What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
typically 20 ACs..

ty .That means at say $ 70m a pop, a squad would cost 1.4 billion $ . Makes me wonder if India should be paying twice this amount for ONE Rafale ! Would you rather have 2 squadrons of Rafales or 4 of SU-35 ?

well su-35 is good for PAF ..but I know our fighter pilots like Eurofighter aircraft in their hands Russian need a buyer and we need long range machine with BAE system. leet see .

Is China agreed to give Pakistan its 5th Gen J20 Aircrafts , Any contract signed between both countries..???

Is China agreed to give Pakistan its 5th Gen J20 Aircrafts , Any contract signed between both countries..???

Chinese Executive Vice President of aviation industry is giving model of J-31 to PAF chief that means they agrees.. contract will be signed when the J-31 comes to production line which i 6-8 years from now only few prototypes are there and J-31 2.0 prototype is no where
Mr%2BLi%2BYuhai%2Bpresenting%2BJ31%2Bmodel%2Bto%2BCAS.jpg

Chinese Executive Vice President of aviation industry is giving model of J-31 to PAF chief that means they agrees.. contract will be signed when the J-31 comes to production line which i 6-8 years from now only few prototypes are there and J-31 2.0 prototype is no where
That's a Good News....!!!

Are they gonna use the same JF-17 engines in J-31 or its just for prototype?

Are they gonna use the same JF-17 engines in J-31 or its just for prototype?

It was just for the 31001 flying demonstrator. SAC does not qualify that air craft as a prototype. In fact, in reality there isn't any prototype yet. The newer static version being displayed by the company in air shows recently has a few clear differences from what was flown before as 31001.

So now to answer your question ... it is not going to be RD-93. That is why it is still going to take some 8 to 10 years to go into production.

Last edited:
This generation stuff is pretty confusing
True, to be honest I expect it to be. A great military never fully reveals information that could benefit their enemies. As far as I know, I was looking a Horus's Facebook page and saw a comment by him saying that Pakistan will not be looking into 4.5 generation aircraft like the SU-35, Pakistan will go to 5th generation directly (like the Chinese steal aircraft). The post was a bit out of date though (Post date 10 August 2015 - it was a self comment on a post.)

True, to be honest I expect it to be. A great military never fully reveals information that could benefit their enemies. As far as I know, I was looking a Horus's Facebook page and saw a comment by him saying that Pakistan will not be looking into 4.5 generation aircraft like the SU-35, Pakistan will go to 5th generation directly (like the Chinese steal aircraft). The post was a bit out of date though (Post date 10 August 2015 - it was a self comment on a post.)
There is no 5 generation fighter available to us with mature , flying expirence at the moment ?
Thus , we can't wait more 5 years as flying ducks to IAFs sukhois ?
We need at least 2 sqdrns of potent super fighters like SU-35s to fill the gap & cross this time zone ?
& always remember SU-35s are 4+++ generation fighters which has the capability to be upgraded as 5 th generation fighters ?
Our air chief is due to Moscow , let's see what song he sung there ?

Su-35 is a 4.5 gen fighter just like Rafael, EF2000, j-10c, F-16 BLk61, F-15S/SA.I/K super hornet etc.

F-16 blk52+, Su-30MKI, Su-30MKK, F-2 are all 4+ gen fighters

JF-17, Mirage 2000-09, F-16MLU/blk50/52, j-10a, FA-50 are more or less considered 4th gen fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom