What's new

Space Warfare, Technology and Exploration

Just do some courses in Vacuum Electronics and apply for some position in NASA.

OK for research and work in Vacuum Electronics.

Though is it not better that I start a company or at least work in partnership in an existing company ??

OK for research and work in Vacuum Electronics.

Though is it not better that I start a company or at least work in partnership in an existing company ??
That will require a lot of experience and background. But NASA usually work with subcontractor companies. These subcontractor companies are everything from electronics, testing to civil work. Research a little where you want to fit in.

Escape to Mars, a RT channel interview of a Russian woman, Anastasia, who is one of the short-listed people in the Dutch-led former project, Mars One.

The interview is from 2014 but nonetheless is interesting.

---

@Hamartia Antidote @RealNapster @ps3linux

Humans should not go beyond moon. Our solar system deserve a better specie to rule/(roam around in) it "if there is any', if not then lets keep it remain the way it is.

Humans should not go beyond moon. Our solar system deserve a better specie to rule/(roam around in) it "if there is any', if not then lets keep it remain the way it is.

Your point of view seems like that of @fitpOsitive. :)

But I personally I want to live on Mars. My plan of starting a company to commercially develop my microprocessor is a small step towards that goal. I hope I succeed.

But I personally I want to live on Mars. My plan of starting a company to commercially develop my microprocessor is a small step towards that goal. I hope I succeed.
I want to make this earth great again.

I want to make this earth great again.

Bhai, there are many crooked people on Earth, who for various reasons can go to the extent of waging even nuclear war. They will have to be convinced somehow to not do so.

These billionares will promise you a seat in Mangal yan but will keep destroying this planet through their corporations and factories

These billionares will promise you a seat in Mangal yan but will keep destroying this planet through their corporations and factories

Most of them yes but a few are involved in charitable work or in space ventures. For example, Bill Gates, Musk, Jeff Bezos, Robert Bigelow.

The real culprits are the greedy middle classes of the world who via their consumerism cause mass-production of goods which are harmful to Earth's ecology. Things like the latest privately-owned, personal car.

A single man who made shopoing so easy and cheap for consumers that humans use of commodities increased many times. Which means more factories to run for feeding the products to more customers. Bill gate is doing good i agree. But then you know Billionares do all this charity work to save Tax as per US law.

A single man who made shopoing so easy and cheap for consumers that humans use of commodities increased many times. Which means more factories to run for feeding the products to more customers.

Good point.

But Bezos wants to move those factories into space :
“Hundreds of years into the future, we will move all the polluting industries to space and other planets, where we have infinite resources for all practical purposes and Earth will only be used for light industries and residencies,” he said, adding that Earth is a finite planet. “We have sent robotic probes to all planets in the solar system and this planet is the only good one. There are no other good planets in the solar systems and we have to take care of this one,” he added.

Mining asteroids and converting them into products in space and just exporting the finished goods to Earth... that is a good idea. I had not thought of the underlined part.

Plus we need a rethink on what kind of goods should be made available on Earth. For example, cars should not be allowed as privately-owned personal vehicles. Instead they should be allowed as taxis, in addition to mass-transit vehicles like buses.

Last edited:
But Bezos wants to move those factories into space :

"hundreds of years into the future". Yah. Thats convinient. You think our globe cam take 50 more years of this trend of consumption and resulting global wsrming and polution ?

Mining asteroids and converting them into products in space and just exporting the finished goods to Earth... that is a good idea. I had not thought of the underlined part.

Plus we need a rethink on what kind of goods should be made available on Earth. For example, cars should not be allowed as privately-owned personal vehicles. Instead they should be allowed as taxis, in addition to mass-transit vehicles like buses

Aesteroids are not good if you looking for diverse group of raw msterials. I mean the earth have some 1000 types of minerals can you say that about aesteroids? No. Majority aesteroids are madeup of 5-6 minerals. Also even if things go as per Plan, still bringing those products from Space to earth will be very exoensive. SpaceX supplied things to Space station for 27000 dollars each pound. Now tell me how much will a playstation (made in space) cost you here on Planet earth ?

"hundreds of years into the future". Yah. Thats convinient. You think our globe cam take 50 more years of this trend of consumption and resulting global wsrming and polution ?

I think he said "hundreds of years into the future" because he thought people won't take him seriously if he said space-based mining can be started within 20 to 25 years.

There was a company called Planetary Resources ( now acquired by another ) which had laid down asteroid mining in the near-future in practical terms. That company was co-founded by Peter Diamandis who was also founder of the X Prize Foundation.

When the interviewee says that the oceans were 80 feet higher than now, when he is exactly talking about ??

Aesteroids are not good if you looking for diverse group of raw msterials. I mean the earth have some 1000 types of minerals can you say that about aesteroids? No. Majority aesteroids are madeup of 5-6 minerals.

I agree, but there are many asteroids in the Asteroid Belt which together will be equivalent to the diverse-elements mining on Earth.

Also even if things go as per Plan, still bringing those products from Space to earth will be very exoensive. SpaceX supplied things to Space station for 27000 dollars each pound. Now tell me how much will a playstation (made in space) cost you here on Planet earth ?

We will need a new kind of economic system. The below text is from a PDF thread from 2019 :
An Asteroid Named Psyche 16 Is Made Of Enough Gold To Make Everyone On Earth A Billionaire
And if that asteroid is Psyche 16, currently located somewhere in space between Mars and Jupiter, you would theoretically have possession of a hunk of rock that is estimated to be worth some $700 quintillion (that's 700 billion billion), with a Q!
Of course, you'd also have to buy a new house and a new neighborhood block too, since Psyche 16 has a radius of over 70 miles, and would cause tremendous damage to the surrounding area were it ever to strike the Earth. That's why, NASA and other interests aren't just waiting around for the asteroid to possibly strike the planet, but are instead launching an exploratory mission in 2022 to prove definitive exactly how much precious metal – gold, iron and nickel – are in the massive asteroid
If Psyche 16 is indeed worth $700 quintillion, bringing it all to Earth could cause the entire global economy, now worth a mere $75.5 trillion, to totally collapse.

I think he said "hundreds of years into the future" because he thought people won't take him seriously if he said space-based mining can be started within 20 to 25 years

That if you are really optimistic. I dont see such expeditions in near future. Not till 2050 atleast.

the interviewee says that the oceans were 80 feet higher than now, when he is exactly talking about ?

The last time carbon amount in atmosphere was at that 'figure mentioned in previous line" level..

I agree, but there are many asteroids in the Asteroid Belt which together will be equivalent to the diverse-elements mining on Earth

That demand a whole new system and supply chain mechanism between several asteroids and planets (meant for factories). How much time do you know think it will take?

We will need a new kind of economic system. The below text is from a PDF thread from

Again. The current system took century atleast to come to the matyrity level it is in today.

I am not saying these things wont happen or can't happen. I am saying the amount of time these "plans" require, we dont have that much time. Our planet earth is duying and it wont take longer for it to take those last breaths after which we wont be able to breath on it (not saying we will die all, ofcourse many will survive but wont be able to breath the air, drink the water, eat the food).

Back
Top Bottom