What's new

Suicide missile jets

zebpack

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hi guys ,
This is my first post in this forum and I am not sure whether this is the right place to post it but anyways I will post it here to get feedback.

I was reading an article on a newspaper about how suicide bombing was invented by Muslims and I was thinking that we can utilize the same concept to create suicidal low cast fighter jet missiles.Something that no one has ever thought of before . Instead of spending millions on dollars on expensive fighter jets , have an unmanned stealth missile roaming around in the sky and controlled from some remote base and when it finds an enemy fighter jet in the range , the remote person just triggers the launch mechanism just like firing from a regular jet and the jet-missile uses heat seeking to hit the enemy jet . The real advantage here would be that they would be really low cost and thus the cost of shooting a jet like Su-30 MKI or similar would be justified .

Don't know if this is technologically feasible concept but just wanted to throw it to get interesting feedback

Zeb

Welcome zeb..
how long would it roam lol how big would it be lol..there are many projects that are merely on the papers had it been feasible US would have gone for it...u know mother of all evil technologies comes from US..but never the less Pakistan has got great talent and know how we are short of funds..
you might be referring to a some sort of stealth small craft roaming over in one's own airspace when enemy enters the airspace it detects and destroys not a sci-fi stuff but interesting with coordination from AWACS and its own radar..

Last edited:
Instead of spending millions on dollars on expensive fighter jets , have an unmanned stealth missile roaming around in the sky and controlled from some remote base and when it finds an enemy fighter jet in the range , the remote person just triggers the launch mechanism just like firing from a regular jet and the jet-missile uses heat seeking to hit the enemy jet . The real advantage here would be that they would be really low cost and thus the cost of shooting a jet like Su-30 MKI or similar would be justified .

Zeb

Welcome to the forum.

It's called an Air-defence network. It's used by almost every country in the world. In Pakistan, it includes surface-to-air missiles along with 23/33, 30, 36, 37, and 57 mm Anti Aircraft guns. What you're talking about isn't practical. Drones on the other hand equipped with A2A missiles makes more sense. But a missile flying in air looking for targets? We might have to upgrade our IL-78's to refuel them in mid-air lol.

Welcome to the forum.

It's called an Air-defence network. It's used by almost every country in the world. In Pakistan, it includes surface-to-air missiles along with 23/33, 30, 36, 37, and 57 mm Anti Aircraft guns. What you're talking about isn't practical. Drones on the other hand equipped with A2A missiles makes more sense. But a missile flying in air looking for targets? We might have to upgrade our IL-78's to refuel them in mid-air lol.

Well an air defense system is confined to airspace of the country itself but here these missile jets can go into enemy airspace also . While I know that there is not enough technological advancement to make such concept feasible , my argument broadly refers to the manned planes becoming more of a burden meaning that putting a man in air and then using stealth technologies to hide the man and machine seems stupid.It would be much easier to incorporate stealth into an unmanned plane .
Regarding refueling , I am not necessarily suggesting that these missile-jets roam in air all time but rather be deployed in air from a regular aircraft at the time of conflict so they can advance into enemy airspace and perform their suicidal duties :flame: . Similar to the concept of Babur cruise missile but but having the capability of hitting an aerial target when triggered . A few thousand such missile-jets can provide aerial dominance easily.
Again just a crazy thought that I wanted to roam around
Zeb

Suicide bombing,as we know it today came into practice after LTTE showed it to people. Suicide tactics are age old. But todays suicide bombings are most deadly among all. Only recently Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan bettered Sri Lanka in suicide attacks.

Suicide bombing,as we know it today came into practice after LTTE showed it to people. Suicide tactics are age old. But todays suicide bombings are most deadly among all. Only recently Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan bettered Sri Lanka in suicide attacks.

Nobody's talking about the modern day suicide tactics here. The OP read some false information somewhere that Suicide attacks were created by Muslims which is false. Please refer to my previous post.

Back to the topic please.

so taleban have the - fifth generation - sucide bombers ?
---------------
as for zebpack brother its a common phenomenon most ocuntry protect themself - with such shiels and a notch ahead- missile sheild is just what you might be talking about.
and ucav drone -are common -aircraft for the one you were talkign about - developed by american and many other country have in process.
and welcome to forum

@zeb
thng is tht another version of wat u suggestd is tht fully autonomous UCAV's cud be placed near the borders armd with air to air missiles....they wud be activated during a war........and cud be launched like missiles to reduce engagement time......

UAV armed with air to air missiles are almost the same thing
- being controlled from ground
- can look around for enemy planes
- can stay in air for longer periods
one thing that lags is Suicide!! and that is not that important i guess! lolzz!!

Sorry this is not a suicidal attack thread but i just want to let you guys know this...
Crusaders + Night Templars = Suicidal fanatics brained washed to Kill no matter what who ever they see (exactly like taliban) also during the The dark period of medieval times was the period of the highest point of terrorism and terror. Violence flourishing the institute that spread the violence manifestations was the Christianity church...however the churches of today are powerless the power is with pope family etc etc So suicidal attacks were invented by the fanatics medievalians to gain their objectives and put terror in the hearts of populations..Muslims did not not invent suicidal attacks Muslims invented modern legitimate weapons of war:)

Coming back to something that hovers in airspace ready to get suicidal lol its more expensive than maintaining a fighter jet then you'll have to go again and again make hundreds of these crafts or rockets or missiles lol.. I already explained something that closely resembles a UAV which is stealth and has a long range radar atleast to see though in its own airspace controlled from ground/AWACS as soon as it detects enemy in its airspace without being detected first shooting it down is feasible but highly expensive..

Last edited:
Thanks guys for your response . From your opinion I think UCAV are the closest that we have right now and that seems fair enough . My concern is about the cost about developing them because I am a big believer in quantity rather than quality. So may be the term suicide for the concept may not be the appropriate one , rather calling them intelligent missiles might seem appropriate.

The core concept behind this idea was low cost and no worry about returning back . so a missile with just radar detection and some sort of aerial control / fire trigger mechanism . But anyways I think I got the idea . Thanks again.

we currently do not operate any UCAV,

Pakistan is making indegenious UAVs but there are no UCAV, hope we will see one soon when the economic problem are a bit sort out!

UCAV are of great importance for us keeping in mind the terrain of our border area specially the one with afghanistan!

Back
Top Bottom