What's new

Tamil chat

Vanakkam my Tamil Brothers...Nalla Irakya? Yenna pandriya? Yenna Tamil yenga iraka? :D
Even I understood it. ;)

nan ithu varikum jus read and heard about impositions hindi and no equal rights for diversity.
ana inga konja peru pesina aprom than puiruthu...i'm sick of this guys.

You took it very seriously.

Last edited:
Ootha peekiri paam

ஒத்த பீக்கிறி பாகிஸ்தானி பாம்

Look, we have our own script not borrowed from Sanskrit and those are words loanwords not influence on Tamil language. That doesn't mean Tamil is originated from Sanskrit and don't prove your point that everyone should adopt Hindi.

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&ved=0CDcQFjAD&url=http://aruniyan.wordpress.com/2012/04/21/words-claimed-to-be-sanskrit-origin/&ei=c6_9UunwLcyVrge3zYH4DA&usg=AFQjCNGrGYMtao5UtIUKTWMnbY91SIfkpg&bvm=bv.61190604,d.bmk

and the following are Tamil language words derived in English so is this mean English is influenced by Tamil?

List of English words of Tamil origin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not language freak so don't try to make me to sound like one. Why do you want everyone to adopt Hindi as their main language and want everyone to learn? Tell me how this does justice to " Unity in Diversity". Maybe you Andhra people can adopt to it ( I don't have to state reasons) but don't expect everyone to do same.

You are insecure and self-imposed since Telugu was influenced by Sanskrit, you want every language to be considered to be same. Go preach your propaganda somewhere else.

Last edited:
Look, we have our own script not borrowed from Sanskrit and those are loanwords not influence on Tamil language.

Once again tell me where I said Tamil originated from Sanskrit. Stop repeating the same gibberish comment. Even Vedic Sanskrit have Dravidian substratum and both languages families influenced each others. There is nothing called Sanskrit Script, all Indian writing systems originated from Brahmi Script.

I never said everyone should accept Hindi, I only said Hindi indeed have deep penetration in rest of India whether you like it or not because you may love English in South but in North there is not that much love for English and people will still prefer Hindi over English as lingua franca and nobody can't force North Indians to abandon Hindi as lingua franca. That's why both Hindi and English was kept to keep everyone happy.

Once again tell me where I said Tamil originated from Sanskrit. Stop repeating the same gibberish comment. Even Vedic Sanskrit have Dravidian substratum and both languages families influenced each others. There is nothing called Sanskrit Script, all Indian writing systems originated from Brahmi Script.

I never said everyone should accept Hindi, I only said Hindi indeed have deep penetration in rest of India whether you like it or not because you may love English in South but in North there is not that much love for English and people will still prefer Hindi over English as lingua franca and nobody can't force North Indians to abandon Hindi as lingua franca. That's why both Hindi and English was kept to keep everyone happy.

Now jumped you to conclusion of Hindi and English as lingua franca. But just before you were talking about Hindi as lingua franca and national language, also you wanted commoner in TN to learn Hindi because of your hypothesis that Sanskrit influenced all Dravidian languages.

As you stated Hindi speaking people don't want to learn or make English lingua franca and nobody can force them think Hindi is not lingua franca. Why you do you expect Tamils to accept Hindi as lingua franca? Isn't this hypocrisy?

As you can't force north Indians to learn English, you can't force Tamils to learn Hindi.

Because you're arguing that Tamil originated from sanskrit.

The tamixh we speak today is 50% sanskrit/prakrit.

Google manipravalam,the languages are mixed since a longtime.

Look, we have our own script not borrowed from Sanskrit and those are words loanwords not influence on Tamil language. That doesn't mean Tamil is originated from Sanskrit and don't prove your point that everyone should adopt Hindi.

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&ved=0CDcQFjAD&url=http://aruniyan.wordpress.com/2012/04/21/words-claimed-to-be-sanskrit-origin/&ei=c6_9UunwLcyVrge3zYH4DA&usg=AFQjCNGrGYMtao5UtIUKTWMnbY91SIfkpg&bvm=bv.61190604,d.bmk

and the following are Tamil language words derived in English so is this mean English is influenced by Tamil?

List of English words of Tamil origin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not language freak so don't try to make me to sound like one. Why do you want everyone to adopt Hindi as their main language and want everyone to learn? Tell me how this does justice to " Unity in Diversity". Maybe you Andhra people can adopt to it ( I don't have to state reasons) but don't expect everyone to do same.

You are insecure and self-imposed since Telugu was influenced by Sanskrit, you want every language to be considered to be same. Go preach your propaganda somewhere else.

Telugu/kannada/Tamil has more sanskrit pronunciation and have their own original words also.

Tamil just doesn't have the pronunciation but the mixing of words has been happening even before tamil branched out of the original dramila language.

fact,period.

Now jumped you to conclusion of Hindi and English as lingua franca. But just before you were talking about Hindi as lingua franca and national language, also you wanted commoner in TN to learn Hindi because of your hypothesis that Sanskrit influenced all Dravidian languages.

As you stated Hindi speaking people don't want to learn or make English lingua franca and nobody can force them think Hindi is not lingua franca. Why you do you expect Tamils to accept Hindi as lingua franca? Isn't this hypocrisy?

As you can't force north Indians to learn English, you can't force Tamils to learn Hindi.

all indians want to learn english and most tamils want to learn hindi,atleast a basic udnerstanding.

it helps them a lot and broadens their horizons,all my north indian friends from chennai know tamil properly and i know even some marwaris n lalas settled in tirunelveli who speak tamil as fluently as possible.

such an attitude wont help anyone.

PS: The cholas also spoke a tamizh which was much more sanskritized than what we speak now.

I never said so, it started with when you claimed Pradesh is a Hindi word and ancient name of Telugus 'Andhra' (which is also mentioned in Mahabharata) is also Hindi, infact they are Tatsam words directly taken from Sanskrit. :girl_wacko: And you claimed everyone in India should accept English instead of keeping two languages Hindi and English. The reality is rest of North which is 3/4th of India's population, people will never accept English over Hindi as lingua franca, they learn English only for job opportunities. That's why both English and Hindi were kept to keep everyone happy.

Telugu/kannada/Tamil has more sanskrit pronunciation and have their own original words also.

Tamil just doesn't have the pronunciation but the mixing of words has been happening even before tamil branched out of the original dramila language.

fact,period.

all indians want to learn english and most tamils want to learn hindi,atleast a basic udnerstanding.

it helps them a lot and broadens their horizons,all my north indian friends from chennai know tamil properly and i know even some marwaris n lalas settled in tirunelveli who speak tamil as fluently as possible.

such an attitude wont help anyone.

PS: The cholas also spoke a tamizh which was much more sanskritized than what we speak now.

I know Hindi and completed literature equivalent to BA in Hindi, got it?

I just don't want the attitude of these people who want Hindi everywhere and everyone. Even in republic day parade to showcase "Unity in Diversity" they have written state names in Hindi why not in their respective languages? I'm talking about equal rights here and never asked anyone not learn any specific language.

all I'm saying is we don't need National language or lingua franca as such and your hypothesis about Tamil using sanskrit words, better get some knowledge on that. GOOD LUCK

I have noticed in Tamil many Sanskrit words had been modified like 'th' replaced with 'dh', 'sh' replaced just s or making the letter 'h' silent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom