What's new

'Sovereign Global Centres Of Power': Russia's New Foreign Policy Strategy Identifies India, China As Main Allies

I think comparing China and Russia and then under estimating Russia is happening here.

China is not what it is mentioned on papers. The more countries trade in local currencies, the more access Russia has for other markets.

Ukraine war might convert to low intensity war if it prolongs more. The territory which Russia occupied has more Russian supporting population so it is not difficult to hold, definitely not like Afghanistan.

If Russia gets it plan correct to link with emerging economies, Russia will be fine.
I did not compare Russia to China, i am merely stating the fact.

Russia GDP is dropping and it's going to continue to drop, and that is not going to be well for Russian economy, why would they, they were selling high on EU on high demand, China wasn't even a big gas consumer to being with. the Russian aren't going to get the same dollar and same deal when they are selling to the Chinese and Indian cheap. Resource rich is one thing, you still need to have contract and buyer to make money, and finally don't forget US, not Russia is the world number 1 oil exporter. If the American want to tank the oil price, they can.

On the other hand, Russia even have problem dealing with Russian Partisan in Russia, numerous assassination deep inside Russia happened already, and a few sabotage mission from deep inside Russia already, and you are telling me their occupied territories which had at most 50% or less support pre-war is going to be easy to hold??

On top of that, you are looking at a Ukraine that have sent substantial number of troop overseas during the winter and spring for training, you can't just receive those tanks and APC without them training how to use it, and you are talking about a very big number, with the tanks and APC the west donated to Ukraine, they can easily form 3 Brigade with it. that 3 new Brigade going to show up on battlefield anytime in the middle of summer. The Russian winter offensive was supposed to be at least as efficient as the initial offensive and instead Russian gain is minimal, and they wasted a lot of experience soldier and equipment on those, they should have pushed 5-8% into Ukraine in order to have a buffer for them to build defence and hold on to their gain further inland, the reality is, they have gain no more than 1% and all those were gain during the costly Bakhmut campaign, which they still can't close the ring 8 months into it.

And finally, emerging market needs time to mature, if they could be at all, and time is what Russia do not need and if the second biggest economy cannot bail out Russian, no ASEAN and African country could. Russia is going to head into decade of recession and will languish into nothingness and losing their regional power in the next few years. If that had not happened already. did you see the CSTO submit? Or other Russian diplomatic mission Russia conduct in the last year? Everyone is dissing Putin from Xi to Modi to Kazakh president, making him wait, snuffing him from his press time. They won't do that if they respected Putin.

That only proves you dont know Chinese. Your prediction of China's behaviour is entirely based on US and Western historical experiences, and thats not valid for China.
Everything China has copied has been from the outside world including communism

True Russia won't collapse. However with this Ukraine war it sealed the country's fate/hope of a revival/rise back to the top. The country will be a slow steady decline from then on. It won't collapse or whatever some extreme westerner might want to think, but they will decline even more and reluctantly become more of junior partner by default for China. It will be the reverse of post WWII Sino-Soviet ties where China was the junior partner (albeit reluctant as well). The good thing for China is that, with Putin having launch a disastrous war with Ukraine with no end in sight, it will keep draining Russias resources and manpower which they badly need with their declining population) ,leading to more exodus of the brightest young Russian fleeing mobilisation to Western countries thereby making Russian Brain drain even worse than in the past, Plus Russias isolation and sanctions from Europe(former largest trade partner and market), U.S, Japan, S.Korea and many others will affect Russian leveling up its manufacturing and service industries and getting the best products available in market , it will keep affecting its capital markets and thus ability to raise funds for its private industries for a long time, the sanctions also limits Russias options for markets so they have little leeway to bargain and will thus have to trade even at a loss compared to other countries who can trade with the world. Etc etc.
In short the country faces a much narrow choice than before and this war will make them unable to wage another offensive war or threaten their neighbours again for a long time, thus giving more freedom to those countries under Russian coercion like in Central Asia. Etc etc there are many more I can't list all here.
In short I see nothing positive for Russia in this war. It was a blunder by Putin to be honest, if it was a quick war with a blitzkrieg victory then it would have been worth it. However, he underestimated Ukrianian resolve and western Unity/response. I'm sure he himself regrets today, but we can't go back to the past unfortunately.

Plus, you as an Indian should be actually worried the most about this. Lol Since this means Russia will be willing to be more closer and even more subservient(it doesn't have to be openly) to China than any other country, thus this will be more worrying for India. Since in the event of a sino-Indian flare up this coming years/decades, Russia will be less likely to support India over China if need be. In short Russo-Chinese relations are now far more important for Russia than Russo-Indian relations to be honest. Plus you will be/are still seen by Russia as more closer to the US than China. That also makes a difference for Russia.

Russia will keep India close for the same reason Uncle Sam does

Note - India got discounts for petroleum. Pakistan got nothing. Look no further than that

Lets be honest, the only nations that are Soverign are China, USA, Russia and Iran to some extent and to a further extent Saudi.
The rest of the world cant stand up to the spheres of influence.

Don't talk nonsense. German territory has been correctly and justifiably settled with the conclusion of WW II by the partial punishment of their waging the most barbaric world war, you have the gall to bring up Germany as a case and speak of that they also has the right to claim their former territories that might just briefly existed before WW II, why don't you say then that Germany has the right to claim the entire continential Europe becos they occupied the entire region for few years during WW II, your logic is laughable, it just shows how delusional and unrealistic you Indians are. Chinese historical evidence of domination and historical claim in SCS are real, China as a nation has been in existence in East Asia for thousands of years until today, not like Mongol Empire that existed for some one or two hundred years more than 7 hundred years ago and then disappeared from history, not like your India that never existed in history but wants to claim Chinese territory based on your colonial master's illegal draw of boundary, so you think Mongolia and India have the legality to claim those territories that ceased to be Mongolia's rule long time ago or Chinese land never belonged to your India, Lol ?

ICI is nothing but a tool of the West, it's totally biased against some countries like China, recent ruling by the International Arbitration court on islands in the SCS as put up and paid by the Philippines is totally a joke as it is controlled by the US. Don't be a hypocrite yourself, why then you Indians won't accept the ICI to decide the disputes in Kashmir, Lol, you people don't even accept UN resolution on Kashmir, talk of hypocrisy ? China just doesn't believe anybody or organization should decide China's sovereignty and territories, period.

Talk of Might is Right, You Indians and Westerners sure are much more believing in such practice, you Indians openly talk of using force to wage two front wars against China and Pakistan all the time and your India had invaded China and Pakistan number of times in the past decades, what a true warmonger your country is, what do you say of your such practices ?

I knew you were stupid. But this stupid?? See the map again for its period and take a deep breath and put your grey matter to work again. I guess there is a reason you had accumulated 21 negative ratings from 3000 odd posts, inspite of having friendlier admins here.

Also, like I said, Germany was just an example. There are 100s, if not 1000s, example for such countries with historical boundaries. But you being you, I will not bother engaging with your bullcraps anymore.

I knew you were stupid. But this stupid?? See the map again for its period and take a deep breath and put your grey matter to work again. I guess there is a reason you had accumulated 21 negative ratings from 3000 odd posts, inspite of having friendlier admins here.

Also, like I said, Germany was just an example. There are 100s, if not 1000s, example for such countries with historical boundaries. But you being you, I will not bother engaging with your bullcraps anymore.
Oh, you stupid Indian, that's what you people are famous for of despicable IQ only 82 to make big cases of Germany and Mongol Empire, Germany never existed as a country before Bismark came along in 1870s, period, so don't put up such BS map. You loser made a fool of yourself and lost the argument hopelessly so now you want to complain about my negative ratings instead, Lol ? My negative rating of 21 is an honour for me becos they are giving by the anti-Chinese American idiots for my blasts of you Indian fools, so what, the higher the number means I am pounding on you Indians foolish posts. Many Chinese posters are giving many negative ratings by some idiots, the forum is no way friendly to Chinese users, only you would believe that.

Last edited:
No worthwhile discussion on topic can be achieved. Hence replying to the relevant blabbering only.

My negative rating of 21 is an honour for me becos they are giving by the anti-Chinese American idiots for my blasts of you Indian fools, so what, the higher the number means I am pounding on you Indians foolish posts. Many Chinese posters are giving many negative ratings by some idiots, the forum is no way friendly to Chinese users, only you would believe that.

No! Its because you are a foul mouthed, self loathing keyboard troll, who cannot hold his debates in a reasonable manner and resorts to personal abuse easily, perhaps due to your lack of self confidence. If your replies were good and logical, the negative ratings would have been reverted by the friendlier (to Chinese) Pakistani admins.

As for your badge of honor...

warning_label_6_cm_round_badge-r99607845cc5b4eea8f82b90dd0726c5b_k94rf_307.jpg

Last edited:
No worthwhile discussion on topic can be achieved. Hence replying to the relevant blabbering only.

No! Its because your are a foul mouthed, self loathing troll, who cannot hold his debates in a reasonable manner and resorts to personal abuse easily, perhaps due to your lack of self confidence. If your replies were good and logical, the negative ratings would have been reverted by the friendlier (to Chinese) Pakistani admins.

As for your badge of honor...

warning_label_6_cm_round_badge-r99607845cc5b4eea8f82b90dd0726c5b_k94rf_307.jpg
Yeah, we are blasting on you Indians' foolish and slandering comments about China and Chinese, that's why we are giving many negative ratings by some idiots. The forum admins are no way considered friendly to Chinese users, they are much more accommodating to American and Western views and users. What is your fuss of negative ratings after all ? You are not clean either, you got 4 negative ratings.

Last edited:
I know that you will not agree to my PoV. Hence this will be my last response in this regards. The absurdity of historical claim is precisely what I'm referring to. Boundaries of all countries varied vastly over the known history. IMHO, it is absurd to start claiming lands, maritime zones in present times based on what was once a sphere of influence (not even legitimate territories).

For instance, this was historical Germany. Should they start claiming lands & oceans based on that?

germany_charles_v_1519.jpg

There are 100s of example like that. Should Mongolia starts claiming territories NOW based on their historical territories?

So spare me this logic and accept that, China also practices "Might is Right". May be to a lesser extend as @That Guy pointed out that she is still not fully capable enough yet to go for all out hegemony like the US.

No, I am not justifying anyone's claims. However, since this is a dispute of such a epic proportion, why not let the ICJ settle it amicably? Also, as an Indian, I hardly have any interest in what happens in SC sea. Its just the absurdity and the hypocrisy that made me speak out. Whether or not you admit it openly, its ultimately Might is right for China as well. So spare us the culture and tradition lecture.

In my eyes, we live in a time, as you put it, "might is right" if the Israelis can go back some 3,000 years and start claiming a piece of sand particles, I see no reason others can't. On top of that, the West is silent, so that's tacit approval.

Last edited:
In my eyes, we live in a time, as you put it, "might is right" if the Israelis can go back some 3,000 years and start claiming a piece of sand particles, I see no reason others can't.

You're missing my point. Not saying if it is right or wrong or who does it and who does not. I am only speaking up against hypocrites who follow it almost as vigorously as the US, but tries to hide behind some bullcrap of culture and traditions.

And you're right. Every current nation states does it to the extent possible as per their strength. Doesn't mean & matter that I do not condone it.

You're missing my point. Not saying if it is right or wrong or who does it and who does not. I am only speaking up against hypocrites who follow it almost as vigorously as the US, but tries to hide behind some bullcrap of culture and traditions.

And you're right. Every current nation states does it to the extent possible as per their strength. Doesn't mean & matter that I do not condone it.
I think you Indians are the most famous hypocrites. You are very much upset becos Chinese behave much different from you delusional and belligerent Indians indeed.

Last edited:
Good supply india with weapons and you will soon see pakistani baktar shikans and baburs blasting Ruskie arse :sniper:

An eye for an eye

Back
Top Bottom