What's new

South Korea and Indonesia to build 5th gen fighter!

The plane itself doesn't look too bad.

1257654312967.jpg

However I am very skeptical about ROK's ability to design and produce an advance engine that is required for its performance., but there are always the options of getting them from US or Russia since ROK's government seems to have really good relationship with both.

Indonesia agrees to join S.Korea's fighter development | My Sinchew

Another couple of potential Pak-FA customers are gone....Russia better hopes India buys 100's of them as they increasingly look like the only country which can and will buy any sizable amounts of a jet worth 100 million a pop.

OH my :eek: Every one is building 5th Gen planes these days :woot::woot::woot:

The only Fifth gen plane that is active is the F-22 and two in development are F-35 and T-50.Rest are still in the drawing Bord.
So only countries with Fifth Gen planes would be USA,Russia,India, China(J-xx:undecided::undecided:).
It will stay that way for a long duration of time.

I expect it will not be in full scale production till 2030, they will need something by then..........

1257654312967.jpg

However I am very skeptical about ROK's ability to design and produce an advance engine that is required for its performance., but there are always the options of getting them from US or Russia since ROK's government seems to have really good relationship with both.

Please do explain why Russia would sell a Fifth gen plane to S.Korea.
Agree with you on the rest of the post.:cheers:

Its all wet dream.

how they gonna build 5th Gen? what's there experience in the field??

SK is America's most key ally in the region, I expect America will lend some of their expertise for the project.

1257654312967.jpg

Picture does not look like a 5th gen. aircraft...it looks like a 4+ gen. at best..lets what they come up with as final model...

I bet Korea will have their jet out before India makes her MCA.
Thank you for your concern but MCA is not going to go the LCA way for sure coz we learnt a lot from it which will be applied to the MCA program+ the inputs from Pak-Fa program.
Do tell me what experience S.K has in building advanced planes.:cheers::cheers:

SK is America's most key ally in the region, I expect America will lend some of their expertise for the project.

why they will give expertise??????? instead of simply giving F35 that will earn them money and provide jobs to Americans.

They would not give info to U.K and Japan don't expect them give info to S.K:cheers:
Besides if America would want to help S.K they could Sell the F-35 to them which is a win -win deal for both countries.
S.K gets A high tech plane.
USA gets Profit and jobs.

Indonesia has an establish aviation industry and ROK manufactuers a locaclized variant of F16 just like the Japanese have their own version of F16. I belive ROK is very much capable and Pakistan+China could join hands.

why they will give expertise??????? instead of simply giving F35 that will earn them money and provide jobs to Americans.

Like I said, the plane will not be in full scale production till 2030, according to my estimates, by that time they will need something, so they will have to opt for F-35.............

They would not give info to U.K and Japan don't expect them give info to S.K:cheers:
Besides if America would want to help S.K they could Sell the F-35 to them which is a win -win deal for both countries.
S.K gets A high tech plane.
USA gets Profit and jobs.

They will buy F-35..............By the time this plane is ready, I think the F-35s will be approaching their mid service life upgrades.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom