What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

What changes do you have in mind?

From top of my head,
Increase use of composites,control/mission computer,softwares,mainly codes,cockpit LCD display screen,integration of avionics bought from France and Israel,modified to operate in high altitude,integration of Astra BVR and Brahmos.
Love to get your thoughts on it!!

From top of my head,
Increase use of composites,control/mission computer,softwares,mainly codes,cockpit LCD display screen,integration of avionics bought from France and Israel,modified to operate in high altitude,integration of Astra BVR and Brahmos.
1+.
BTW,I thought you would mention changes in intakes,belly,nozzles.

From top of my head,

Except brahmos, all the above mentioned changes by you are going to be done in FGFA. and i cant understand about which code change you are speaking. if it is AESA radar code,then most probably it will be same but mission computers and data exchange codes are always differs between every force.
Indo-Russian+Fifth+generation+fighter+crosses+milestone+2.jpg

@S-DUCT
1+.
BTW,I thought you would mention changes in intakes,belly,nozzles.

:)
Am i missing anything else bro

Except brahmos, all the above mentioned changes by you are going to be done in FGFA. and i cant understand about which code change you are speaking. if it is AESA radar code,then most probably it will be same but mission computers and data exchange codes are always differs between every force.

Source codes!! @selvan33
Is there any picture with 3d nozzles for FGFA?
Dying to see those!

Last edited by a moderator:
THAT IS ONE SEXY BEAST :smitten::smitten::smitten:
@selvan33
Bro,i meant the stealthy nozzles like F-22

@<u><a href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=143507" target="_blank">selvan33</a></u>
PAK-FA in current form is incomplete,I mean fully developed PAK-FA will have 5th gen. engine called Type "30".Flight tests of this engine will occur in 2015.Its similar to "ADVENT" ,the next gen. core by GE.

@selvan33

we have to compromise on maneuverability if the nozzles are designed similar to f22.i dont think it has thrust vectoring.correct me if i'm wrong @sancho

PAKFA will be the first 5th gen. jet with full 3d Thrust vectoring :smitten::victory::victory:

we have to compromise on maneuverability if the nozzles are designed similar to f22.i dont think it has thrust vectoring.correct me if i'm wrong @sancho

PAKFA will be the first 5th gen. jet with full 3d Thrust vectoring :smitten::victory::victory:

From top of my head,

I see, just like S-Duct I thought you mean other external changes, but yes those things you meantioned will be available in the final version for sure.
Wrt radar and mission computers, you might find this report interesting:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-updates-news-discussions-85.html#post4075933

No, TVC will come for sure, however the F22 has just normal 2D TVNs, while the Russians prefer 2.5 and 3D options, so it will be interesting to see if they compromise to the normal 2D version for lower signatures or not.
In terms of maneuverability and flight performance, Pak Fa / FGFA might be the new benchmark if this fighter generation.

I see, just like S-Duct I thought you mean other external changes, but yes those things you meantioned will be available in the final version for sure.
Wrt radar and mission computers, you might find this report interesting:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-updates-news-discussions-85.html#post4075933

No, TVC will come for sure, however the F22 has just normal 2D TVNs, while the Russians prefer 2.5 and 3D options, so it will be interesting to see if they compromise to the normal 2D version for lower signatures or not.
In terms of maneuverability and flight performance, Pak Fa / FGFA might be the new benchmark if this fighter generation.

i found an interesting report regarding t-50.it says that tough its rcs is a bit higher compared to f22 all the other parameters are superior to t-50 than f-35

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/11/russia-stealth/
A Preliminary Assessment of Specular Radar Cross Section Performance in the Sukhoi T-50 Prototype

heres from the same link
"Moreover, the T-50 will dodge certain radars better than others, according to Kopp &#8212; and U.S. sensors are among the worst at detecting the T-50&#8242;s unique shape, he contends. Kopp&#8217;s breakdown of T-50 RCS by radar type shows Chinese &#8220;counter-VLO radars,&#8221; specifically designed to spot American stealth planes, detecting the T-50 best.

@sancho the most interesting thing is they compared rcs of t-50 with j20

i found an interesting report regarding t-50.it says that tough its rcs is a bit higher compared to f22 all the other parameters are superior to t-50 than f-35

Russia's Stealth Fighter Could Match U.S. Jets, Analyst Says | Danger Room | Wired.com
A Preliminary Assessment of Specular Radar Cross Section Performance in the Sukhoi T-50 Prototype

heres from the same link
"Moreover, the T-50 will dodge certain radars better than others, according to Kopp — and U.S. sensors are among the worst at detecting the T-50&#8242;s unique shape, he contends. Kopp’s breakdown of T-50 RCS by radar type shows Chinese “counter-VLO radars,” specifically designed to spot American stealth planes, detecting the T-50 best.

@sancho:
what's the meaning of that bolded part or it's just baised kopp's assessment.

@sancho:
what's the meaning of that bolded part or it's just baised kopp's assessment.

dont think so..t-50 is designed to evade certain frequency of radars.if u look at the second link u'll find all the experimental observations including frequencies and angles.i dont say that its 100% accurate but there must be some credibility..and the good news is they analized just 1st prototype so the actual t-50 would be much better.and fgfa would be further more..it estimated rcs to be -30dbsm i.e about 0.001m2

Back
Top Bottom