What's new

Starving in India: The Forgotten Problem

well Sparky both countries are affected by these evils and we can either fool ourselves like some do on here and forget our own issues and point to the shortcomings of other countries or we can try to address them and try something constructive. Hunger does not pay attention to LOC.

Ok just tell me what am i supposed to say or comment, or like you said address in this thread?

1. Oh its so bad.We are doomed.
  2. Government is bad.
  3. The policy of Government is bad.
  4. I will spend money to feed poor.
  5. Agriculture should be enhanced.
  6. The public supply system should be more systematic.
  7. Remove corruption.
  8. Global warming.
  9. Water issues and low price to farmers.
  10. Fertiliser prices.
  11. Fuel prices affecting farm produce.

Pick any of these and we can talk about it further.

i have yet to see something like that from the concerned "You" or any of the participating members.

Just pick one so that we can have a conversation.:tup:

I think our issues are more of political impottent leaders & beuracracy and the selfishness of the educated and privelaged, We talk & spent more on defense and less on the betterment of the society

I think our issues are more of political impottent leaders & beuracracy and the selfishness of the educated and privelaged, We talk & spent more on defense and less on the betterment of the society

Total funds for the department of agriculture have gone up to Rs 20,208 crore in 2012-13 from Rs 17,123 crore last year, up 18%.

As it takes farmers to grow food, but scientists to show them how, the new budget has set aside Rs 200 crore for boosting research in the field of agricultural technology.

Kisan credit cards for farmers are being upgraded to smart cards that can be used in ATMs.

Lesson: Learn from China. They began with reforms in agriculture, not industry.

Ok just tell me what am i supposed to say or comment, or like you said address in this thread?

1. Oh its so bad.We are doomed.
  2. Government is bad.
  3. The policy of Government is bad.
  4. I will spend money to feed poor.
  5. Agriculture should be enhanced.
  6. The public supply system should be more systematic.
  7. Remove corruption.
  8. Global warming.
  9. Water issues and low price to farmers.
  10. Fertiliser prices.
  11. Fuel prices affecting farm produce.

Pick any of these and we can talk about it further.

i have yet to see something like that from the concerned "You" or any of the participating members.

Just pick one so that we can have a conversation.:tup:

You are right Sparky sometimes it is so difficult to know where to start. I think it has to be governance first. Cos if we can see these issues why cant they. We need our leaders to concentrate on education and feeding our populations. Maybe take a more serious look at the Chinese. They are humans too not Gods and they seem to be making strides that I would like to see reflected in Pakistan and India. Oh mate don't give me this democracy rubbish I would rather have no vote but no hunger and strides to educate our respective peoples

India needs a one child policy .

It may seem tempting, but based on our current fertility rate which is 2.66 for 2009 is good enough.

If we continue the current rate of decline by 2015 we can achive 2.1 fertility rate which is the essential fertility rate for the young population to replace the old population.

thanks to everyone who is concerned abt poverty in india. india doing its best to provide food to everyone. Right now india is spending 18 Bn$ on food subsidy & this year after introduction of Food security bill the spending will reach 25 Bn$. india is doing everything possible but i haven't heard anything like this from other poverty struck countries.

You are right Sparky sometimes it is so difficult to know where to start. I think it has to be governance first. Cos if we can see these issues why cant they. We need our leaders to concentrate on education and feeding our populations. Maybe take a more serious look at the Chinese. They are humans too not Gods and they seem to be making strides that I would like to see reflected in Pakistan and India. Oh mate don't give me this democracy rubbish I would rather have no vote but no hunger and strides to educate our respective peoples

The discussion between you and me or anybody inside defence.pk wont make any change in Government policy or it doesnt change the public ration system overnight since no govt officials are part of this forum or take this medium as an advisory platform for its policies.

As i have said earlier most of the members here are well within the luxury of having everything at their disposal and are educated.

The only hope we have is that some member get inspired by a thread in defece.pk and in future becomes the Food Minister sometime and eradicate the issue based on the discussions and recommendations made by members like Aryan , Spark or any other.

Until then these threads are just self satisfactory for a egoistic youth who has lot of time to spend in their precious life on " showing concern " of others as if their world revolves around it.

Bro do you have any stats to prove that?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom