What's new

Taliban chief Akhtar Mansoor dead, Taliban deny.

- You guys are making difficult for yourself quite frankly by following this policy of supporting these groups. Pakistan a country with nukes being quite rapidly isolated on the world state = next North Korea ?

Hope sane Pakistanis take an objective look at where these policies have taken Pakistan to ?

Wonder how will ISPR spin this one?

What talks ? They have refused it quite blatantly and blew score people in Kabul and showed the middle finger to Talks.

- Afghan side has maintained no more , talks the Talis will be dealt with militarily.
Stop supporting Indian paid agents against Pakistan and then we can care less about what you people do in Afghanistan. You Afghanis and indians have been dreaming about Pakistani isolation ever since 1947. Just bcz we are not stooges of Americans and indians like Afghanistan doesn't mean we are isolated. Our economy is steadily growing even without american and westren help. Wwe posted 4.7% growth this year with projection of more than 5% next so keep dreaming.

Would you extend the same logic to TTP?
The only good taliban is the crispy one.
The difference is that Pakistan did talk to them, and only took military action AFTER the TTP broke the agreement. With the Afghan taliban, talks haven't even begun, due to Afghanistan sabotaging, or going back on them constantly.

Besides, there is a stark difference between the two, and the Afghan taliban have often denied their affiliation with the TTP.

Don't take this to mean that I'm against military action against the Afghan taliban, but like the ttp, talks should be had first.

- You guys are making difficult for yourself quite frankly by following this policy of supporting these groups. Pakistan a country with nukes being quite rapidly isolated on the world state = next North Korea ?

Hope sane Pakistanis take an objective look at where these policies have taken Pakistan to ?

Wonder how will ISPR spin this one?

What talks ? They have refused it quite blatantly and blew score people in Kabul and showed the middle finger to Talks.

- Afghan side has maintained no more , talks the Talis will be dealt with militarily.

If PK can survive the isolation of 90's than it will be 10x much easier for us in today's time with a much bigger economy , better military than before and more strategic friends in the region .

PK shouldn't give a crap what the west thinks about it. We already seen the fruits of west in syria , libya , yemen , iraq and afghanistan .

If PK can survive the isolation of 90's than it will be 10x much easier for us in today's time with a much bigger economy , better military than before and more strategic friends in the region .

PK shouldn't give a crap what the west thinks about it. We already seen the fruits of west in syria , libya , yemen , iraq and afghanistan .

I for one don't want to see Pakistan isolated, because we need to develop as a region.

The difference is that Pakistan did talk to them, and only took military action AFTER the TTP broke the agreement. With the Afghan taliban, talks haven't even begun, due to Afghanistan sabotaging, or going back on them constantly.

Besides, there is a stark difference between the two, and the Afghan taliban have often denied their affiliation with the TTP.

Don't take this to mean that I'm against military action against the Afghan taliban, but like the ttp, talks should be had first.
there is a saying " samjhdaaro ke liye Boli, bewakoofo ke liye goli" that's about it.

TTP is barely relevant . They were dismantled by our army and they ran like Sheep . What is left of them in afghanistan we will hunt them down too .

Continue making those distinctions, it will lead to nowhere but isolution. Pakistan is currently a security state while the neighborhood bus has left the station. I wish and hope that Pakistan changes course because a developed Pakistan is essential for a developed Afghanistan.

Agreed that the only good taliban is a crispy one.

It is really a catch22 situation. Here are Pakistan's options:
A- Pakistan starts to go against every faction operating inside Afghanistan. Then the world community loses all hope of bringing the taliban to the negotiating table. The trouble with this option is this. The ANA is in no position to fight the taliban like the Pakistan Army did in Zarb-e-Azb. We negotiated from a position of weakness, they regrouped and fought back harder. We pummeled them because we could. Pakistan does not have faith in the ANA's ability to pummel the Afghan Taliban to the negotiating table. Which is why Pakistan is sticking to B.
B- Pakistan tries to keep some leverage on the Taliban to try to keep pushing them towards the negotiating table. Of course this is a dirty game. But look at option A. Going with option A is saying we have faith in the ANA to defeat the Afghan Taliban.
C- Pakistan seals and mines the border, pushes everyone out, loses all leverage with the Taliban and lets Afghanistan fight it own battle. Pakistan loses influence, sure, but are we in any doubt what happens in Afghanistan? Does the ANA prevail? Doubt it. And can you really "seal" such a long and porous border. Also apparently Afghanistan has an issue with sealing the border in whatever capacity as evident from the recent tensions at Torkham.

My 2 cents.

TTP is barely relevant . They were dismantled by our army and they ran like Sheep . What is left of them in afghanistan we will hunt them down too .
If you recall, so did taliban when US bumbari began... I am all for death of every single taliban, but taking them lightly will be just foolhardy.... Remember that taliban are as an organisation stupid, and stupid people have a huge potential for destruction.

Agreed that the only good taliban is a crispy one.

It is really a catch22 situation. Here are Pakistan's options:
A- Pakistan starts to go against every faction operating inside Afghanistan. Then the world community loses all hope of bringing the taliban to the negotiating table. The trouble with this option is this. The ANA is in no position to fight the taliban like the Pakistan Army did in Zarb-e-Azb. We negotiated from a position of weakness, they regrouped and fought back harder. We pummeled them because we could. Pakistan does not have faith in the ANA's ability to pummel the Afghan Taliban to the negotiating table. Which is why Pakistan is sticking to B.
B- Pakistan tries to keep some leverage on the Taliban to try to keep pushing them towards the negotiating table. Of course this is a dirty game. But look at option A. Going with option A is saying we have faith in the ANA to defeat the Afghan Taliban.
C- Pakistan seals and mines the border, pushes everyone out, loses all leverage with the Taliban and lets Afghanistan fights it own battle. Pakistan loses influence, sure, but are we in any doubt what happens in Afghanistan? Does the ANA prevail? Doubt it. And can you really "seal" such a long and porous border.

My 2 cents.

Pakistan needs to have a friendly Afghanistan, having any adversarial feeling is going to be counterproductive. Use a,b,c d right upto z to resolve issues with afghans. That's all I have to say as an outsider.

I for one don't want to see Pakistan isolated, because we need to develop as a region.

The onus is on afghanistan not to back stab . Like I said PK will be moving ahead with or without afghanistan . Your country has the honour of being one of the two countries not to recognize PK at the time of its independence. I regularly watch your media these days . They really spout venom against PK all the time . Can you imagine what will become of Afghanistan if PK closes torkham , sends back 3 million refugees , stops its annual $ 500 investment in afghanistan , scholorships to afghan students and countless of favours done by us ?. Even If we don't do anything we wont be at any loss you guys will be.

Afghanistan needs PK , It's not vice versa . :) .

Last edited:
Pakistan needs to have a friendly Afghanistan, having any adversarial feeling is going to be counterproductive. Use a,b,c d right upto z to resolve issues with afghans. That's all I have to say as an outsider.

There is no doubt Pakistan needs a friendly Afghanistan. Case in point my option A or C: We alienate every taliban faction that was maybe willing to talk and then the Taliban take over Afghanistan. That is bad for everyone.

I hope you can appreciate that this is a tricky situation with subtleties a lot of folks don't seem to appreciate.

Continue making those distinctions, it will lead to nowhere but isolution. Pakistan is currently a security state while the neighborhood bus has left the station. I wish and hope that Pakistan changes course because a developed Pakistan is essential for a developed Afghanistan.
The US itself makes this distinction, despite fighting the Afghan taliban more than the TTP. Your first complaint should be pointed towards the US.

Pakistan is a security state, yes, but that doesn't mean that political institutions are being restricted in their work.

While I really hope that Pakistan and Afghanistan develop together, but that will only happen when Afghanistan starts taking Pakistani concerns more seriously.

Back
Top Bottom