. China is so good or hlep Vietnam mean help herself. Meawhile South Vietnam hated and defy China like dog. Beg China for what ?
---Nowdays : North Vietnam won the inner waar and united the Viet nation. Viet goverment are very humble with brother of Communism..but China do not dream to invade Vietnam . If China robber land and sea again ( 1988 is only case, no more ) we swear to fight until we have only 1 child we still fight. We rather die all than lost any land and sea to China, with or without help form US, Russia, India, Asian or anyone else.

China, proffesional invader, remember

Hi dude, your Patriotic enthusiasm can be understood but your logic is big wrong. China never want to invade your Vietnam and robbed your land. If not you can point out which place is yours among present china's territory ??? As i mentioned before all these war in the history were provoked by your stupid government. China is loving-peace country.

Hi dude, your Patriotic enthusiasm can be understood but your logic is big wrong. China never want to invade your Vietnam and robbed your land. If not you can point out which place is yours among present china's territory ??? As i mentioned before all these war in the history were provoked by your stupid government. China is loving-peace country.

Those islands belong to VN, we claim in 1836 and sent troop to defend.In 1974, you invade our Paracel, broke the relationship, and now, China gov just simply draw an unacceptabable Red line , having our islans inside.

Back
Top Bottom