What's new

Taliban 'ready to unleash 3,000 suicide bombers in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jeypore

^^ Tamil tigers actually.

Unless you mean in the muslim world, in which case I agree, suicide bombing is typically perpetrated by Sunnis. Haven't heard of a Shia suicide bomber, correct me if I'm wrong.

Well you need to then go back into history, read about Hizbollah. They are credited for bringing the suicide bombing to middle east, and by the way Hisbollah is a Shia Islamic Party. So this thing basically started by the Shias and not the other way around.

Way in early 80s they did these things, when no one had heard about the suicide bombings.

So it would be better for members to not bring in the Sunni & Shia thing without knowing the facts.

"In the Middle East, suicide bombing was first used by the Hezbollah in Lebanon. From November 1982, when a suicide bomber destroyed a building in Tyre, killing seventy-six Israeli security personnel, through 1999, the year the Israelis withdrew from Lebanon, the Hezbollah carried out fifty-one suicide attacks. In October 1983 it took only two suicide explosions—one killing 241 American servicemen, mostly Marines, and the other killing 58 French paratroopers—to force the Americans and the French out of Lebanon. It wasn't until ten years later that the first Palestinian suicide bombing took place."

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/15979

And the Jap Kamikazes were suicide bombers too.

So this is not a Muslim invented technique.

Well you need to then go back into history, read about Hizbollah. They are credited for bringing the suicide bombing to middle east, and by the way Hisbollah is a Shia Islamic Party. So this thing basically started by the Shias and not the other way around.

Way in early 80s they did these things, when no one had heard about the suicide bombings.

So it would be better for members to not bring in the Sunni & Shia thing without knowing the facts.

My clear argument before taking it furthure in this thread....

Thanks!!!

Well khan sahib if you go back another 500-600 hundred years during the 2nd and the 3rd crusade then there were the Hashishin also the suicide bombers of their time. But the diff was that they didnt have the bombs but used other means of assassinations. The reason I use their example is that the suicide bomber takes his target out with killing himself. And these hashishin were the same, kill the target and die them selves.

Well khan sahib if you go back another 500-600 hundred years during the 2nd and the 3rd crusade then there were the Hashishin also the suicide bombers of their time. But the diff was that they didnt have the bombs but used other means of assassinations. The reason I use their example is that the suicide bomber takes his target out with killing himself. And these hashishin were the same, kill the target and die them selves.

I agree, but i am talking just in the context of the Muslims as many blame Muslims for this, but without having a knowledge of what suicide bombing is or what a suicidal attack is. The mission is same, but techniques have changed.

An interesting read if someone wishes to see a little deeper and further deeper by more research: Suicide attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This attack in lahore shows us that the Punjab Government is not acting against the crazies in that province. i say this because every body knows that the law minister actually met with an organization that was banned just so that his party can get some votes. PML(N) is playing with fire by courting these guys and the people of Punjab are paying for it.

I agree, but i am talking just in the context of the Muslims as many blame Muslims for this, but without having a knowledge of what suicide bombing is or what a suicidal attack is. The mission is same, but techniques have changed.

An interesting read if someone wishes to see a little deeper and further deeper by more research: Suicide attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Very true, but bhains kay aagay been bajain gay to sirf sans hi phoolay gi!! ;)

This attack in lahore shows us that the Punjab Government is not acting against the crazies in that province. i say this because every body knows that the law minister actually met with an organization that was banned just so that his party can get some votes. PML(N) is playing with fire by courting these guys and the people of Punjab are paying for it.

Well its a way bigger game then just the defence minister or some one. All the people in the punjab gov tight now one way or another are just busy with other cr@p, and I would put the majority of the blame on salman taseer for creating such an atmosphere where every one just has to worry about non imp issues, and with the clown playing dirty politics with every one.

J can you be more specific!!!!!!

I guess you are not reading properly!!!

Learn to read other memebers thoughs before answering so quickly, start from Page one that would help to understand the subject....

I guess you are not reading properly!!!

Learn to read other memebers thoughs before answering so quickly, start from Page one that would help to understand the subject....

Great thank you for a great lesson in cr@p, I asked you a question if you are not smart enough to answer just say so.

Great thank you for a great lesson in cr@p, I asked you a question if you are not smart enough to answer just say so.

You did ask me a question the problem is that I answered, Well lets get back to my question:

Infact I want you to prove to me where did the idea of suicide boming orginated from, was it suni or shia idea? You better answer straight and with some link because your not dealing with some poker hands here. Thanks. Stud!!!

Can you answer that, and ofcourse with some hard link. Then we will feel some equal in this argument.

Thanks.

You did ask me a question the problem is that I answered, Well lets get back to my question:

Infact I want you to prove to me where did the idea of suicide boming orginated from, was it suni or shia idea? You better answer straight and with some link because your not dealing with some poker hands here. Thanks. Stud!!!

Can you answer that, and ofcourse with some hard link. Then we will feel some equal in this argument.

Thanks.

Explosive belts were introduced by the Tamil Tiger group in Sri Lanka.[1] The first use of one was in 1991 when Thenmuli Rajaratnam a.k.a. Gayatri, a Tamil bomber, blew herself up and assassinated the former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.

Explosive belt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To answer your question it is neither a Sunny now a Shia thing. It has been there for many years. Times have changed and like Timi said so did the methods, with the advancement of technology many new ways were invented and it became more deadlier. Still Muslims were not the first one to use this method. In fact you will not find many examples in independent movements in Muslim countries using suicide bombing. People have used it for different purposes. Some times in war many a times to use and spread terror.

Explosive belts were introduced by the Tamil Tiger group in Sri Lanka.[1] The first use of one was in 1991 when Thenmuli Rajaratnam a.k.a. Gayatri, a Tamil bomber, blew herself up and assassinated the former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.

Explosive belt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To answer your question it is neither a Sunny now a Shia thing. It has been there for many years. Times have changed and like Timi said so did the methods, with the advancement of technology many new ways were invented and it became more deadlier. Still Muslims were not the first one to use this method. In fact you will not find many examples in independent movements in Muslim countries using suicide bombing. People have used it for different purposes. Some times in war many a times to use and spread terror.

Again was it sunni or shia? Can you answer?

this is not Taliban.. this is india........India Army support to Taliban...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom