What's new

Tajikistan: No Hajj, No Hijab, and Shave Your Beard

Is secularism inherently dogmatic and intolerant ?

• Total voters
Your going to decide this?

Let's forget Islam altogether. Get on our knees and worship Western man. Perhaps you can right a new koran?
Compulsory pork eating, ban on hijab and mixed nude saunas? I

Hi,

Welcome to the conversation---. If I am in power---then off course I will decide it.

Islam is a religion of social welfare---the welbeing and the welfare of the poor and the needy supercedes any excesses of life---.

Now what does that have to do with 'forgetting' Islam---. A second haj is a waste of money and second umrah is waste of money when the neighborhood is full of the needy and the poor---a true muslim---who fears Allah---will donate that money to the poor & needy and do something for their welfare.

How can a conscientious muslim---who fears Allah---can spend the money for Haj or Umrah---when the poor are starving next door---and the sick don't have the money for medicine.

Hajj wastes forex and for a poor country it is not feasible..Hajj is entirely an economic operation otherwise the arabs will not demand it to be paid in US Dollars..!

How much is spent annually by Pakistanis on it on average?

The people of central asian states truly took Islam in spirit unlike the ungrateful and mischievous kind that lines the middle east and the subcontinent. The Soviets had banned Islam completely and would force people to consume alcohol. Yet, people kept teaching the Quran and Huffaz were cultivated so that even if copies of the Quran were destroyed, the Quran survived. People prayed in closets and taught Quran in the Basement in conditions that would resemble the early years of the Prophet.

So even with the toll the USSR took on muslims, their values and teachings survived. These people have different ideals from those in the Caucasus region and dagestan and it is a wonder to see how Islam survived the union in the three -stans.

The people of central asian states truly took Islam in spirit unlike the ungrateful and mischievous kind that lines the middle east and the subcontinent. The Soviets had banned Islam completely and would force people to consume alcohol. Yet, people kept teaching the Quran and Huffaz were cultivated so that even if copies of the Quran were destroyed, the Quran survived. People prayed in closets and taught Quran in the Basement in conditions that would resemble the early years of the Prophet.

So even with the toll the USSR took on muslims, their values and teachings survived. These people have different ideals from those in the Caucasus region and dagestan and it is a wonder to see how Islam survived the union in the three -stans.

The Soviet Union treated the Christians the same way as well but they survived too. Now the Russians are returning to Christianity. A nation that holds monasteries and places of worship as high value.

I think Hajj is seen as an entitlement these days instead of the "those who can afford" thing.Governments shouldn't be paying for any such entitlements.

Is Hajj subsidy a "once in a lifetime" thing in Pakistan?

Their country their laws. If the majority of Tajiks are for these laws then so be it.

None of our concern.

Like I say, Islam is not in need for more numbers... better quality over quantity.

The only interesting thing is that... there have been may terrorist acts in Pakistan where Tajik citizens have been caught waging "jihad" against Pakistan.

Another way of taking the soviet mentality to the extreme which is counterproductive.

don't discuss them when you had the same problems in your country. the most people in balochistan even didn't know about kalma. they have been oppressed by the sardars and nawabs in the same way as tajikistan . the baloch didn't even knew that they were muslims or pakistanis before army went there. now they are studying in leading universities of the country.
about tajikistan i can say that there is democracy in islam but there isn't islam in democray.

I think this attitude will lead to extremism how long can they ban Hajj , beard etc .Frustrations will build and one day someone will stand instead they should go towards moderate ways .Let people deccide what to wear what to follow and either grow a beard or shave . Perform Hajj everyyear or once in lifetime .i think if they have the "urge" to control , control public speeches , Jumma speeches ( or regulate them use Jumma for benefit by giving specific topics to discuss ) .
These type of bans are utter non sense be it against muslims or any other community .

Why hate the beard :-(

I think its "In" now a days , ban beard , ban Hilal shops ,ban hajj , ban Burqini ..soon it will be Ban Muslims

Islam will one day definitely murder secularism for the good of humanity.

Their country their laws. If the majority of Tajiks are for these laws then so be it.

Whenever something against Islam is imposed hatemongers defend it by saying "their country their laws" but when a Muslim state with the consent of the majority legislates blasphemy law these same hatemongers say the opposite.

Hi,

I would rather have a minimum age limit of 40-45 years old for haj---one haj in lifetime---one Umrah.

Who are we humans to restrict what Allah has not made restricted? And btw why would you want to impose this restriction?

People over a certain income level would have to donate a certain amount of money towards the states welfare funds---for performing haj or umrah.

What???? You are imposing conditions NOT mandated in Islamic jurisprudence/law for hajj/umrah.

Anyone known to have performed more than one Umrah without permission---will be fined 10 times their total expenditure of the trip.

Where are you getting such ideas from?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom