What's new

Specific martial art used by Pakistani troops?

SSG should be taught aikidio if it is not being taught. watch steven seagal at his best.

here is the link

The most common practiced martial arts in Pakistani forces is:

Shotokan Karate-Do:
View attachment 189549

Other disciplines:
Kenpo Karate
Judo
Tae Kwon Do
----
Some police units have instructors who use a derivative of Krav Maga.

I can definitively see the elements of judo in the videos posted by Imran.

It is a shame Pakistan has bad relations with the Israelis, krav maga is one of the best styles of fighting. Not to mention realistic, for example brazilian jiu jitsu which involves more ground based fighting and hence is impossible to use in a real scenario unless fighting a single enemy with no other enemies around.

I have been training in Russian Systema for a while now. It is a very intelligently designed system of training, very safe compared to Judo and BJJ, which focuses on core attributes like breathing, quality of movement, good form, and physical relaxation rather than on specific techniques. It is also the only martial art I know which specifically trains one on how to deal with fear and ow to develop mental calmness in difficult situations.
The general approach is similar to Aikido, although Systema focuses heavily on groundwork and ground movement as well.

If I were to get an instructorship in this and move back to Pakistan, would there be interest among Pakistanis in training in this?

It is really different from any other martial art, being more like a science of self-management under stress which also happens to be a martial art. It has had applications in the Russian military.

Alright.
We're an army of buncha holla hoots with sticks and stones.
No need to get annoyed just give me proof. My brother and father both serve in the army and I haven't heard of any kind of hand to hand combat being taught except for boxing.

No need to get annoyed just give me proof. My brother and father both serve in the army and I haven't heard of any kind of hand to hand combat being taught except for boxing.

Theres a high chance the regulars dont get much of the "in depth" hand-to-hand training.
But for special forces and the likes, its a must.

Back
Top Bottom