What's new

Sri Lanka cancels on-arrival visa facility for Pakistanis

As a Pakistani I do take pride in crushing LTTE for good for now. Indian strategy and tactics both failed in Sri Lanka. It is a fact of history. Stop believing India won 1948 and 1965 wars in Indian textbooks. Ask yourself a question? When the 1948 war started 100% of Kashmir was India and after the was 76% was in India and after 1965 only 68% remained with India. You keep believing you won in 1948, 1965 and in Sri Lanka.
Wrong. Kashmir was an independent kingdom when Pakistani Pashtun marauders and tribal lashkars invaded and plundered it. It was after they occupied Kashmir, that the ruler decided to acceded to India, and after that the IA stepped in to prevent the best parts from falling to your tribals.

This needs to be said again and again bro. Great post :-)
He is completely wrong, but yes it needs to be said again and again to soothe Pakistani egos. If you hadn't attacked the independent kingdom of Kashmir, they would have been independent today.

Puerile and speculative BS, as tends to be the case with the "hyper-nationalist" Indian media's reporting on Pakistan.

The only official statement on this refers to Sril Lanka taking the action on the basis of increasing numbers of visitors from Pakistan applying for political asylum on arrival.

The whole "terror" angle is demonstrably BS because if, as alleged, Pakistan was using Sril Lanka as a "launch pad for terrorism in India", then Pakistan (or the organizations involved in perpetrating terror) could just as easily provide legitimate cover for individuals traveling to Sri Lanka and obtain visas for them prior to departure.

This is basically the Indian media and Modi's propaganda team on overdrive concocting claims out of thin air, and a certain class of fools in India are lapping this up like poodles in awe of what the "great Modi JI accomplished in one meeting with the Sri Lankan President".

do you have any other justification of this...? you have supported them during insurgency but what you have got in return ? saying they are political refugee.. like they afford to travel to sri lanka and after getting down apply for aslyum.. doesn't it sound pathetic

do you have any other justification of this...? you have supported them during insurgency but what you have got in return ? saying they are political refugee.. like they afford to travel to sri lanka and after getting down apply for aslyum.. doesn't it sound pathetic
Justification for what? I don't know what is in the minds of people applying for political asylum, and if a significant number of people were abusing the "visa on arrival" facility to apply for political asylum, then the Sri Lankan's are justified in ending that particular facility.

Justification for what? I don't know what is in the minds of people applying for political asylum, and if a significant number of people were abusing the "visa on arrival" facility to apply for political asylum, then the Sri Lankan's are justified in ending that particular facility.

Dude, is Bilal gonna come back too ?

absolutely... we are just exploring some other reasons.

Dude, is Bilal gonna come back too ?
Did he apply for political asylum in Sri Lanka? :D

absolutely... we are just exploring some other reasons.
I understand, but the ToI article is inflammatory to say the least, and the rationale it is providing is (as I pointed out in an earlier post) flawed.

@Gibbs @HeinzG @Azizam - How do you expect me now to drop by from time to time to use my suave & panache to sweet-talk beautiful Sri Lankan ladies ? I know that you guys were always jealous of my ways with the fairer-sex but this is too much ! :angry:

rdj-crying.gif

WTF? :big_boss:

He told investigators, as was reported by TOI, that he was facilitating militants from Maldives who were tasked with attacking American and Israeli consulates in Bangalore and Chennai, critical infrastructure like airports and power plants in Chennai among other targets.

So now Maldivians are also producing religious terrorists. I see. I think it is time we ask Mr. Yameen to rein in his country. Whatever belief it has today, ask him to keep it to himself unless he doesn't want trouble on that little coral state of his.

So now Maldivians are also producing religious terrorists. I see. I think it is time we ask Mr. Yameen to rein in his country. Whatever belief it has today, ask him to keep it to himself unless he doesn't want trouble on that little coral state of his.
Maldives is being flooded by Wahabis recently, unless Mr.Yameen does not stop it, they will have a serious problem like ISIS soon.

Maldives is being flooded by Wahabis recently, unless Mr.Yameen does not stop it, they will have a serious problem like ISIS soon.

They don't have land. If this continues, we will have to deal with them for good. Can't risk kerala which is already mulla run.

Sri Lanka cancels on-arrival visa facility for Pakistanis
By Dawn.com
ISLAMABAD: The Sri Lankan government on Friday cancelled the on-arrival visa facility for Pakistanis, DawnNews reported.

Pakistani citizens intending to travel to Sri Lanka have been advised by the government to apply for a visa before taking a flight.

The decision, which was taken in view of the rising number of political asylum cases in Sri Lanka, was officially communicated to Pakistan’s Foreign ministry.

Sri Lankan daily Ceylon Today reported last week that nearly 1,500 Pakistanis, many of whom are registered with the United Nations refugee agency, UNHCR, have been picked up by the Sri Lankan Department of Immigration and Emigration and the Criminal Investigation Department. According to the newspaper, these people were to be deported because of their alleged involvement in ‘anti-state activities’ in India and Pakistan.

The Foreign Office distanced itself from the reported arrests of registered Pakistani refugees and asylum seekers in Sri Lanka, but aid workers from the island nation have confirmed that Pakistani refugees are being rounded up by the authorities.

Foreign Office spokesperson Tasneem Aslam was unsympathetic to the plight of the detained refugees in Sri Lanka, saying: “These people [asylum seekers] obtained asylum in Sri Lanka by badmouthing Pakistan. If they are in trouble, I have no idea.”

Earlier, Pakistani nationals were granted on-arrival visas in Sri Lanka.

Sri Lanka will soon communicate guidelines to Pakistan's High Commission which will state detailed travel requirements.

This is the real reason. Stop posting propaganda.

@Aeronaut @TaimiKhan @Jungibaaz

They don't have land. If this continues, we will have to deal with them for good. Can't risk kerala which is already mulla run.
i would blame our previous govt for losing control over Maldieves. They handled the whole political crisis pretty badly.. & there by letting unfriendly section take control of that country! We need to reinforce our influence to make sure that the country doesn't go for dogs!

Puerile and speculative BS, as tends to be the case with the "hyper-nationalist" Indian media's reporting on Pakistan.

This is basically the Indian media and Modi's propaganda team on overdrive concocting claims out of thin air, and a certain class of fools in India are lapping this up like poodles in awe of what the "great Modi JI accomplished in one meeting with the Sri Lankan President".

^^^^
This.. :tup:

On arrival visas suspended for others too

Back
Top Bottom