What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Putin side Su-35S multi role fighters

0:12 R-77s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aGwdmW6_700b_v1.jpg

The "Syrian Arab Army" is advancing in Northern Aleppo
upload_2016-2-5_17-35-53.png

Shia militia advances have actually not been as a result of their strength - Russian airstrikes pound a village into dust, rebels retreat, shia militias take positions. If rebels hold their ground Shia militants get killed. Would post images of their dead in Rityan but I'd get banned.

The only hope for rebels now is if they cut off the regime supply route to Aleppo completely.

View attachment 292022

Shia militia advances have actually not been as a result of their strength - Russian airstrikes pound a village into dust, rebels retreat, shia militias take positions. If rebels hold their ground Shia militants get killed. Would post images of their dead in Rityan but I'd get banned.

The only hope for rebels now is if they cut off the regime supply route to Aleppo completely.

They have a timeframe of about 24 hours, because if they don't act now the SAA would have consolidated and fortified their gains by than.

If they had conciderably more than 100 K then several thousands of Iraqi and Afghan mercenaries would not change anything. But they change a lot.

That is not the point. The point is whether 100K is enough for rooting out the salafis. Yes that is enough.

So they adviced far from the frontlines before and they do same now. What's he dif? The only dif is swarms of Shia mercenaries.

The scale matters. Previously I guess they would have consulted at the big picture level if at all. Now they are actually on the battlefield, devising tactics, co-ordinating airstrikes etc. Huge difference.

And if the Shia militias is the only difference, then please explain the victories in Latakia, East Aleppo and Daraa where there are little to no Shia militias.

ISIS is nothing but part of rebel force, which decided to fight other rebels, Kurds and then also the Americans. Why u deny the obvious that its great for Assad I really dont know.

Who denied ISIS is not a part of the rebel force now and who is denying its good for Assad? My point is they were part of the rebels having been welcomed into Syria by the rebels, fought shoulder to shoulder with the rebels against Assad and then fell out due to political reasons.

Ofcourse when two blood enemies are fighting each other the third party gets the advantage. It just doesnt mean the third party is allied with either. I dont know why YOU are not understanding that. Not to mention rebels are fighting IS on only one low key front where as govt forces fight IS on two high profile and one low key fronts.

Yes USAF aid rebels and Russia aids ISIS.

Glad that you accepted USAF does indeed help the rebels which was not your previous claim of them being unhelped.

Yep just accident that Assad was rapidly losing and then suddenly he changed a tide.

Lady luck smiled on him, jolani got ambitious and rest is history. What to do. BTW the battle that actually turned the tide in 2013 was the victory at Qusair. Not this one.

There is no any proof for such claims. While food by Assadists a fact. Why would civilians actually want to leave Madaya if it was not staved ?

Ofcourse there is proof. I myself linked videos of Madaya civilians cursing the rebels for not letting them out. Go through my post history.

And even if they used them as "shields" u still cant block food and starve them.

Well if they are used as shield and the rebels dont give the aid sent to them, then the bulk of the problem is with the rebels.

Even when terrorists use human shields.

* Israel does not starve civilians.
* Israel does not gas civilians.
* Israel does not use indiscriminate shelling of civilian areas.

Assad doing all that. More over, Assad bombs and starves civilian areas which are far from the frontline. Just to punish.

Well you as a Israeli is denying them. If you ask the Syrian govt they will also deny them. Whats the point ? Nothing.

But the parallels I established between the Hamas terrorists and the rebels on using civilians as human shields and propagandizing suffering for their own benefit stands.

selective reading, provides only selective knowledge.
Errr..Um.. ok.

@KS

How do you see this? This is a huge escalation in my opinion, on par with the deployment of S-400. The deployment of such sophisticated hardware in Syria, i believe Russia is sending a message that Assad is going nowhere and Turkey, back off.

I thought when I saw the news first that this wasn't as much as an escalation as a message. Unlike S-400 (gamechanger) 4-Su 35 by themselves wont achieve anything significant.

But the last few days when the Russians just carpet bombed the northern aleppo countryside to relieve the siege on Nubl-Zahraa and cut Aleppo from Azaz, perhaps they expected some Turkish interference and hence brought in the Su-35s to maintain air superiority.

Siege?
YPG were participating in Siege and they didn't tell us? Wow, so nice of them to help us out, you know, the same people they attacked

Why are you not mentioning Afrin canton and the rebels had come to an agreement not to let supplies into the besieged cities ? Only emergency medical supplies were sent and afrin canton had said on the ground that towns fell, they would possibly let in the civilians to escape the executions they would face in hands of Nusra, Ahrar etc.

And that is exactly why the regime was airdropping supplies.

Nice to see that you actually realize that rebels will counterattack and it's very easy to break the supply line. At least *some* intelligence spotted.

Yeah you can forget about the counter-atttack. The window for that was 72 hours and it has passed. SAA+allies have taken Hardatnin, Masarath Khan, Mayer, Rityan and heavy shelling of Bayanoon is going on and will be taken , I think, over the weekend. This is a pretty defendable salient and once they expand north into Kafr Naya, then it will be nearly impenetrable. Not to mention the offensive capabilities of rebels has been severely degraded.

In short - The Turkish connection to Aleppo has been lost for the forseaable future and supplies can come in only through Idleb

As for two Shia villages, they were not liberated (since never were captured) neither they were under siege, since got supplies from Kurds.
No they did not.

Except for emergency medical supplies, rebels and afrin canton had signed an agreement not to let any supplies into nubl and zahraa

BmEDq-TCIAEfAKK.jpg:large

View attachment 292022

Shia militias in one front. Just like the Khaleejis, Chechens, Uzbeks, Uighurs etc fighting for the rebels.

For example, african commander of Ansar al dine killed in north aleppo

CaUykptXEAAm9y4.png

Actually the shia militias perform like actual armies i.e., they serve in Syria in "tours". Fight for six months, go back home and then come again, fight for another 6 months and then go back.They are not settling down. Whereas these sunni jihadists settle down with 'n' wives and 'n*x' kids like the Uighur squatters in Jisr Shugour. The latter is the more dangerous option since it destroys local Syrian culture.

Russia can’t ‘unilaterally’ impose Syria ceasefire while opposition rejects peace talks – Churkin
Published time: 6 Feb, 2016 04:33
56b5753fc46188bc0b8b4605.jpg

Russian Ambassador to the United Nations Vitaly Churkin © russiaun.ru

Russia cannot “unilaterally” stop airstrikes and bring about a ceasefire in Syria while the US-led coalition keeps bombing and terrorists continue their rampage, the Russian UN envoy said, noting the gravity of peace talks but stressing the legitimacy of Moscow’s campaign.
“We cannot stop this unilaterally: what about the terrorist and opposition groups, are they going to stop too? What about this American-led coalition – are they going to stop too?” Churkintold reporters after a closed-door meeting of the UN Security Council on Syria.

LIVE UPDATES: Syria peace talks in Geneva

However, he stressed the importance of the Syria peace talks, while also expressing regret over the halted Geneva meeting.

“They were on the table in Geneva and the opposition delegation walked out. Unfortunately, it seems to be encouraged by some of our Western colleagues,” Churkin said.

Russia has been facing strong criticism over its airstrikes, which were quickly blamed for the peace talks’ three-week suspension. Thus, on Friday French ambassador Francois Delattre said that the UN Special Envoy for Syria Staffan de Mistura paused the talks after Russia increased air strikes.

“He did not say that,” Churkin responded when asked to comment on the accusations. “My good friend Francois Delattre should have stayed through the meeting rather than put words into Mr. Staffan de Mistura’s mouth,” he said. “Staffan de Mistura was at his diplomatic best.”

In his speech earlier this week, de Mistura indeed abstained from direct accusations, only saying that the reason for his decision stemmed from a disagreement between the Syrian government and the opposition on humanitarian issues.

Responding to the West’s condemnation, Churkin stressed that members of the US-led coalition “do not really have grounds” – either moral or formal – to accuse Russia.

“Those people who have encouraged the opposition to essentially walk out of the talks have been rejecting our continued offers for them to arrange really practical cooperation between us and them in the situation of Syria,” he said.

Moreover, unlike the coalition, Russia’s campaign is “fully legitimate”since it was started on the “invitation”of the Syrian government, the Russian UN envoy stressed.

Nevertheless, despite the mutual distrust, Churkin has called to refrain from “public recrimination”, saying,“this is not the right thing to do now.”

“We need to have even stronger concerted efforts in order to overcome the problems we are facing with Syria,”he said.

On February 11, the International Syria Support Group (ISSG) will be meeting in Munich to discuss how to accelerate an end to the Syrian conflict. According to Churkin, Russia is going to bring “some new ideas to the table.”

“We hope that other colleagues, other members of the International Syria Support Group are going also to show their responsibility,” he said.

Mistura initially postponed the talks until February 25, but according to Churkin the peace efforts can be resumed earlier.

“I think we had a good discussion and I think we are encouraged that Staffan de Mistura believes that the talks can be resumed, that even maybe they can be resumed before February 25th,” he told reporters in New York.

At the same time, he did stress that new preconditions to resume talks, such as demanding that sieges be lifted or humanitarian access be granted, will only delay talks.

“It’s very strange that our colleagues for a long time were saying that for the ceasefire to happen there must be some political progress. For political progress to take place there need to be political negotiations. Now they are saying that the ceasefire must take place before political negotiations,” he said.

Churkin has again invited the US-led coalition to “pick up our proposal for cooperation.”

“As soon as we started our bombing campaign on September 30th we invited the United States and their coalition to join the coordination cell we have in Bagdad where we coordinate things with Iraq, Syria and also with Iran. Or any other place – they refused," he said."Maybe they were afraid that if they do that (this is my personal guess) some of the links between some members of coalition and terrorist groups were going to be revealed.”
Russia can’t ‘unilaterally’ impose Syria ceasefire while opposition rejects peace talks – Churkin — RT News

That is not the point. The point is whether 100K is enough for rooting out the salafis. Yes that is enough.
If it was enough Assad would not beg for Shia mercenaries from all over he world.

The scale matters. Previously I guess they would have consulted at the big picture level if at all. Now they are actually on the battlefield, devising tactics, co-ordinating airstrikes etc. Huge difference.
Baseless. Assad advanced well in places where he had enough manpower before too.

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed) | Page 966

And if the Shia militias is the only difference, then please explain the victories in Latakia, East Aleppo and Daraa where there are little to no Shia militias.
First of all there are many Shia militias in all these areas. I've showed pics. Secondly as I noted Assad could advance in some areas before as well. But because of lack of loyal manpower he was advancing in one place and losing two other. Now with swarms of mercenaries he can attack simultaneously on several front combined.

Who denied ISIS is not a part of the rebel force now and who is denying its good for Assad?
Awesome thats what I said. ISIS greatly helped Assad.

My point is they were part of the rebels having been welcomed into Syria by the rebels, fought shoulder to shoulder with the rebels against Assad and then fell out due to political reasons.
ISIS appeared in 2013, AFTER rebels captured most of Syria. They penetrated rebel ranks first acting together but then backstabbed. If there was no ISIS rebels would be in much better situation.

Glad that you accepted USAF does indeed help the rebels which was not your previous claim of them being unhelped.
I brought stats:

4273 strikes total

over 2000 strikes in support of Kurds vs. ISIS
over 1000 strikes in support of Iraqi Shias vs. ISIS
~ 500 strikes in support of Assad vs. ISIS
~ 50 strikes in support of Assad vs. rebels
less than 50 strikes in support of rebels vs. ISIS
0 strikes in in support of rebels vs. Assad

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed) | Page 578

As u can see US helped Assad much much more than rebels vs. ISIS. Also thanks to US strikes in Iraq they can send swarms of Shia militias to Assad.

Lady luck smiled on him, jolani got ambitious and rest is history. What to do. BTW the battle that actually turned the tide in 2013 was the victory at Qusair. Not this one.
Thats because u follow conflict from news. Queseir was small totally encircled town. All that hype created was worth nothing. The big change was encircling Ghouta in same time. Anyhow both Ghouta and Quseir were done by Hezbollah and Iraqi militias.

Ofcourse there is proof. I myself linked videos of Madaya civilians cursing the rebels for not letting them out. Go through my post history.
These are actors brought by Assad. My claims are based on UN reports and facts on ground.

FACT: UN report clearly says that Assadist groups impose blockades and prevent entry of goods.
FACT: UN says that Assadists ignore the overwhelming majority of their requests to deliver aid.
FACT: towns controlled by same rebel groups which are not encircled are not starving.
FACT: only towns encircled by Assadists and Hezbollah are starving.

Well you as a Israeli is denying them. If you ask the Syrian govt they will also deny them. Whats the point ? Nothing.
I repeat: Israel supplies dozens of aid trucks EACH DAY, even when they fire rockets salvos at our cities. Not a single person starves in 1.8 million Gaza. Assad blocks aid to Madaya although they dont fire any rockets. Zero parallels.

I thought when I saw the news first that this wasn't as much as an escalation as a message. Unlike S-400 (gamechanger) 4-Su 35 by themselves wont achieve anything significant.
Israel bombed Kuntar in heart of Damascus after the arrival of S-400. So much for a gamechanger.

Except for emergency medical supplies, rebels and afrin canton had signed an agreement not to let any supplies into nubl and zahraa
This agreement worth nothing. You can see Nubl and Zahra, town and citizens there look very well.

Osman city had been liberated by SAA forces.
The city is near border with Jordan.

On Thursday, the Saudi Arabian Defense Ministry said it was prepared to deploy ground troops to Syria to fight Daesh. On Friday, the White House welcomed the Riyadh's announcement.

Later, Bahraini ambassador to Britain Sheikh Fawaz bin Mohammed al-Khalifa said in a statement that the kingdom would commit troops to operate "in concert with Saudis." He added that the United Arab Emirates, a member of the Saudi-dominated Gulf Cooperation Council, was also ready to commit troops.

"Any ground intervention on Syrian land without the agreement of the Syrian government is an act of aggression… we regret that those [who invade] will return to their countries in coffins," Reuters quoted Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Muallem as saying.

1034081066.jpg

The Syrian foreign minister also said during a press conference in Damascus that Riyadh-formed Syrian opposition delegation at the Geneva peace talks suspended the negotiations after Syrian army's advances.

"The opposition delegation from Riyadh decided to quit the dialogue after hearing about the advances made by the Syrian army."

A Saudi-backed opposition group walked out of the negotiations in Geneva on Wednesday, after which UN Special Envoy for Syria Staffan de Mistura announced the intra-Syrian talks were put on a three-week pause.

The Syrian leadership has requested the United Nations to present a list of people who will represent the opposition at the Geneva talks.

"We demanded the UN special envoy for Syria [Staffan de Mistura] to give us the list of people with whom we will negotiate, since we do not intend to speak to ghosts."

Muallem also said that the ceasefire in Syria cannot be reached until the country's borders with Turkey and Jordan are taken under control.

Read more: Damascus: Ground Operation in Syria Without State Approval 'Aggression'

Off Topic: Abu Azrael: He's an Iranian and has Killed several Daesh Terrorist in Iraq. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom