What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Look at this list.

15 Famous Muslim (Arab & Persian) Scientists and their Inventions

11 of those 15 are Arabs while the remaining 4 are Persians.

Nobody can deny the historical fact that Arabs and then Persians and thirdly Jews dominated science, literature, poetry etc. in the Islamic world and that Arabic was the lingua franca of science.

Nobody can deny the fact that the Arab diaspora has also been more influential than any other ME diaspora.

That the West has dominated contemporary science and science as a whole for the past 500 years is another discussion but history did not start 500 years ago. Oh, and Greeks (greatest ancient European civilization) were heavily influenced by ME civilizations in what is now the Arab world.

I was taking about the wiki source he posted it says he was of persian or Turkic origin
he take wiki as historical fact source wich is not

Wikipedia is only hated by people whose world views and political agendas don't fit with the articles and sources of Wikipedia. Then the same people use Wikipedia to prove their opinion. The origin of Haj Bektas supports mainly a Turkic origin in the sources.

That guy is the one that keeps trolling. Not me. I am just dealing with him by writing historical facts and putting him in his place. That kid obviously does not understand anything else.

That science is not much compared to what we witness today which nobody has claimed but back then it was leading in the world.

Yes, which is the only scientific achievement of note. I believe one of the was a Azerbaijani Jew so not even a Turk. Lastly no Arab country has been fortunate enough to be part of the Soviet Union with emphasized modern science heavily.

Yet you have dozens of famous Arab scientists, businessmen etc. born in the West or New World. South America alone has had 8 presidents and prime ministers of Arab ancestry, dozens of ministers, businessmen (world's richest man is an Arab-Mexican), scientists etc.

Just the 3.5 million big Arab-American community has had many famous people among its ranks. Steve Jobs was half Arab for instance. His father was an Syrian Sunni Arab.

Arab American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Already this shows tremendous contemporary influence.

NASA has also had Arab scientists employed.

OK, let me burst this bubble of BS which revolves around the head of some muslims.

So, your achievement is Steve Jobs? Saying that a person like steve jobs, who his wannabe arab dad has only slept with her mother and left her alone and a person who his child, steve(not ali or muhhammad jobs) hated him the most, is a person that you be proud about, is hilarious, and just shows,you have no other guys to mention and be proud of. BTW, steve jobs was no scientist at all.

Anyway, there are many jews in azerbaijan, and I myself have some jewish relatives as well, but it does not mean only muslim or shia turks can be considered as Azerbaijani. Anyway, in addition, we have also one Azeri women, who is fields medal winner(The only women in the world who has won fields medal), and I know her through my personal friends, and I gurantee you that is from fully shia muslim parents.

If I were in the place of you guys, instead of talking about these non-senses about some non-existing "Scientific achievements" of hundreds of years ago, It's better to care for these hundreds of millions of people of these muslim arab and persian countries that cannot even write their own name in their mother tongue.

Wikipedia is only hated by people whose world views and political agendas don't fit with the articles and sources of Wikipedia. Then the same people use Wikipedia to prove their opinion. The origin of Haj Bektas supports mainly a Turkic origin in the sources.

You mentioned some 4 names that not many people have heard about to begin with to prove a non-existing point. You Turks, let alone Mongols (LOL) had a negligible scientific output historically. That's just a fact. Your main strength was in the military sector. In the case of Mongols this was extremely short-lived. Are you going to deny that or what?

Moreover it turned out that 2 of those 4 that you mentioned origin might not even be Turkic and that 1 of them was even of Arab origin.

Those 15 below are some of the most influential Islamic scientists and 11 of them were Arabs and 4 Persian. Names that most Muslims recognize and even many non-Muslims recognize.

Let's just stick to Wikipedia as you love it so much.

List of Arab scientists and scholars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Turkics in comparison lists 2 names.

List of Turkic scholars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was taking about the wiki source he posted it says he was of persian or Turkic origin
he take wiki as historical fact source wich is not
I do agree that @Charon 2 should look into other sources, but this time, he and wiki were right. ;)

:omghaha::omghaha:

What azerbaijani? Neither of them were turk.

We are all turks, and in contrast to you, who probably only know who your father is(at the best case), we have something called family tree book(mostly written on old qurans) and clearly know our origin, which is turkic.

The guy is born in persia and has a persian name and the name of the parents are persian and you guys have made a wiki page with the turkish name.
Either way I have not heard of them.

You are only a pure moron troll. You said his name is persian, right? then tell me what his name means in Persian.

You mentioned some 4 names that not many people have heard about to begin with to prove a non-existing point. You Turks, let alone Mongols (LOL) had a negligible scientific output historically. That's just a fact. Your main strength was in the military sector. In the case of Mongols this was extremely short-lived. Are you going to deny that or what?

Moreover it turned out that 2 of those 4 that you mentioned origin might not even be Turkic and that 1 of them was even of Arab origin.

Those 15 below are some of the most influential Islamic scientists and 11 of them were Arabs and 4 Persian. Names that most Muslim recognize and even many non-Muslims recognize.

Fact is that you don't have the right to claim the achievments of dead ancient Semites as Arab-speaker whose ancestors lived from plunder and eating lizards in the Arabian desert . All of them were Turkic as their Turkic origin has more sources. Wikipedia is well known for its Persocentrism. In every article about Turkic subjects, Persians must be mentioned

Haj Bektash Veli was even the founder of Bektashi Alevism a blend of Turkic Shaman and Shia Islam traditions

OK, let me burst this bubble of BS which revolves around the head of some muslims.

So, your achievement is Steve Jobs? Saying that a person like steve jobs, who his wannabe arab dad has only slept with her mother and left her alone and a person who his child, steve(not ali or muhhammad jobs) hated him the most, is a person that you be proud about, is hilarious, and just shows,you have no other guys to mention and be proud of. BTW, steve jobs was no scientist at all.

Anyway, there are many jews in azerbaijan, and I myself have some jewish relatives as well, but it does not mean only muslim or shia turks can be considered as Azerbaijani. Anyway, in addition, we have also one Azeri women, who is fields medal winner(The only women in the world who has won fields medal), and I know her through my personal friends, and I gurantee you that is from fully shia muslim parents.

If I were in the place of you guys, instead of talking about these non-senses about some non-existing "Scientific achievements" of hundreds of years ago, It's better to care for these hundreds of millions of people of these muslim arab and persian countries that cannot even write their own name in their mother tongue.

It has nothing to do with Muslims. The Islamic world for centuries was leading in science and Arabs, Persians and Jews played key roles in that while Turks and Mongols played no role at all aside from a few names that are not that famous or well-known.

Did you just omit all those examples I mentioned? Arabs in South America alone have had 8 presidents and prime ministers. More than most ethnic groups in South America. Arabs have been one of the most successful diasporas in the New World. Arabs in America, despite their not so big numbers, are pushing way above their weight too.

List of Arab Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The world's richest man is an second generation Arab. There are dozens of rich businessmen from all corners of the world of Arab origin. From South East Asia, Horn of Africa, South America, Central America, Europe to USA.

We were talking about Turks here. Jews are not Turks. The Arab world has millions of non-Arabs living in our lands. KSA alone has millions of non-Arabs ethnically who are now Saudi Arabian citizens. Including Turks.

There are about 450-500 million Arabs in the world and maybe 20-30 million of them are illiterate. The literacy rates are high in the vast majority of all Arab countries and it's always difficult when dealing with so many people.

Look at India or South Asia. Those people have hundreds of millions of illeterates literary. Not Arabs.

The problem here is that it is "your" compatriot that starts the trolling despite obviously being clueless and a moron. He is the one that starts insulting people and forces people to reply in the same manner. You should check his user history.

Steve Jobs was half Arab. That's a fact. No matter what anyone says.

The point is that there are extremely many successful diaspora Arabs (far more than any other Muslim peoples) and that's because they get opportunities that they cannot get in war-torn Iraq, Syria or Yemen for instance.

Haha now the clown strikes again and brags about some USELESS Alevi and his influence on Islam to an Arab. Just LOL.:lol:

I am out.

@rmi5 if you knew that moron you would see that I was right. You also know that I got no problem with Turks or Mongols but I reply to insults with insults especially to brainless trolls that keep provoking and initiating troll debates. I did not start this debate or the others that the moron initiated.

Brothers @farag and @SALMAN AL-FARSI do not waste your time with that low IQ clown.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with Muslims. The Islamic world for centuries was leading in science and Arabs, Persians and Jews played key roles in that while Turks and Mongols played no role at all aside from a few names that are not that famous or well-known.

Did you just omit all those examples I mentioned? Arabs in South America alone have had 8 presidents and prime ministers. More than most ethnic groups in South America. Arabs have been one of the most successful diasporas in the New World. Arabs in America, despite their not so big numbers, are pushing way above their weight too.

The world's richest man is an second generation Arab. There are dozens of rich businessmen from all corners of the world of Arab origin. From South East Asia, Horn of Africa, South America, Central America, Europe to USA.

We were talking about Turks here. Jews are not Turks. The Arab world has millions of non-Arabs living in our lands. KSA alone has millions of non-Arabs ethnically who are now Saudi Arabian citizens. Including Turks.

There are about 450-500 million Arabs in the world and I maybe 20-30 million of them are illiterate. The literacy rates are high in the vast majority of all Arab countries and it's always difficult when dealing with so many people.

Look at India or South Asia. Those people have hundreds of millions of illeterates literary. Not Arabs.

The problem here is that it is "your" compatriot that starts the trolling despite obviously being clueless and a moron. He is the one that starts insulting people and forces people to reply in the same manner. You should check his user history.

so, the literacy rate of Arab countries is 94-96%? Come one man. We all know it's not even by 10-20% close to the reality.
We were talking about science and you mentioned some one who is not a scientist, and one arab has just slept once with her mother. big achievement for arabs and muslims :lol:

As long as there is this bubble of BS lies above our heads, we cannot make any progress.

About other examples, I could care zero about presidents or prime ministers. Ahmadinejad, Gaddafi, Assad, ... were/are all presidents as well. Not scienstists again, not worth the oxygen they breath in, either.

About scholars, what else did you expect? when islam has evolved among arabs and persian, clearly the scholars would be from these two nations, not from french or germans or mars. BTW, what kinda achievement is their work? They have only contributed to stupefying of Middle Eastern people. have all of these scholars combined, invented something like an aspirin pill, or something that benefits people, or they just produced garbage and secterian hatred among people by bloodsucking Khoms and zakat money?

@rmi5 if you knew that moron you would see that I was right. You also know that I got no problem with Turks or Mongols but I reply to insults with insults especially to brainless trolls that keep provoking and initiating troll debates. I did not start this debate or the others that the moron initiated.

Bro, you need to control yourself. First of all, I even doubt if he is a turk, and is maybe a persian or kurd. If not, we can waste our time, and energy on non-sense stuff, while we need to care about very important stuff that their importance is 100 times more than these childish piss contests. ;)

Last edited:

There are about 450-500 million Arabs in the world and maybe 20-30 million of them are illiterate. The literacy rates are high in the vast majority of all Arab countries and it's always difficult when dealing with so many people.

Steve Jobs was half Arab. That's a fact. No matter what anyone says.

The point is that there are extremely many successful diaspora Arabs (far more than any other Muslim peoples) and that's because they get opportunities that they cannot get in war-torn Iraq, Syria or Yemen for instance.

Haha now the clown strikes again and brags about some USELESS Alevi and his influence on Islam to an Arab. Just LOL.:lol:

I am out.

Brothers @farag and @SALMAN AL-FARSI do not waste your time with that low IQ clown.

Typical Sunni extremist behavoir. Hating everything which is non-Sunni. Pan Sunni and Pan Semitist arrogant morons like you Al Shittani think you are Allahs chosen people, right? Your country is drowning in extreme misogyny, extremism and a backward political government without basic human rights. Claiming the high culture and achievments of ancient dead Semitic peoples is boosting your ego, right?

so, the literacy rate of Arab countries is 94-96%? Come one man. We all know it's not even by 10-20% close to the reality.
We were talking about science and you mentioned some one who is not a scientist, and one arab has just slept once with her mother. big achievement for arabs and muslims :lol:

As long as there is this bubble of BS lies above our heads, we cannot make any progress.

About other examples, I could care zero about presidents or prime ministers. Ahmadinejad, Gaddafi, Assad, ... were/are all presidents as well. Not scienstists again.

About scholars, what else did you expect? when islam has evolved among arabs and persian, clearly the scholars would be from these two nations, not from french or germans or mars. BTW, what kinda achievement is their work? They have only contributed to stupefying of Middle East people. have all of these scholars combined, invented something like an aspirin pill, or something that benefits people, or they just produced garbage and secterian hatred among people by bloodsucking Khoms and zakat money?

The Arab diaposra forms at least 10% of the total number of Arabs if not more and there are barely any illiterates among them. The literacy rates on the Arabian Peninsula, outside of impoverished Yemen, are all above 90% as of 2014. Same with Levant.

What drags the Arab world down are countries such as Somalia and Sudan and many people there are not even ethnic Arabs. You can check out the World Bank Data.

Thsoe presidents and prime ministers are obviously educated people and were not ELECTED in the ME but in democratic countries. More democratic countries than Mongolia or Central Asian dictatorships.

I just gave you a long list of Arab scientists and its a historical fact that we were much more prominent for the entire Islamic history than Turks or Mongols were even remotely close to being.

Steve Jobs was an inventor and obviously a very wise and successful man. Anyone that says differently is an idiot. Yes, every male and female that produced a child has slept with each other. Who cares how he was created. He is still half Arab, moreover on his fathers side.

Look at that list of just American Arabs. It clearly shows that Arabs are punching above their weight just like in most countries of the world where they are a minority.

Arabs in NASA:

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/02/26/197112.html

Farouk El-Baz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Western Heart: Arab named as chief scientist at NASA

Anyway this discussion was about scientists during Islamic Times or Pre-Islamic Times. After all history did not start 100 years ago. The Arab world has a lot of catching up in the science department due to wrong teaching methods, curriculums (too much focus on religion) but all this is rapidly changing. Moreover many states have been ruled by dictators or been at war since WW1. This obviously hinders progress on all fronts.

Yet still today there are more Arab scientists than Turkic ones and many more successful/influential Arabs than Turkic people.

Anyway I am starting to get a headache from interacting with that son of toilet cleaners and his low iq nonsense.

@farag @SALMAN AL-FARSI

Last edited:
The Arab diaposra forms at least 10% of the total number of Arabs if not more and there are barely any illiterates among them. The literacy rates on the Arabian Peninsula, outside of impoverished Yemen, are all above 90% as of 2014. Same with Levant.

What drags the Arab world down are countries such as Somalia and Sudan and many people there are not even ethnic Arabs. You can check out the World Bank Data.

Thsoe presidents and prime ministers are obviously educated people and were not ELECTED in the ME but in democratic countries. More democratic countries than Mongolia or Central Asian dictatorships.

I just gave you a long list of Arab scientists and its a historical fact that we were much more prominent for the entire Islamic history than Turks or Mongols were even remotely close to being.

Steve Jobs was an inventor and obviously a very wise and successful man. Anyone that says differently is an idiot. Yes, every male and female that produced a child has slept with each other. Who cares how he was created. He is still half Arab, moreover on his fathers side.

Look at that list of just American Arabs. It clearly shows that Arabs are punching above their weight just like in most countries of the world where they are a minority.

Arabs in NASA:

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/02/26/197112.html

Farouk El-Baz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Western Heart: Arab named as chief scientist at NASA

Anyway this discussion was about scientists during Islamic Times or Pre-Islamic Times. After all history did not start 100 years ago. The Arab world has a lot of catching up in the science department due to wrong teaching methods, curriculums (too much focus on religion) but all this is rapidly changing. Moreover many states have been ruled by dictators or been at war since WW1. This obviously hinders progress on all fronts.

Yet still today there are more Arab scientists than Turkic ones and many more successful/influential Arabs than Turkic people.

Anyway I am starting to get a headache from interacting with that son of toilet cleaners and his low iq nonsense.

@farag @SALMAN AL-FARSI

About Steve(not Muhammed or Ali jobs), how does his so called scientific achievement relates to arabs? about his sperm donor arab father that he hated and had zero influence in his education, ... ?

I can mention 10 times more Turk scientists in NASA than arabs. About nowadays scientists, ... the sanctioned mullahstan alone, produces more papers than whole arab world combined, and Turkiye alone produces 50% more than mullahstan.

Which one of these are our real issues? our issue are these morons who do suicide attacks and rape and enslave poor women, and do stonning, and cutting hands, and treat women like animals, make secterian wars, ...
Are these goons, 90% literate? if it's so, there is something wrong with ME education system.

About Steve(not Muhammed or Ali jobs), how does his so called scientific achievement relates to arabs? about his sperm donor arab father that he hated and had zero influence in his education, ... ?

I can mention 10 times more Turk scientists in NASA than arabs. About nowadays scientists, ... the sanctioned mullahstan alone, produces more papers than whole arab world combined, and Turkiye alone produces 50% more than mullahstan.

Which one of these are our real issues? our issue are these morons who do suicide attacks and rape and enslave poor women, and do stonning, and cutting hands, and treat women like animals, make secterian wars, ...
Are these goons, 90% literate? if it's so, there is something wrong with ME education system.

Now you have started trolling. Steve Jobs alone is a more successful entrepreneur than 99% of all Muslims in history. Sperm donor?

The world's richest man is self-made and an Mexican-Arab. No Turk or anyone from the Muslim world can compete with this.

Those numbers are obviously pure bogus. Just KSA alone has some of the most patent products of any Muslim country.

Patents By Country, State, and Year - All Patent Types (December 2013)

Fact of the matter is that Arabs were much more dominating on the scientific front during the entire Islamic period (1300 years) than Turks and Mongols combined are even close to achieving. If you equal Turks and Mongols then we might equal Arabs and Jews.

Secondly it's also very well known that the Arab diaspora is much more successful than any other Muslim diaspora in total and that there are many more influential Arabs on all fields and that the potential of the Arab world is much bigger than any other Muslim peoples (single ethnic group).

World's 100 Most Powerful Arabs - Geniuses - Photos 36 - ArabianBusiness.com

Now you have started trolling. Those numbers are obviously pure bogus. Just KSA alone has some of the most patent papers of any Muslim country.

Fact of the matter is that Arabs were much more dominating on the scientific front during the entire Islamic period (1300 years) than Turks and Mongols combined are even close to achieving. If you equal Turks and Mongols then we might equal Arabs and Jews.
Check it yourself:
SJR - International Science Ranking

The same jews who hate you the most, and you(not me) claim to occupy your Palestinian kin and oppress them?

@al-Hasani , I am a very well educated person, and talking with me is not like when you talk with some usual PDF members. I talk based on facts and demand facts as well.

Now, open this webpage, and tell me how many top 1000 universities arab world has, and how many Turkey and azerbaijan have:
University Rankings, Guides, Forums & Events | Top Universities

PS. all of this happens even without considering that Arabs have 5 times of population of Turkiye and Azerbaijan.
Secondly it's also very well known that the Arab diaspora is much more successful than any other Muslim diaspora in total and that there are many more influential Arabs on all fields and that the potential of the Arab world is much bigger than any other Muslim peoples (single ethnic group).

World's 100 Most Powerful Arabs - Geniuses - Photos 36 - ArabianBusiness.com

Again, talking with no proof. How are you the most successful ones? tell me please in terms of this scientific facts that we were talking about, instead of quoting some blog type website.

Check it yourself:
SJR - International Science Ranking

The same jews who hate you the most, and you(not me) claim to occupy your Palestinian kin and oppress them?

@al-Hasani , I am a very well educated person, and talking with me is not like when you talk with some usual PDF members. I talk based on facts and demand facts as well.

Now, open this webpage, and tell me how many top 1000 universities arab world has, and how many Turkey and azerbaijan have:
University Rankings, Guides, Forums & Events | Top Universities

Again, talking with no proof. How are you the most successful ones? tell me please in terms of this scientific facts that we were talking about, instead of quoting some blog type website.

Why are you omitting the topic? For 1300 years Arab science was head and shoulders above Turkic and Mongol (combined). 1300 years. Let alone pre-Islamic times. Remember that Turkic equals Semitic.

Those are just journals and citations.

Yes, the same Jews of which 50% of the population are Jews of Arab ancestry. Basically Arabs that practice Judaism instead of Islam or Christianity. What has politics to do with anything? Do Mongols love Turks or what? What if they did not?

Azerbaijan is number 86 on that list. KSA number 45. KSA has almost 10 times as many journals. But you know that this "ranking" is just about journals mostly from what I can see? Something like patents types are much more useful than many of those journals/papers submitted. Just look at the countries on that ranking outside of top 15.

This is more useful in the case of scientific output. It shows an end product and not just journals, citations etc.

Patents By Country, State, and Year - All Patent Types (December 2013)

What has universities got to do with anything when many of the most successful Arabs are diaspora and when many, if not most, of the most successful Arabs are educated abroad or based abroad?

Arabs are obviously more influential as a people on almost every field than any other ethnic group from the Muslim world. Those people I mentioned before show this clearly.

Arabs dominate business, entrepreneurship, finance and politics. I bet that there are also more Arab scientists and scientists of Arab descent that are more influential across the world (in total) than any other Muslim ethnic group.

We were talking about scientists during the Islamic Age and now you have started about contemporary times. I already mentioned several Arabs working for NSA and even having leading positions. The number of universities do not tell anything about scientists.

I got no access to any lists for some reason on that link and could not find the more-well known universities in the GCC alone and those I found had no ranking.

King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) (Arabic: جامعة الملك عبد الله للعلوم و التقنية - كاوست‎ ǧāmiʿat al-malik ʿabd al-Lāh li-l-ʿulūm wa-t-teqniyya – KAUST) is a public research university located in Thuwal, Saudi Arabia. KAUST was built and is operated by Saudi Aramco. It has the third largest endowment of any university in the world following Harvard and Yale, respectively. KAUST is often referred as a new "House of Wisdom" and an "Arab MIT." KAUST has attracted top-notch faculty from all over the world, especially from countries such as USA, Germany, China, Japan, and Italy. The high diversity among the faculty is also reflected by the student body, with more than 60 nations represented on campus. This multicultural environment, in which creativity and teamwork is much valued, fosters great knowledge exchange and innovation.[3]

With the aim of rekindling science in the Islamic world, KAUST was founded in 2009 and focuses exclusively on graduate education and research, using English as the official language of instruction. It offers programs in Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering; Computer, Electrical, and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering; and Physical Sciences and Engineering. The University achieved significant progress in a very short time and is currently among one of the world's most productive universities in terms of research. It was recently announced that KAUST has one of the fastest growing research and citation records in the world right now.[4] As of 2014, QS World University Rankings rated KAUST's research record as 99.9%, which is higher than that of the University of Tokyo (88.6%), Yale University (92.2%), University of Oxford (96.6%), University of California, Berkeley (96.6%), the University of Michigan(97.2%), University of Cambridge (97.9%) and Princeton University (99.5%).[5]

King Abdullah University of Science and Technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway read my previous posts dealing with outdated learning methods, too much focus on religion, wars and instability etc. that hampers growth. But all this is changing. The GCC alone has a bigger economy than Turkey and Indonesia combined. If peace arrives in the Arab world and political reforms will take place then the potential will be endless. There is no doubt about it.

Last edited:
I fully answered your claims about so called 1300 years of science achievements.(which has had no real output except for growing bin ladens, Abu bakr Baghdadis, ISIS rapists, Assadist Child murdurers, ...)

again, FYI:
About other examples, I could care zero about presidents or prime ministers. Ahmadinejad, Gaddafi, Assad, ... were/are all presidents as well. Not scienstists again, not worth the oxygen they breath in, either.

About scholars, what else did you expect? when islam has evolved among arabs and persian, clearly the scholars would be from these two nations, not from french or germans or mars. BTW, what kinda achievement is their work? They have only contributed to stupefying of Middle Eastern people. have all of these scholars combined, invented something like an aspirin pill, or something that benefits people, or they just produced garbage and secterian hatred among people by bloodsucking Khoms and zakat money?

Source: Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed) | Page 99

But, you omitted the topic.
the new topic: (started by yourself)

Source: Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed) | Page 99

Which is a baseless claim, and Arab world combined(by having 2.5 times population of Turkic world) has had about less than half of scientific output of turkic countries.
Then you omitted the topic and talked about one special university, while we were talking about comparing output of Arabs and turkic world.

Why are you omitting the topic? For 1300 years Arab science was head and shoulders above Turkic and Mongol (combined). 1300 years. Let alone pre-Islamic times. Remember that Turkic equals Semitic.

Those are just journals and citations.

Yes, the same Jews of which 50% of the population are Jews of Arab ancestry. Basically Arabs that practice Judaism instead of Islam or Christianity. What has politics to do with anything? Do Mongols love Turks or what? What if they did not?

Azerbaijan is number 86 on that list. KSA number 45. KSA has almost 10 times as many journals. But you know that this "ranking" is just about journals mostly from what I can see? Something like patents types are much more useful than many of those journals/papers submitted. Just look at the countries on that ranking outside of top 15.

What has universities got to do with anything when many of the most successful Arabs are diaspora and when many, if not most, of the most successful Arabs are educated abroad or based abroad?

Arabs are obviously more influential as a people on almost every field than any other ethnic group from the Muslim world. Those people I mentioned before show this clearly.

Arabs dominate business, entrepreneurship. finance, sports and politics. I bet that there are also more Arab scientists and scientists of Arab descent that are more influential across the world (in total) than any other Muslim ethnic group.

We were talking about scientists during the Islamic Age and now you have started about contemporary times. I already mentioned several Arabs working for NSA and even having leading positions. The number of universities do not tell anything about scientists.

I got no access to any lists for some reason on that link and could not find the more-well known universities in the GCC alone and those I found had no ranking.

King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) (Arabic: جامعة الملك عبد الله للعلوم و التقنية - كاوست‎ ǧāmiʿat al-malik ʿabd al-Lāh li-l-ʿulūm wa-t-teqniyya – KAUST) is a public research university located in Thuwal, Saudi Arabia. KAUST was built and is operated by Saudi Aramco. It has the third largest endowment of any university in the world followingHarvard and Yale, respectively. KAUST is often referred as a new "House of Wisdom" and an "Arab MIT." KAUST has attracted top-notch faculty from all over the world, especially from countries such as USA, Germany, China, Japan, and Italy. The high diversity among the faculty is also reflected by the student body, with more than 60 nations represented on campus. This multicultural environment, in which creativity and teamwork is much valued, fosters great knowledge exchange and innovation.[3]

With the aim of rekindling science in the Islamic world, KAUST was founded in 2009 and focuses exclusively on graduate education and research, using English as the official language of instruction. It offers programs in Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering; Computer, Electrical, and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering; and Physical Sciences and Engineering. The University achieved significant progress in a very short time and is currently among one of the world's most productive universities in terms of research. It was recently announced that KAUST has one of the fastest growing research and citation records in the world right now.[4] As of 2014, QS World University Rankings rated KAUST's research record as 99.9%, which is higher than that of the University of Tokyo (88.6%), Yale University (92.2%), University of Oxford (96.6%), University of California, Berkeley (96.6%), the University of Michigan(97.2%), University of Cambridge (97.9%) and Princeton University (99.5%).[5]

King Abdullah University of Science and Technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@al-Hasani
Anyway, I have found this discussion useless, and harmful for our brotherhood in this forum. Also, need to do personal stuff now, so let's leave the discussion here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom