What's new

Stop violence against Christians in Karnataka

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Catholic Christian from Mangalore. Born and brought up there. Lived there for 25years of my life. I nor any one in my family or any of the fellow Catholics I know has faced any hate crime or discriminated against due to religion. In fact there are a few radical Christian sects who have recently started operations in the region, who are creating communal problems not only for non-Christians, but even for Catholic Christians, who have been living there in peace with other communities for many centuries. These new radical christian sects are mostly funded from foreign countries and they are run like multi-national companies. The more the members they get, the more the funds they can get.

I honestly hope the main stream Catholic bodies can somehow rein in these fringe groups which cause hate and give rise to the fringe groups on other side thus vitiating the communal harmony.

The local leaders of both Hindus and Christians should meet and sort out the issues to finish off the radicals and thanks for your perspective.

I wonder what part Sonia plays, regarding Catholicism in India.

So they were persecuted and attacked for exercising their freedom of speech? Who are the extremists again?

Freedom of speech does NOT entail denigrating a religion as pagan or satanic cult and publishing and distributing materials denigrating their faith.

Hey canuck, dont poke your nose in affairs you dont know the ABCD of.

Thanks KS, I won't be surprised if these ''fringe groups'' are also funded by some foreign country. These intolerant supremacist idiots can not live in harmony and won't let others live in harmony, and yes, no matter if they have ruled you for centuries and destroyed your temples and slaughtered you by the millions and burned you at the stake, these poor souls always remain the persecuted little kittens that they are

If you see the definition of secularism in wiki there will be two definitions - one the standard secularism and another Indian version of secularism. Even wiki has not spared us :D

I'm a Catholic Christian from Mangalore. Born and brought up there. Lived there for 25years of my life. I nor any one in my family or any of the fellow Catholics I know has faced any hate crime or discriminated against due to religion. In fact there are a few radical Christian sects who have recently started operations in the region, who are creating communal problems not only for non-Christians, but even for Catholic Christians, who have been living there in peace with other communities for many centuries. These new radical christian sects are mostly funded from foreign countries and they are run like multi-national companies. The more the members they get, the more the funds they can get.

Thanks, my anglo Indian christian friend from orissa says the same, he not only hates these new breed of intolerant idiots, thanks to them he's become an atheist.

Foreign funds and links to these organisations and pakistani influenced orgs like deendar e anjuman etc should be investigated and controlled. These supremacists shedding crocodile tears here only want to see discord mayhem and bloodshed in India, its in their upbringing.

In the past Pakistani based groups have tried to create trouble between hindus and christians in south India, that angle should be investigated too. While the hindu terrorists are bad enough, and the christian missionaries provocative and ''always persecuted'' enough, the muslim variety have an entire deep state dedicated to them.

INDIA Christians Welcome Guilty Verdicts In Church Blast Cases But Oppose Death Sentences |

Hahaha wtf and then these bhartis call us conspiracy theorists.

I honestly hope the main stream Catholic bodies can somehow rein in these fringe groups which cause hate and give rise to the fringe groups on other side thus vitiating the communal harmony.

The local leaders of both Hindus and Christians should meet and sort out the issues to finish off the radicals and thanks for your perspective.

Thats what the Catholic community is trying to do. But on the flip side, there are also the radical hindu groups like Rama sane rowdies, Bajrang Dal thugs, RSS goons etc. who are just waiting for such an excuse to make a scapegoat of the Catholic community. The Catholic community is one of the most vibrant communities in Coastal Karnataka region running the best schools, colleges, hospitals and other institutions. The Mangalorean Catholic diaspora is also very widespread and vibrant. We always have to be on the razors edge to not give any opportunity or excuse for the sang parivars henchmen to hurt us, since they are always on lookout to bring the catholics down a notch or two. Fortunately, the Hindu radicals are in a minority and the catholic community enjoys a lot of goodwill and respect from all the communities be it Hindus or Muslims.

Thanks, my anglo Indian christian friend from orissa says the same, he not only hates these new breed of intolerant idiots, thanks to them he's become an atheist.

Foreign funds and links to these organisations and pakistani influenced orgs like deendar e anjuman etc should be investigated and controlled. These supremacists shedding crocodile tears here only want to see discord mayhem and bloodshed in India, its in their upbringing.

What is a Pakistani influenced organization?

Anglo Indians are the coolest as a community man.

My place has a significant grouping of AIs. Infact I did y schooling in one of theirs and I can confidently say they are THE most liberal when it comes to religion and one of THE best when it comes to respecting local cultures.

Infact even though most of them have an open visa to UK or Australia or NZ or Canada many choose to stay back just because they have come to love this land and cannot think of any other as their home country.

My only grouse is the Govt is not doing enough in the form of incentives for them to stay on...If we lose them , I am sure we have lost one of the best communities in India..

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Thats what the Catholic community is trying to do. But on the flip side, there are also the radical hindu groups like Rama sane rowdies, Bajrang Dal thugs, RSS goons etc. who are just waiting for such an excuse to make a scapegoat of the Catholic community. The Catholic community is one of the most vibrant communities in Coastal Karnataka region running the best schools, colleges, hospitals and other institutions. The Mangalorean Catholic diaspora is also very widespread and vibrant. We always have to be on the razors edge to not give any opportunity or excuse for the sang parivars henchmen to hurt us, since they are always on lookout to bring the catholics down a notch or two. Fortunately, the Hindu radicals are in a minority and the catholic community enjoys a lot of goodwill and respect from all the communities be it Hindus or Muslims.

Well said...

Even that article (BIRD) had detailed how Catholics are being mistaken for the fringe extremist evangelical groups and are attacked by the locals who vent their ire upon them..

Freedom of speech does NOT entail denigrating a religion as pagan or satanic cult and publishing and distributing materials denigrating their faith.

Hey canuck, dont poke your nose in affairs you dont know the ABCD of.

You're right, I'm expecting too much of India. In Canada we don't attack people that come to our doors and tell us we'll go to hell if we don't worship their god, because we are civilized.

Ah I see, you're equating Neo Nazis with these Hindus. Good observation.

So arent the Neo-Nazis, Canadians?

Just shut up, clean your own house and then lecture others..

A nation that was built on genocide of locals talking about civilized..Oh my, what has the world come to ? All those native Indians will be turning and spitting in their graves..

The Afghan Taliban is an Afghan phenomena, it was created & 'brought up' in Afghanistan, not Afghan. Hence the name Afghan Taliban.

And by that very typically silly and shallow logic Jaish E mohammed is a terrorist organisation created by your prophet, because it carries the name? I think not, it is as pakistani as ISI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom