What's new

Strongest Empires by timeline

Yah, I know they are ancestors of Arab Iraqis.

Ayatollah Seyed Ali Hosseini Khamenei: oops... Arab names?

I am sure this is a Persian dress::rofl:
f1c998215be29bc14cb4162d83429f53_lm.jpg
well dear black eagle I didn't want to but you let no other choice for me about the article that made you mad
all what mentioned about Calendar and astronomy and calligraphy were Iranian doing and maragha were
the place Iranian used for astrological studies .also half of what is said about architecture were Iranian doing
and the other half was Turks only a small part was Arabs . also if you search other scientist you'll see that the
majority of the remaining scientist were Spanish and European only small amount were original Arabs
also I hope this chart will show you in doing argument were are you ,maybe it help you to improve yourself
Graham%27s_Hierarchy_of_Disagreement.svg

well the article above mentioned Ibn-e-Sina ,Al-Biruni ,Al-Razi ,Al-Khwarizmi ,al-Farghani ,Al-Fazari , al-Maglusi ,Musa ibn Shakir , Al-Haytham ,Nizami ,Omar Khayyam ,al-Farabi

I don't get how the writer of that article considered all of those people as Arab . it's like you consider all the people who write articles and books in English or their books are translated to English as US or Englishman .
about under Arab rule you must know that Iran only was under Arab Rule in Ummayed dynasty and in Abbaside and Ummayed era it was Iranian ministers who run the country about scientist flourishing under Arab before Arab we Had Gundeshapur university before Islam which was the center of education in the world but we don't know the name of the scientist because Arab destroyed and burned all the books and documents after conquering Iran so don't talk about flourishing to me.

and who gave you the impression that Iranian dress like Arabs as I knew trousers are Iranian invention otherwise you wore skirt instead :lol:
Yah, they were flourished under Persian rule and thats why their full names are Arabic. :no:

Yah, they were flourished under Persian rule and thats why their full names are Arabic. :no:

Yah, they were flourished under Persian rule and that's why their full names are Arabic. :no:
what's the point of name ,you want to say the Chinese and Japanese who have European names are European
and the Indians who have Persian or Arabic name are Persians or Arabs ?
what's important is the depth of the culture , difference between Iranian and for example
the people of Jordan is that non of them were Arab to begin with but after Arabs invasion
one groups become Arabs and another Group remain Iranian and come to the place that
whenever they liked changed the Abbasid and Ommayed Califs .

well dear black eagle I didn't want to but you let no other choice for me about the article that made you mad
all what mentioned about Calendar and astronomy and calligraphy were Iranian doing and maragha were
the place Iranian used for astrological studies .also half of what is said about architecture were Iranian doing
and the other half was Turks only a small part was Arabs
. also if you search other scientist you'll see that the
majority of the remaining scientist were Spanish and European only small amount were original Arabs
also I hope this chart will show you in doing argument were are you ,maybe it help you to improve yourself
Graham%27s_Hierarchy_of_Disagreement.svg
Oh yah live that dream:rofl:. I will not report you just to keep clarifying things to you. Few Persians are just ungrateful to whom plucked them out of stench clutches of fire worshiping:flame:. sad :(

Where the ruins of this great empire?
I can not see a trace!
Obtained lands by the looting culture not a civilisation or empire!

shows you have no idea what the mongols were, I think you need to go educate yourself before you speak and look stupid.

what's the point of name ,you want to say the Chinese and Japanese who have European names are European
and the Indians who have Persian or Arabic name are Persians or Arabs ?
what's important is the depth of the culture , difference between Iranian and for example
the people of Jordan is that non of them were Arab to begin with but after Arabs invasion
one groups become Arabs and another Group remain Iranian and come to the place that
whenever they liked changed the Abbasid and Ommayed Califs .
Arabic names prove Arab great influence on other nations and cultures. You just don't talk about Jordan plz, that makes your ignorance even more ridiculous. I am proud to be an Arab.:police:

Why not, Pakistani are great people.:pakistan:

Thank you, brother! :D

LOL! We barely manage to control our own people :woot: ..the world Im-pos-sible :lol:

Yep, maybe Pakistan will come to real sense in hundred years later in unity, discipline and vision. We need to act together something to make a great country ( and use many resources availables).

I never seen so many historical faults in one topic. Beside that, we can name all the empires who where the strongest in their time, but I don't find that interesting. What is interesting is which empires where a 'hyperpower'. A hyperpower is 'a state that dominates all other states in every sphere of activity. A hyperpower is traditionally considered to be one step higher than a superpower.' Amy Chua wrote a book about the world's hyperpowers and according to her, only 7 empires in the world's history were true hyperpowers. According to Chua the 7 hyperpowers were: Persian empire, Roman empire, Chinese empire, the Mongols, the Dutch, the British and the United States.

Here is what Bernard Lewis, a British authority on middle east history, said about so-called armenian genocide:

Well, if you like to quote Bernard Lewis, I have another great quote of him:

''Iran was indeed Islamized, but it was not Arabized. Persians remained Persians. And after an interval of silence, Iran reemerged as a separate, different and distinctive element within Islam, eventually adding a new element even to Islam itself. Culturally, politically, and most remarkable of all even religiously, the Iranian contribution to this new Islamic civilization is of immense importance. The work of Iranians can be seen in every field of cultural endeavor, including Arabic poetry, to which poets of Iranian origin composing their poems in Arabic made a very significant contribution. In a sense, Iranian Islam is a second advent of Islam itself, a new Islam sometimes referred to as Islam-i Ajam. It was this Persian Islam, rather than the original Arab Islam, that was brought to new areas and new peoples: to the Turks, first in Central Asia and then in the Middle East in the country which came to be called Turkey, and of course to India. The Ottoman Turks brought a form of Iranian civilization to the walls of Vienna..."

^ This is also for Blackeagle who in all his ignorance think Iranians were Arabized.

Few Persians are just ungrateful to whom plucked them out of stench clutches of fire worshiping:flame:. sad :(

How strange that you manage to handle a computer and speak English, while you are as ignorant as any desert roaming Arab! While we laid the foundations of philanthropy and righteousness and kindness in this world and held high the ensign of "Good Thoughts, Good Words and Good Deeds", you and your ancestors were desert wanderers who ate snakes and lizards and buried your innocent daughters alive.

I saw somebody else posting a article about Arab science, while the article funny enough listed almost only Persian scientist. The real contribution on Islamic science came from the Persians, and not from the Arabs. Let me quote the Arab Ibn Khaldun:

''Thus the founders of grammar were Sibawaih and after him, al-Farisi and Az-Zajjaj. All of them were of Persian descent…they invented rules of (Arabic) grammar…great jurists were Persians… only the Persians engaged in the task of preserving knowledge and writing systematic scholarly works. Thus the truth of the statement of the prophet becomes apparent, 'If learning were suspended in the highest parts of heaven the Persians would attain it"…The intellectual sciences were also the preserve of the Persians, left alone by the Arabs, who did not cultivate them…as was the case with all crafts…This situation continued in the cities as long as the Persians and Persian countries, Iraq, Khorasan and Transoxiana (modern Central Asia), retained their sedentary culture.''

''The Arabs dominate only of the plains, because they are, by their savage nature, people of pillage and corruption. They pillage everything that they can take without fighting or taking risks, then flee to their refuge in the wilderness, and do not stand and do battle unless in self-defense. So when they encounter any difficulty or obstacle, they leave it alone and look for easier prey. And tribes well-fortified against them on the slopes of the hills escape their corruption and destruction, because they prefer not to climb hills, nor expend effort, nor take risks.''

Joseph. A. Schumpeter:

''Persian-speaking Iranians made great contributions in the formation of Islamic intellectual history. A great portion (and most of the best) of medieval Muslim philosophers, physicians, ethicists, scientists, Islamic jurists, historians, and geographers were Persian-speaking Iranians. [....] A great many medieval islamic contributions to economic analysis, I will argue, were made by Persian-speaking Iranians writers: philosophers, ethicist, scientists, theologians and the writers of ''mirror of princes.''

Shia empires were a menace to Islamic influence. Shia empires of Nader shah and others attacked Moghul and Ottoman empire when all of them were Muslims. This greatly weakened Moghul and Ottoman empires which led to their downfall.

I never seen so many historical faults in one topic. Beside that, we can name all the empires who where the strongest in their time, but I don't find that interesting. What is interesting is which empires where a 'hyperpower'. A hyperpower is 'a state that dominates all other states in every sphere of activity. A hyperpower is traditionally considered to be one step higher than a superpower.' Amy Chua wrote a book about the world's hyperpowers and according to her, only 7 empires in the world's history were true hyperpowers. According to Chua the 7 hyperpowers were: Persian empire, Roman empire, Chinese empire, the Mongols, the Dutch, the British and the United States.

Well, if you like to quote Bernard Lewis, I have another great quote of him:

^ This is also for Blackeagle who in all his ignorance think Iranians were Arabized.

How strange that you manage to handle a computer and speak English, while you are as ignorant as any desert roaming Arab! While we laid the foundations of philanthropy and righteousness and kindness in this world and held high the ensign of "Good Thoughts, Good Words and Good Deeds", you and your ancestors were desert wanderers who ate snakes and lizards and buried your innocent daughters alive.

I saw somebody else posting a article about Arab science, while the article funny enough listed almost only Persian scientist. The real contribution on Islamic science came from the Persians, and not from the Arabs. Let me quote the Arab Ibn Khaldun:

Joseph. A. Schumpeter:

why quote Amy Chau? She special or something? Just a Filipino with a typical non-science/math/engineering degree that got where she is from kissing up to the oligarchs.

why quote Amy Chau? She special or something? Just a Filipino with a typical non-science/math/engineering degree that got where she is from kissing up to the oligarchs.

Atleast she gives argumentations for her theory, unlike you who only can attack her on her ethnicity and other non-argumentated nonsense. She is a professor of a well-respected university and she have reached more in her life than you ever will.

Atleast she gives argumentations for her theory, unlike you who only can attack her on her ethnicity and other non-argumentated nonsense. She is a professor of a well-respected university and she have reached more in her life than you ever will.
Oh! is that right?
She must be a "hyperidiot" then. To identify Persia as a hyper-power, while Empires such as Omayyad and Abassied, that turned conquered nations and cultures religions, languages, way of life, and every single aspect of their lives upside down, as superpower.is just sooo funny...
images

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom