What's new

Taliban leader Ehsanullah Ehsan breaks out of jail

Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Taliban leader Ehsanullah Ehsan breaks out of jail
by News Desk , (Last Updated 6 mins ago)
TTP-4.jpg

–Former TTP spokesperson alleges security officials broke ‘signed agreement’, detained him along with family

Former spokesperson of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, Ehsanullah Ehsan has allegedly issued an audio message on social media wherein he claimed that he had broken out of a Pakistani jail “after the security agencies allegedly went back on their word”.

The alleged date of jailbreak that Ehsanullah Ehsan gives in the video is Jan 11, but there has been no comment from the government or the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the military’s media wing, on the alleged claim.

In the video, the TTP spokesperson, who was detained in Feb 2017, said that he “surrendered” before the security forces and made a signed agreement that guaranteed certain rights to him.

However, the security forces allegedly didn’t keep the promises and subsequently detained his family as well.

“My name is Ehsan and I am former member of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan and Jamaatul Ahrar. On Feb 5, 2017, I handed myself into the hands of Pakistan’s security officials under an agreement and I kept that agreement on my part but I along with my family was detained by the security officials. We faced jail at least three years with patience but we made a plan to escape and finally, we successfully escaped on Jan 11, 2020,” the former spokesperson of the terrorist organisation claimed.

He also threatened the Pakistan Army that he would “disclose the details of the [alleged] agreement, its architect, and whatever transpired during his time in the jail”.

In 2012, Ehsanullah Ehsan claimed responsibility for the gun attack on then 15-year-old Malala Yousafzai. She later went on to become the joint winner of the Nobel Peace Prize. She was shot for defying Taliban diktats and pursuing her education and highlighting atrocities of the militant outfit.

Ehsanullah is also a prime accused in the 2014 Army Public School (APS) Peshawar attack in which 134 school children and 15 staff members were killed.

He was also involved in the suicide bombing of Shiites in Rawalpindi and Karachi, killing nine foreign tourists and their guide in Gilgit-Baltistan area.

Besides, the twin blasts targeting peace committee volunteers in Mohmand agency; suicide attack near the Wagah border and the 2016 bombing of an Easter gathering in a Lahore park that killed at least 75 people and injured more than 300.

Senior Journalist Hamid Mir made a comment on his video, asking him to explain as to why he accepted the responsibility for attacking Malala Yousafzai and why did he claim the responsibility for planting a bomb under his car.
https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...t1CJZiso1m39jy-ARa8F_Vw#.XjwsaCAkxsc.facebook

Not sure if this is true but he should have received capital punishment.

May b he was let out to let him break the deal and then kill him in an encounter

But extremely concerning none the less

BS news unless a credible source comes forward.

Seems fake news (because link doesnt work anymore) till reliable sources confirm it.

Also, if it turns out to be a fake news, than whoever had reported it should face serious consequences, because such FAKE news have become a norm in Pakistan and it bring bad name to the country's reputation.

Original source of this news is an Indian news site "Sunday Guardian Live" which is an Islamophobic Right wing channel.

Jub se Ghafoor bhai gaye hain ISPR ko lassan lag gaye hain

Phir bhi aik press release jari karnai main kitni dair lagit hai

Full time propaganda is going on the social media

And still no reply by army

Sad state of affairs

Back
Top Bottom