What's new

Stupid and funny from all over the world - II

Status
Not open for further replies.
562317_564184653613722_1234304795_n.jpg

Admit it you don't have to blow yourself up for under mention reason.....

Devadasi literally means God’s (Dev) female servant (Dasi), where according to the ancient Indian practice, young pre-pubertal girls are ‘married off’, ‘given away’ in matrimony to God or Local religious deity of the temple. These girls are not allowed to marry, as they were supposedly married to the temple. She ‘serves’ the priests and inmates of the temple, and the Zamindars (local land lords) and other men of money and power, in the town and village. The ‘service’ (read sexual satisfaction) given to these men is considered akin to service of God. The Devadasi is dedicated to the service of the temple Deity for life and there is no escape for her. If she wants to escape, the society will not accept her.

Devadasi System in Indian Temples | Sikh Spectrum

Devadasi literally means God’s (Dev) female servant (Dasi), where according to the ancient Indian practice, young pre-pubertal girls are ‘married off’, ‘given away’ in matrimony to God or Local religious deity of the temple. These girls are not allowed to marry, as they were supposedly married to the temple. She ‘serves’ the priests and inmates of the temple, and the Zamindars (local land lords) and other men of money and power, in the town and village. The ‘service’ (read sexual satisfaction) given to these men is considered akin to service of God. The Devadasi is dedicated to the service of the temple Deity for life and there is no escape for her. If she wants to escape, the society will not accept her.

word....I was like during this break I will get my essay done....

I have 10 mins left and all I have done is go on fb and then here....but its okay though cuz I have a dream :P :omghaha:

You mad bro? I only do pictures in this thread, text is too long to read :P

You mad bro? I only do pictures in this thread, text is too long to read :P

Y should I be mad dear....???

you do not read therefore you don't know about your religion.....:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom