What's new

Sun on shoulders, Wind in Hair

muse

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Friends:

A meeting of great significance has recently taken place in California between the Chinese and US President - It was observed that China sought a "new kind of relationship with the US" while "America launched its policy of a "pivot to Asia" - actually a "pivot to China" - which by all practical accounts encouraged many of China's neighbors to express their tensions with Beijing (or if you wish, to not back down to Beijing's encroaching presence), and thus making the international atmosphere around the growing giant almost suffocating."

By many standards, especially financial, US policy appears to placed China in a very difficult position -
The pose of this thread is to seek answer to the following question:

"What is the single most important foreign policy challenge for China and how may it resolve this challenge to emerge preeminent, while winning away adversaries and turning them into partners who understand that their future, their prosperity depends on ensuring peace and denying international adventurism the opportunity to create mischief?"

"
America launched its policy of a "pivot to Asia" - actually a "pivot to China" - which by all practical accounts encouraged many of China's neighbors to express their tensions with Beijing (or if you wish, to not back down to Beijing's encroaching presence), and thus making the international atmosphere around the growing giant almost suffocating."

How was this made possible?

We asked what the greatest foreign policy challenge to China was - -- is it Military power of the US and the West? is it the resurgence of hegemonic Japan? OR is it the DOLLAR?

"
How was this made possible?

We asked what the greatest foreign policy challenge to China was - -- is it Military power of the US and the West? is it the resurgence of hegemonic Japan? OR is it the DOLLAR?

About the Japan i called it's some hate feelings from the depth of ppl's heart, "Revenge" it is after Japan brought great pains to China in WWII. The Chinese lives didn't lost meaningless they should pay for their faults. Anyway last hundred years of history between mainland China and Japan islands, there's no any PEACE Time.

About the America, currently they'r N.o1 Empire in today world and China just following behind U.S. U.S is a great, powerful and successful big country. I think China is a competitor to U.S, of course if China wanna overtake U.S back to World N.o1 we have to challenge U.S's interests not by War (War will hurt both of two country and make other third country get benefits.)

Chinese ppl admire the Strong, U.S have wined respects from most Chinese ppl here. Also we hate ingrates, specially those one who ever got helps from China then turn round to attack our lands and kill our ppl.

The greatest foreign policy challenge to China is still the United State, focus on high-tech and the exchange rate between YUAN and US dollar vacillates. It's simple the key target for today China is developing our domestic economy and expand exports, the country who blocking China target is the one challenge China's interests.

20130610062317310.jpg

MAIN201306090420000038401573611.jpg

MAIN201306090423000252956997766.jpg

MAIN201306090423000363365070570.jpg

MAIN201306090425000200431122986.jpg

MAIN201306090426000188993800525.jpg

155023699.jpg

The greatest foreign policy challenge to China is still the United State, focus on high-tech and the exchange rate between YUAN and US dollar vacillates. It's simple the key target for today China is developing our domestic economy and expand exports, the country who blocking China target is the one challenge China's interests.

MAIN201306100424000237430958822.jpg

Why is the US the great challenge? You said the Chinese respect the "Strong", Do the Chinese respect the US? if yes, then what makes the US strong?

Can the Yuan/Renminbi be the medium of international exchange? Can and OUGHT there be two or more international "hard currencies"? If yes, How is this to be achieved? Will the US be amenable to such a thing??

About the Japan i called it's some hate feelings from the depth of ppl's heart, "Revenge" it is after Japan brought great pains to China in WWII. The Chinese lives didn't lost meaningless they should pay for their faults. Anyway last hundred years of history between mainland China and Japan islands, there's no any PEACE Time.

About the America, currently they'r N.o1 Empire in today world and China just following behind U.S. U.S is a great, powerful and successful big country. I think China is a competitor to U.S, of course if China wanna overtake U.S back to World N.o1 we have to challenge U.S's interests not by War (War will hurt both of two country and make other third country get benefits.)

Chinese ppl admire the Strong, U.S have wined respects from most Chinese ppl here. Also we hate ingrates, specially those one who ever got helps from China then turn round to attack our lands and kill our ppl.

20130610062317310.jpg

MAIN201306090420000038401573611.jpg

MAIN201306090423000252956997766.jpg

MAIN201306090423000363365070570.jpg

MAIN201306090425000200431122986.jpg

MAIN201306090426000188993800525.jpg

155023699.jpg

I think that China is biggest threat for US after Russia of past,and that is also another reason of US stay in south Asia-that is,to keep a strict eye on China and Iran.

Why is the US the great challenge? You said the Chinese respect the "Strong", Do the Chinese respect the US?
I said both U.S and China r competitors for each other. The U.S wanna keep their strength and powerful as the N.o1, now the China wanna changelle his location. Of course the Chinese respect U.S including me, at the same time we wanna become as stronger & powerful as the U.S .

if yes, then what makes the US strong?
1. High-technology research like CPU chips R/D, OS application, nano materials; New energy technology like controlled nuclear energy; New technical revolution like 3D-print.

2. U.S Dollar, currency for Pricing. $$ controls Gold prices, controls the price of oil, it means U.S government can get interests from any world trades. $$ is the basic reference price, U.S suck benefits from every corners of this world by using $$ weapon.

Can the Yuan/Renminbi be the medium of international exchange? Can and OUGHT there be two or more international "hard currencies"? If yes, How is this to be achieved? Will the US be amenable to such a thing??
Currently China Yuan/Renminbi don't have the ability to become an international currency, coz our money can't control gold also can't control oil prices there's no any valuable currency in Chinese hands yet.
At the same time China economy still weaker than great U.S economy, we lack enough state creditability.
If Yuan has the chance to takeover the $$, it must be the Chinese domestic economy much stronger and larger than U.S !

After being at the pinnacle of power for two decades, Americans paranoia has increased ten fold....which offcourse is understandable under the pretext that any country would want to remain clinging to the spot where USA stands. However, in the wake of that, all this struggle to stay on top, is preventing USA from adopting more amicable and flexible means to attain National interests......Whenever an adversary is spotted, American policy of CONFRONTATION hits full throttle........and thus we see the present American attitude towards China. China on the other hand has opted and is pursing a more pragmatic approach.........For China its the progress that is the priority and not the containment of the adeversaries. Who will win?..... No idea, but China is playing her cards right.

if yes, then what makes the US strong?
I add Three, also a important point here to make U.S strong.

3. U.S culture, better living conditions, famous high-colleges to attract genius brain learning in U.S, stay and serve for this country. Okay recent years the "America dream" weakened but it didn't bother genius from other poor countries study there and search for new chances.

Good U.S colleges/universities and collecting lots of talents from all foreign countries, it's a important key to make U.S stronger. Like today China, more and more parents like to send their children to study in some U.S colleges then let their children decide to choose future life, stay in U.S or back to China.

Frenemies walking together.

Anyway, I do hope both nations solve the problems that are in the way of their bilateral relations

Hello cnleio! I think your posts have been very pragmatic in this thread. I salute you sir! :cheers:

I'm struck by the kinds of things Chinese appreciate about the US, first of all it's culture, a high degree of openness, inclusive, innovative, ambitious, the glorious schools, the vigilant and responsive governance ---- So I'm a little confused, why should China think of the US as a challenge ? Some have said that in competition there can only be one winner, others say choose your adversary with care, as you will become more and more like your adversary, still others speak of co-optition, that is to say of competition and cooperation based on core competencies.

I'm struck by the kinds of things Chinese appreciate about the US, first of all it's culture, a high degree of openness, inclusive, innovative, ambitious, the glorious schools, the vigilant and responsive governance ---- So I'm a little confused, why should China think of the US as a challenge ? Some have said that in competition there can only be one winner, others say choose your adversary with care, as you will become more and more like your adversary, still others speak of co-optition, that is to say of competition and cooperation based on core competencies.
I just refer by human history ... there's only one superpower in this world, during the same period in history we can found out usually there's only one empire, when old empire/country crash must new one born to replace it.
In my opinion, the superpower & powerful empire is just a symbol for the wealth and wisdom collection, like human's wealth and wisdom they r limited resources and slow growth, which country could seize more it will help to imporve living conditions and attract more talents to build the empire. When a superpower controll most wealth and technology in this world, lead to less chances for other foreign countries.
The COMPETITION is everywhere, coz each ppl wanna rich but i had said the wealth is limited, millions of local human ppl to form a country and all capture more rich so the country start to compete with others to grab wealth from everywhere. In 21th century everythings and every countries r developing, to keep strength and save wealth the empire need more power to consolidate its advantage, so start to grab talent resources in other words more intelligent brains more potential wealth.

There's only one superpower in this world, coz its wealth and influences all came from other foreign countries. The China wanna equal with today U.S, it means China must challenge U.S' interests. A successful business man always be good at earning money from other pockets, but nobody like to share his wealth with others. It's also unreasonable for America to share its interests with his competitors.

We don't know who will win at last during competitions between U.S and China? but we just do it and no regrets. All comments r left to future generations, our generations just finish our responsibility now and make sure to do it well !

Friends who may have followed the thread and realize the thrust ofhe thread may find this piece below of interest:

British, Chinese central banks agree currency swap line

Sunday, 23 June 2013 12:29
Posted by Shoaib-ur-Rehman Siddiqui

LONDON: The Bank of England and the People's Bank of China have signed an agreement to establish a reciprocal, three-year sterling-yuan currency swap line, Britain's central bank announced.

The deal was agreed Saturday between BoE governor Mervyn King, who steps down at the end of the month, and his counterpart Zhou Xiaochuan of the central People's Bank of China.

"The maximum value of the swap is 200 billion (yuan) renminbi ($32.6 billion, 24.8 billion euros)," the BoE said in a statement.

"The swap line may be used to promote bilateral trade between the two countries and to support domestic financial stability should market conditions warrant."

Zhou and King met in February in Beijing for discussions on the swap line.

The City of London financial district launched an initiative in April on making the British capital a centre for yuan business.

"It is a testament to the outstanding working relationships between the Bank of England and the People's Bank of China that this swap line has now been signed," King said.

"In the unlikely event that a generalised shortage of offshore renminbi liquidity emerges, the bank will have the capability to facilitate renminbi liquidity to eligible institutions in the UK."

It is the latest in a string of bilateral currency agreements that China has signed in recent years to promote use of the yuan in trade and investment

We will respond to their pivot with nuclear attacks on all major US cities.

First our military power is focused to defeating USA, Japan and Pinoy alliance in the East China Sea and South China Sea. We already grabbed Diaoyu Island and Huangyan Island

By 2016 our J-20 will expel all enemy forces from our periphery. By 2018 we will amphibious attack Taiwan, Okinawa and Luzon to secure our supremacy in East Asia.

We do it for the natural greatness of our ancient civilization!

We will respond to their pivot with nuclear attacks on all major US cities.

First our military power is focused to defeating USA, Japan and Pinoy alliance in the East China Sea and South China Sea. We already grabbed Diaoyu Island and Huangyan Island

By 2016 our J-20 will expel all enemy forces from our periphery. By 2018 we will amphibious attack Taiwan, Okinawa and Luzon to secure our supremacy in East Asia.

We do it for the natural greatness of our ancient civilization!
I can see the bad result, it must Chinese blood pay much more than U.S coz millions of Chinese lives easily got kills in a Nuclear War.

Back
Top Bottom