What's new

Taiwan's planned submarine fleet could forestall a potential Chinese invasion for decades

They have solid air-defense systems so landing with aircraft carrying troops is risky at the beginning stages coming from the sea is the best choice. Even from 1 km from the shores would be okay enough dropping them of their to swim the remaining distance while hidden under the dark of the night

They have more MIM Hawk from the 1960's than Patriots. They'll also never get the opportunity to shoot at transports since they'll be suppressed or destroyed by missiles or strike packages.

Taiwan's capabilities pretty much the same as Saddam Hussein's Iraq in 1991.

You must be kidding me, solid air defense? How many patriot they have? A single air defense missile take out a cheap beidou III guide MRL rocket is not worth the price.

PLA can throw hundred thousands of these rocket over to Taiwan. Do Taiwan even have more than a thousand of patriot missile?

I suggest u better read up more of Chinese missile/rocket arsenal before opening such propaganda article by CNN. These are nothing but to delude themselves and Taiwanese. There is a reason why China military is called a threat to US.
They have more MIM Hawk from the 1960's than Patriots. They'll also never get the opportunity to shoot at transports since they'll be suppressed or destroyed by missiles or strike packages.

Taiwan's capabilities pretty much the same as Saddam Hussein's Iraq in 1991.

I was thinking more of Taiwan's ''Antelope air defence system'' Not the longest range but it makes sure that there is no easy dropping off for foot-soldiers and you also have to consider manpads and various of other systems.

They also have a new air defense system 15-billion usd and I believe it is under-development or even deployment not sure?

China ends victorious but Taiwan could hold off for some good time and no they won't fall in a day this is not a playstation game. Taiwan could make this a dog-fight but eventually fall

Last edited:
I was thinking more of Taiwan's ''Antelope air defence system'' Not the longest range but it makes sure that there is no easy dropping off for foot-soldiers and you also have to consider manpads and various of other systems.

They also have a new air defense system 15-billion usd and I believe it is under-development or even deployment not sure?

China ends victorious but Taiwan could hold off for some good time and no they won't fall in a day this is not a playstation game. Taiwan could make this a dog-fight but eventually fall

short ranged air defense and manpads can't stop strike planes, missiles and guided bombs from turning their infrastructure into tofu soup or even defend themselves from strike planes, missiles and guided bombs.

the other thing is situational awareness. The key advantage US had over Saddam's Iraq was not in individual units - they still used some F-4s after all while Iraqis had some Mig-29s. It was in situational awareness with networked troops, satellite recon and AWACs.

PLAAF has 40+ AWACs all with AESA radar, ROCAF has 5 AWACs with mechanical Doppler radar. PLA has 100+ satellites, ROC has 0. Everything happening in Taiwan is being tracked in real time. They have all these air defense systems - too bad they won't know where to shoot because they're getting jammed by AWACs or can't even find PLAAF strike packages while PLAAF knows exactly where the ROCAF is.

no amount of subs will help Taiwan if it can't compete in air superiority

I don't think I agree with this regarding strait being narrow having any effects but however I do agree that China has capable subs herself which could make things interesting but could Taiwan hold back china for some time? Yes if the defenses is set probably they can hold China for sometime but eventually China will outlast them due to endless manpower and resources
That area is full of underwater sensors mate. It's a waste of money imo.they could have created and developed so much more. If I was Taiwanese, I would opt for status and remaining silent and reap trade rewards and strengthening ties. The DPP are fanatics.

That area is full of underwater sensors mate. It's a waste of money imo.they could have created and developed so much more. If I was Taiwanese, I would opt for status and remaining silent and reap trade rewards and strengthening ties. The DPP are fanatics.

DPP = Taiwanese Fascist Party. KMT did not realize that in a democracy, you can still democratically elect fascists to power, just like Adolf Hitler was elected to power. KMT has to bear some responsibility for allowing the rise of the fascist DPP. DPP themselves bear all responsibility for everything else that happens.

planed,could,will,sounds familiar? yea,it's supapawa‘s tone!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom