What's new

Sri Lanka willing to assist India combat LTTE threat

LTTE was one of the most dangerous terrorist organisations in the world rather it was on top.

Suicide bombing was invented by LTTE.

As far as no support from anywhere??????????????????? lolzz

you forgot the biggest help and support came from India. Your South Indian politicians were sheltering LTTE terrorists including its leaders.

Even when your army was fighting in SL your army high ups and intelligence was still supporting LTTE.

The money was never a problem for LTTE with diaspora in different western countries sending money and still now it was said they are trying to revive the org

Indian help was only till May 21 1991. After that they were on their own.

Even then India did not intend to start a full-blown conflict, but it went out of hand so they quickly reversed the policy.

Unlike some countries when never learn (;)), India learnt its lesson quickly.

Your South Indian politicians were sheltering LTTE terrorists including its leaders.

They vocally supported,the sheltering part seems way too much,doubt GOI will allow something like that.

Even when your army was fighting in SL your army high ups and intelligence was still supporting LTTE.

That sounds contradictory,you mean RAW was allowing coordinating attacks on the IA?

RAW has/will always remained under civilian control.

Sri Lanka has to fear only itself. If it continues with its discriminatory policies towards the Tamils there is every chance another insurgency may break out.

The ball is in Sinhalese court.

Actually your statement is a veiled threat to Sri Lanka implying just like South Indians consider it their right to threaten and force Sri lanka over Tamils though its their internal matter.

SL is has made progress and they are working on projects for its Tamil population. Rehabilitation is the biggest challenge as Tamils have been used as human shields by LTTE terrorists for long, they have suppressed them badly.

The threat to SL and its project to improve condition of its Tamil population is still from Indian interference.

:)))) count the years when it was started till 1991 even then its a long period of Indian support for terrorism in Sri Lanka.

Some Pakistani members always crying about Indian supported terrorism

Yar just look at your own country first with such a long history of wrong cause then talk to others

Actually your statement is a veiled threat to Sri Lanka implying just like South Indians consider it their right to threaten and force Sri lanka over Tamils though its their internal matter.

It ceases to be an internal matter when hundreds of people daily land in Rameshwaram,Mandapam etc fleeing from Lanka and we are forced to take care of them.

SL is has made progress and they are working on projects for its Tamil population. Rehabilitation is the biggest challenge as Tamils have been used as human shields by LTTE terrorists for long, they have suppressed them badly.

Its good for everybody if the rehabiliation plans that are on paper are implemented on ground.That is
why I said the "ball is in Sinhalese court".

The threat to SL and its project to improve condition of its Tamil population is still from Indian interference.

Lolzzz..More than SL it is India (Congress) that is keen to improve the conditions of the Tamils in Sl because Assembly elections are coming in Tamil Nadu.

Even then India did not intend to start a full-blown conflict, but it went out of hand so they quickly reversed the policy.

Unlike some countries when never learn (;)), India learnt its lesson quickly.

yes you are right as far as going out of the hands part is concerned because when India created LTTE and started this terrorism in Sri Lanka in the name of rights for Tamils, India did not imagine that it will get such strong roots that one day India will fear its own Tamil areas sinking in this ideology.

Besides the strong support from Indian tamil politician it was in itself a threat to Indian integrity in future if LTTE was getting stronger.

:)))) count the years when it was started till 1991 even then its a long period of Indian support for terrorism in Sri Lanka.

Yes we supported them (we did not form them,it was completely indigenous) till 1991 and that too we had vey valid reasons which you wont understand.

But why living in the past when we have fully helped Sri Lanka in their quest to destroy LTTE. Actually no weapons from Pak,China could have made a difference if India had turned a blind eye to the Tigers arms smuggling network though the high seas from Malaysia,Thailand.

SL Navy does not have the capability to operate in high seas and it was the IN that destroyed the smuggling network which lead to a scarcity of arms and ammunition that ultimately led to the defeat of the 'Tigers'.

Last edited:
It ceases to be an internal matter when hundreds of people daily land in Rameshwaram,Mandapam etc fleeing from Lanka and we are forced to take care of them.

This same very excuse was adopted by India for State terrorism in East Pakistan against us. This is lame excuse. You can close your border simple as that.

Its good for everybody if the rehabiliation plans that are on paper are implemented on ground.That is
why I said the "ball is in Sinhalese court".

yes infact this is for all of us like in Maoist areas in India like in Balochistan in Pakistan. so i dont see it as something which we can have much to interfer.

Lolzzz..More than SL it is India (Congress) that is keen to improve the conditions of the Tamils in Sl because Assembly elections are coming in Tamil Nadu.

do you think Congress can grab votes through mere statements to SL on Tamils? i mean the vote bank in TN is strong enough for some other people

This same very excuse was adopted by India for State terrorism in East Pakistan against us. This is lame excuse. You can close your border simple as that.

you can call that by whatever name that pleases you.But with an ever increasing refugee population and ethinic affliation we DO have a special interest in SL affairs and it is there to stay.Period.

yes infact this is for all of us like in Maoist areas in India like in Balochistan in Pakistan. so i dont see it as something which we can have much to interfer.

Actually India is making huge investments in the North and East (Tamil dominated areas) and as such we have to see if that is actually being spent on welfare of the Tamils only.

do you think Congress can grab votes through mere statements to SL on Tamils? i mean the vote bank in TN is strong enough for some other people

Not by mere statements --- but by solid actions on the ground they can counter a feeling that GoI willfully aided the Sri Lankans in their massacre of the Tamils.

@ tallboy123
When did sri lanka defeat India..
He was not talking about Sri Lanka, I think he was talking about LTTE.

Do we call this "turning the tide" embarrassing and defeated india is doing lip service out of desperation in UN for Tamil rights while the LTTE terrorist snaked which nurtured on India soil is ready to bite back!
I don't know, I think you knew this better.
Bye the way this topic is related to India and Sri Lanka. If you would have faced a terrorist organisation like LTTE you would have surrendered your country to them.
Look brother, unless or until you face the same problem then only you should talk. LTTE was the worlds most dangerous terrorist organisation with all 3 wings Naval, Air wing and Army. Its not just this, any army or terrorist organisation is called dangerous only because of its fierce nature of its fighters. They are not like the terrorist which India and Pakistan are facing, they were much dangerous and brutal than Al Qaeda. Al Qaeda is famous because of its anti US nature.
In the world of terrorism, first LTTE and then Chechans, these two are considered to be very dangerous, not these cowards who consider themselves as Islam.

count the years when it was started till 1991 even then its a long period of Indian support for terrorism in Sri Lanka.
Look buddy, atleast you should not talk about things like this. Look if you are saying you also believe that your country should also not do such things, then its fine by me. But I still wants to say India started anti-LTTE operation in 1987 and the second thing which is important was, India started which even you should ask your govt. to do. Stop opting for double policies, protect your own people and live in peace.

Last edited:
This same very excuse was adopted by India for State terrorism in East Pakistan against us. This is lame excuse
Its just that unlike between Indo-Pak border where instead of normal people, terrorist travel, we cannot put fences on all our borders except Indo-Pak.

I think they should not win like this, but wats wrong in doing something good. By the way they are not just giving comments, the plans are seriously implemented and are being watched by even military and navy chief from India.
I think politics based on caste, religion, language etc. does not do good.
But here even playing these cards, larger portion of people will benefit. This will also help in checking rise of LTTE again.

yes you are right as far as going out of the hands part is concerned because when India created LTTE and started this terrorism in Sri Lanka in the name of rights for Tamils, India did not imagine that it will get such strong roots that one day India will fear its own Tamil areas sinking in this ideology.

Besides the strong support from Indian tamil politician it was in itself a threat to Indian integrity in future if LTTE was getting stronger.

Yeah you are right to some extent. But India started to oppose LTTE long back during R. Gandhi govt. It was because because of the great loss of life of innocent people, India thought of having some political solution.

But Prabhakaran was opposed to it and thats why a failed attempt to kill Pabhakaran was carried out.

Look it was not like that Sinhalese were very good to Tamils. There were reports of mass murder in Sri Lanka before LTTE.

No revolution starts without any brutality of one side on another. Although I think the violence should have stopped in the late 80s and early 90s.

So Sri Lanka still fear that India will help resurfacing LTTE?

Dear jana,
It was india's help that Sri lanka was able to get rid of LTTE..
and why did India help?
ans:- India's most powerful woman was made widow by that organisation...
how did India help?
through sale of arms and ammunition... navy patrols so that LTTE gets starved from arms and ammunition...and couldn't escape

can anyone digest..
how could they wipe out it entirely in one blow.
which they were not able to do from decades......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom