What's new

Taiwan hails missile as 'aircraft carrier killer'

It's the internet gambit, I'm not sure what you are expecting. If you are looking for a more mature in depth discussion you can always join the Chinese defence forum :) (that is if you keep to technical posts as above without the commentary)

I have not seen Gambit in CDF since the US Navy Carrier guy Popeye the Sailorman grounded this US Airforce Intel guy for 1 month for consistent personal attack and argue with Mod.

Taiwan hails missile as 'aircraft carrier killer' - Yahoo! News

TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — Taiwan is hailing its most advanced missile as "an aircraft carrier killer" on the same day that China began sea trials of it first aircraft carrier.

During the preview for a defense exhibition Wednesday, Taiwan brandished the indigenous Hsiung Feng III missile against the backdrop of a billboard depicting a missile-riddled aircraft carrier.

The billboard bore the words: "Aircraft carrier killer."

The Hsiung Feng III has made two previous public appearances in Taiwan and has been deployed on Taiwan's Perry-class frigates but has never been described as anti-carrier weapon.

Taiwan and China split amid civil war in 1949. China still claims Taiwan as its own and vows to bring it back to the fold by force if necessary.

------------------------------------------------------
China just barely refurbished and rebuilt the carrier and now it will be sunk by Taiwan when China gets ready to invade Taiwan. As well as taking over the Spratly Islands.

It is time for Chinese to occupy Taiwan and take it back other wise in next future it will be first foreign military post for china. Meanwhile US already conscious about xinjian by supporting anti-china organizations.

I have not seen Gambit in CDF since the US Navy Carrier guy Popeye the Sailorman grounded this US Airforce Intel guy for 1 month for consistent personal attack and argue with Mod.

Heh not sino-defence but China defence (hint look at my the link in my signature )

Invading Taiwan seems pretty pointless...if they don't want to be a part of China then you are going to have trouble ruling them.
Besides I don't think you're a match for the US...yet.

Invading Taiwan seems pretty pointless...if they don't want to be a part of China then you are going to have trouble ruling them.

The RAND corporation begs to differ.

RAND study: Now China wins Taiwan Straits air war - The DEW Line

We're not talking about a global war, but a war right off of China's shore. It's been a helluva a journey to get to even this point, but I think the doctrinal and technology improvements are there for everyone to see.

Also I don't think anyone Chinese wishes reunification by the sword.

AHA he made an account just to flame! Low life scum!

And he's failing so badly with his inability to understand HTML

But I guess I should be nicer to everyone since I am sort of ambassadoring for the China defence forum....

if US's economy can not get out of trouble, so US will lose the game in Taiwan, that why, US have to make friend with VIetNam to prepare for the WOrst in Taiwan.

Unification has been the history of China for more than 2000 years. Any governer of China won't give up it.
It's not like the unification of EU because people in mainland and taiwan are exactly the same.
There wont be problems to rull people in Taiwan. They could rull themselves, but unification is a must.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom