What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Reports that 80%of Artillary base under control of Jihadis, fighting still ongoing...

They are very lightly armed. They dont have a single battery of artillery or single tank company.
a single tank can take out many companies of men in an urban setting, they are not lightly armed.

Thats joke of a century. They drop barrel and cluster bombs on civilian neighborhoods on daily basis, but in same time cant act in empty open plain because they are careful to avoid civvie losses.
no jihadi terrorists, no barrel or cluster bombs.

Large SAA reinforcements arriving in technical collage, Arming and artillary collage still under Rebel control... Meanwhile SDF has liberated Manbij...

Reports that 80%of Artillary base under control of Jihadis, fighting still ongoing...

Shows that while SAA have improved since 2011, they still have a long way to go. They seem to be still very weak in defensive strategies.

However, news is still conflicting, like how we had the news on 1070 where both sides claimed they held it, when eventually we realized it was in neither hands (and still isn't).

Both sides are throwing everything they have at each other. All the battles from the last four years seem like nothing compared to what has been happening recently.

Large SAA reinforcements arriving in technical collage, Arming and artillary collage still under Rebel control... Meanwhile SDF has liberated Manbij...

Where are the reinforcements coming from? Have they left another important position? If the position wasn't important, why didn't they come before. I mean, it was obvious after the siege, that the rebels would try to break it with all they got.

Shows that while SAA have improved since 2011, they still have a long way to go. They seem to be still very weak in defensive strategies.

However, news is still conflicting, like how we had the news on 1070 where both sides claimed they held it, when eventually we realized it was in neither hands (and still isn't).

Both sides are throwing everything they have at each other. All the battles from the last four years seem like nothing compared to what has been happening recently.

5 VBIED attacks today, Rebels are throwing everything they have at the Artillary Base, I agree, the battles in last 5 years is nothing compared to the Aleppo Siege

Where are the reinforcements coming from? Have they left another important position? If the position wasn't important, why didn't they come before. I mean, it was obvious after the siege, that the rebels would try to break it with all they got.

No clue really, reports are the technical wing is under SAA control and intense artillary and air bombardment is going on the rest of the base. Some reports even suggest of counter attack by SAA and gaining some positions...

Nothing is clear right now

Another VBIED attack on technical wing, Rebels throwing everything it seems....

Guys 500 is right the "rebels" are lightly armed besides all those photos and videos of T-72s and IFVs either captures, destroyed or in use by the rebels, but besides that the rebels are like totally super lightly armed. There is obviously more video and photos but I'm not going to dig it all up.

View attachment 323655 View attachment 323656 View attachment 323657 View attachment 323658

And suicied vehicles as well as RPGs, TOWs, MANPADs, and IEDs don't count.
They have few tanks and guns, all captured from Assad. Very few ammo and spare parts for these. They dont have a single tank company or artillery battery.

When they are surrounded or fight for their homes they defend very well. But In Aleppo they have nothing to fight for.

2012 summer battles were much much bloodier actually. From both sides.

Last edited:
Rebels trying to storm the technical wing, probably before the SAA Reinforcements hit the area. Reinforcements are reportedly coming through Hama & Khanasser road

Rebels trying to storm the technical wing, probably before the SAA Reinforcements hit the area. Reinforcements are reportedly coming through Hama & Khanasser road

So I am thinking aloud, and I made this post in reddit, tell me what you think,

Everyone keeps mentioning that the SAA didn't turn it into a defensive fortress, but what if a reason for that is that if they did lose it (since SAA had to make many different strategic retreats in last 4 years), they don't hand over the militants a fortress?

I'm not saying this is true, but I'm thinking it's possible. For example, if they do lost it now, it has come at a great expense from the rebel side (not only men & armor, but also time and efforts which could have been used elsewhere). If the SAA then counterattacks (using air strikes and the reinforcements), the militants are at the exact same defensive disadvantage the SAA where, and don't have time the luxury of time to put up any defensive parameters.

So, a rebel bleeds taking a base due to lack of defense, but then have to defend it against airstrikes and fresh reinforcements with the exact same lack of defense that helped them take it in the first place.

Wouldn't this work out better for the SAA?

They have few tanks and guns, all captured from Assad. Very few ammo and spare parts for these. They dont have a single tank company or artillery battery.

It not clear how much armor they have so I don't know where you are getting your information from. As for heavy armor they clearly posses plenty of it as evidence in video and pictures and this is just what was filmed and photographed.

The "rebels" are much better armed then what you are willing to acknowledge. Pictures and evidence don't lie.

So I am thinking aloud, and I made this post in reddit, tell me what you think,

Everyone keeps mentioning that the SAA didn't turn it into a defensive fortress, but what if a reason for that is that if they did lose it (since SAA had to make many different strategic retreats in last 4 years), they don't hand over the militants a fortress?

I'm not saying this is true, but I'm thinking it's possible. For example, if they do lost it now, it has come at a great expense from the rebel side (not only men & armor, but also time and efforts which could have been used elsewhere). If the SAA then counterattacks (using air strikes and the reinforcements), the militants are at the exact same defensive disadvantage the SAA where, and don't have time the luxury of time to put up any defensive parameters.

So, a rebel bleeds taking a base due to lack of defense, but then have to defend it against airstrikes and fresh reinforcements with the exact same lack of defense that helped them take it in the first place.

Wouldn't this work out better for the SAA?

Its entirely possible, though am not sure how fortified it really is( or lack of it). Some claim it was the one of the most fortified positions in Aleppo. From what i see, Rebels have lost a lot of men and materials in trying to attack the Base and considering the amount of reinforcements coming. Which is "Huge" as per even opposition sources, the Siege is not going to be over any time soon and a counter attack is most likely on the table...

Though what i feel is, if the Rebels do manage to take the base, the entire base will liekly be bombed to the stone age by the RUAF. I doubt the Rebels will like to be there for too long....

Though it looks like SAA is going on an offensive in Latakia. Currently storming Kinsiba

It not clear how much armor they have so I don't know where you are getting your information from. As for heavy armor they clearly posses plenty of it as evidence in video and pictures and this is just what was filmed and photographed.

The "rebels" are much better armed then what you are willing to acknowledge. Pictures and evidence don't lie.
U are good in finding pics. So shoe me one instance rebel using artillery in batteries like it should to be used:

Here rebels in Ukraine:

U are good in finding pics. So shoe me one instance rebel using artillery in batteries like it should to be used:

Here rebels in Ukraine:

Nice tactic of changing the subject. As for artillery, I never even said they had any around Aleppo but they do have 'hell canons' and heavy armor.

No one ever reveals how much armor they have because it is a strategic advantage to the enemy. In ww2 the soviet army became masters at moving large formations of armor and catching the Germans off guard or simply deceiving the Germans into thinking that they were weakening one sector of the front when in reality they strengthened it. Similar deception was used in Normandy and the Gulf War.

If you think the "rebels" have "no heavy armor" then by all means believe it, although there is more then enough evidence to dispute that. I don't understand why you always feel the need to pull information out of thin air.

Nice tactic of changing the subject. As for artillery, I never even said they had any around Aleppo but they do have 'hell canons' and heavy armor.

No one ever reveals how much armor they have because it is a strategic advantage to the enemy. In ww2 the soviet army became masters at moving large formations of armor and catching the Germans off guard or simply deceiving the Germans into thinking that they were weakening one sector of the front when in reality they strengthened it. Similar deception was used in Normandy and the Gulf War.

If you think the "rebels" have "no heavy armor" then by all means believe it, although there is more then enough evidence to dispute that. I don't understand why you always feel the need to pull information out of thin air.

There seems to be a complete lack of Russian Air force in today's Battle...

Good so u could not find a single artillery battery used by rebels in 5 years of war. Tnx.

There seems to be a complete lack of Russian Air force in today's Battle...
They did drop a cluster bomb here:

CpKBLutWEAA67DW.jpg

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=36.157142&lon=37.112911&z=16&m=b

I guess most accurate map is this:

CpKoO8RWIAAAsNJ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom