What's new

Syrian troops arrest 4 Turkish fighter jet pilots in Aleppo: Paper

Syrian troops arrest 4 Turkish fighter pilots in Aleppo
Souce:Xinhua Publish By Thomas Whittle Updated 01/01/2013 1:00 am in World

DAMASCUS, Dec. 31 — Syrian troops arrested four Turkish fighter pilots near a military airport in the northern province of Aleppo, a pro-government daily said Monday.

The guarding troops of the Koerc military airport arrested four Turkish officers who were trying to sneak into the airport with an armed group, al-Watan said, giving no further details about the fate of the Turkish pilots but saying that the incident came to explicitly implicate Turkey.

Also in Aleppo, the paper said more than 100 armed men were killed when the Syrian air force bombarded the Finance Directorate in al-Sufaira town, where the armed men had been gathering.

In the central province of Homs, army units targeted armed groups’ positions in al-Rastan town, killing scores of them, al- Watan said, adding that violence and clashes have renewed in the Yarmouk camp for Palestinian refugees in the capital Damascus between local committees and armed rebels.

Meanwhile, opposition activists reported shelling on many hotspots nationwide by the Syrian army on Monday.

Syrian troops arrest 4 Turkish fighter pilots in Aleppo - NZweek

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/xinhua/2012-12-31/content_7909338.html

And some guyz were laughing at me when I said many days ago that serving Turkish and Saudi officers are present in Syria.

I do not support Assad at all, but Saudis, Turkish and Qataris and playing a dirty role like Pakistan once played in the 80s. This will come back to them as its only natural.

Anyone remembers this, the last time two Turkish pilots were captured after their plane was shot down?

556340_449623661755253_1879606186_n.jpg

"In accordance with the instructions of our partners in Moscow regarding the current situation, and accordance with the guidance of the professionals of the joint command, and after the escalation with the Turkish side by supplying the terrorists with advanced weaponry we have decided the following:

1- The Turkish pilots are to be disposed of in natural means and then sent back to the location of the crash.
2- Make an official apology from the government of Syria.
3- Flaunt the idea of supporting the PKK to send a message to the government of Turkey that their actions will not be tolerated.
4- All information extracted from the Turkish pilots are to be sent to Joint command immediately.
5- Dispose of these instructions immediately and is not to be kept in any file after reading."

I could understand soldiers but jet pilots ? thats seems fake to me, if I recall correctly it was the presstv who claimed that a Turkish general captured in Syria months ago.

If any Turks captured by the SAA, they are probably the radical Islamists who has gone to Syria for a "holy mission", whom Syrian government announce as a 4 Turkish fighter pilot. Just another BS...

If any Turks captured by the SAA, they are probably the radical Islamists who has gone to Syria for a "holy mission", whom Syrian government announce as a 4 Turkish fighter pilot. Just another BS...

So does the state of Turkey has no responsibility towards non-state actors?

If its proved that your territory is used against any other country, don't you think its a violation?

Please admit it that your country is now hosting rebels, CIA and other agencies as a base camp.

I in no way support Assad and his family run govt in case you justify Turkey's actions.

If its proved that your territory is used against any other country, don't you think its a violation?

Please admit it that your country is now hosting rebels, CIA and other agencies as a base camp.

I in no way support Assad and his family run govt in case you justify Turkey's actions.

I already said that even some of those rebels in Turkey are terrorists...

But still, this report is clearly a BS. Why would Turkey send 4 of its jet pilots into Syria without protection? Besides, there is no logical explanation about what the pilots would do in there?

I already said that even some of those rebels in Turkey are terrorists...

But still, this report is clearly a BS. Why would Turkey send 4 of its jet pilots into Syria without protection? Besides, there is no logical explanation about what the pilots would do in there?

Firstly, the Assad govt is pounding rebels via Airforce. The rebels need coordination and organization to respond. Officers are sent to train and coordinate offensives against an established country. A similar thing happened during the 80s.

Maybe the pilots were sent to operate any captured aircraft or 'steal' aircraft? Syrian troops captured them during the process!

Lol, Turkish state-backed actors even tried to kill Pope, so .... I'm sure that state won't take any responsibility for that.

Maybe the pilots were sent to operate any captured aircraft or 'steal' aircraft? Syrian troops captured them during the process!

As far as i know, there are many defected Syrian Pilots among FSA. This is just a BS that not even worth discussing...

If we wanted to train pilots, we would invite them to Turkey instead of doing that in a warzone.

As far as i know, there are many defected Syrian Pilots among FSA. This is just a BS that not even worth discussing...

If we wanted to train pilots, we would invite them to Turkey instead of doing that in a warzone.

I don't think Turkey would have wanted to openly get in FSA pilots in their airbase, especially since NATO and US haven't openly declared military support for the FSA.

So maybe they thought it better to covertly send a couple of pilots in their to fly the planes, not train.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom