What's new

Tejas aircraft capability to be enhanced

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tejas-aircraft-capability-to-be-enhanced/article20398063.ece

THJC-REPUBLICDAYPARADEREHEARSAL

In the face of the Air Force raising questions about the capability of the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas, the government is now aiming to install capability enhancements and speed up the rate of production.

“The production of Tejas Mk-1A will begin in 2019. Most of the 43 improvements have already been made and the tender process to install an Advanced Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar and Self-Protection Jammer is under way. A refuelling probe would also be added to increase range,” a source said.

While the design cannot be changed and endurance improved as it is powered by the GE-404 engine, the enhancements will increase the capability of the aircraft, the source said. The IAF had told the government that Tejas did not meet its requirements. IAF was in the process of issuing a tender for the procurement of 100 jets through the Strategic partnership mode, for which the contenders were Lockheed F-16 and SAAB Gripen. Lockheed had tied up with Tata group and SAAB with the Adani group to build them locally if selected.

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) was undertaking the enhancements and was in the process of setting up another assembly line at a cost of ₹130 crore to increase production rate from the present eight to 16. The second line would be ready by 2019 when Mk-1A began production, the source stated.

How can they enhance a non-existent thing? The Tejas is only a concept at the moment, with a couple of prototypes delivered to a development team of the IAF. This is not enhancement. This is only development.

40 years what? Did ADA even exist than? Arjun or Tejas isnt rejected, you're going to see regular reports by lobbies in the media as these tenders are going about, with import lobbies trying to make their mark. This is a regular cycle when even there is some sort of contention

As per my information, the ADA was created at the start of the Tejas development to lead the design effort. Both the Arjun and the Tejas have been effectively rejected by the Indian armed forces. It was only vicious arm twisting by the Indian government which forced them to be ordered in limited quantities. The proof is that 40 Tejas were ordered in 2006, and only 4 have been delivered in 9 years till 2017. As for the Arjun MBT, almost all of the fleet is under maintenance because of its extremely poor design and build quality.

Indians can delude themselves into thinking that these issues are the fault of someone else. Day dreaming will not change the reality.

Wake up son.

You idiots keep knocking on Tejas and Arjun, do you even know what's in contention? It's several of India's private firms competing to produce a FRCV/FICV and a single engine bird, I would be begging for a OFB built Arjun or a HAL produced Tejas if I were you. :lol: Have fun with the thought of TATAs, Reliances, Adanis, L&Ts, Mahindras, etc, etc, etc. producing a MIC in India. You were blessed with lethargic, incompetent PSUs since independence.

You habitual liars have been shouting from the top of every tower about your so called indigenous projects, whereas India has failed every time in spite of incorporating foreign equipment in each important area. We have never claimed any project as an indigenous. Our projects provide results, not just claims.

You habitual liars have been shouting from the top of every tower about your so called indigenous projects, whereas India has failed every time in spite of incorporating foreign equipment in each important area. We have never claimed any project as an indigenous. Our projects provide results, not just claims.

Habitual lying about what? Where are you even getting those sources of so-and-so indigenous content, or value of foreign content in whatever project in India, from which lobbies what to spin?? It's from Indian sources themselves. Every failure you fools love to make fun about, are straight from Indian sources.

Fooling yourself is thinking you guys have some sophisticated aero and defence industry when practically you have nothing else to speak of.

Your own spokesman said there is only 30-35% Pakistani content in your own AK, I dont care about what internet user gotta say about this, I will take it straight from a PA, HIT spokesmen over any of you. If you wanna take some Indian media outlets on Arjun, Tejas, you better be ready to take that source straight from the factory that makes that Chinese rehash.

You were even shown importing first tier modules of your JF17 directly from China, even finding out your own senior JV partner took help from the Russians in the 90s on that very program, delusion is thinking you guys did anything significant today, let alone in the 90s when the Chinese themselves asked for Russian assistance. Even simple certifications are done by your friend in China, please, no one buys any of your garbage, but delusional users. The non-delusional ones just stay quiet.

Last edited:
hi brother , i never blame anyone , but asked you to not to defame HAL which is prestigious organization of Bharat . people are same in our country there is tallent in both countries which is obvious and natural , pakistan and Bharat are same, people are same , their priorities and expectations are same . but only difference is , here some people sabotage indigenous efforts which is not there in pakistan , correct me if i am wrong . and the point in question is defense purchases .
HAL till date got
17tejas-graphic.jpg

see the amount and in return what India got, if this amount sectioned to our PAC, now we have fifth gen fighter. 1983 and still going on with no operations sqrd. This is very serious matter

HAL till date got
17tejas-graphic.jpg

see the amount and in return what India got, if this amount sectioned to our PAC, now we have fifth gen fighter. 1983 and still going on with no operations sqrd. This is very serious matter

Tejas' development timeline.

Start.....WIP......WIP......WIP.....RIP :angel:

Last edited:
Habitual lying about what? Where are you even getting those sources of so-and-so indigenous content, or value of foreign content in whatever project in India, from which lobbies what to spin?? It's from Indian sources themselves. Every failure you fools love to make fun about, are straight from Indian sources.

Fooling yourself is thinking you guys have some sophisticated aero and defence industry when practically you have nothing else to speak of.

Your own spokesman said there is only 30-35% Pakistani content in your own AK, I dont care about what internet user gotta say about this, I will take it straight from a PA, HIT spokesmen over any of you. If you wanna take some Indian media outlets on Arjun, Tejas, you better be ready to take that source straight from the factory that makes that Chinese rehash.

You were even shown importing first tier modules of your JF17 directly from China, even finding out your own senior JV partner took help from the Russians in the 90s on that very program, delusion is thinking you guys did anything significant today, let alone in the 90s when the Chinese themselves asked for Russian assistance. Even simple certifications are done by your friend in China, please, no one buys any of your garbage, but delusional users. The non-delusional ones just stay quiet.

Habitual lying about the status of every project of India, your own imagined superiority and your allegations against other people. Your own comment is a prime example of Indian lunacy. When the engine is foreign, when the radars are foreign, when the systems are foreign, when the weapons are foreign, what source do you need to confirm that?? India cannot hide this! However, unlike Pakistan who has never claimed anything more than it really was, India makes tall claims and then starts believing its own propaganda.

Pakistan didn't make the JF-17 locally. It was a part of a JV with China. But it has 100 of those serving with the PAF now. India could only deliver 5 units of its "indigenous" project, and that was only 9 years after the first order was placed. Perhaps India should've followed Pakistan's path instead of failing at its domestic projects. We have a plane. You have only excuses.

You should wake up now. Day dreaming is the hallmark of a fool. India is unique because it is an entire nation of fools.

Last edited:
Well If this aircraft had come 10 years back it would have made a difference.

IAF wanted to have 1000 matches in a small matchbox and the ADA promised they can. Who is at fault here?

The LCA is a good aircraft but it dosent have the range and payload capability that a modern aircraft requires.

The IAF needs more multirole aircrafts that can go deep inside enemy territory and strike, but at the same time take care of itself.

IAF wanted to have 1000 matches in a small matchbox and the ADA promised they can. Who is at fault here?

The LCA is a good aircraft but it dosent have the range and payload capability that a modern aircraft requires.

The IAF needs more multirole aircrafts that can go deep inside enemy territory and strike, but at the same time take care of itself.

I think the Tejas in its current form is more capable than the MIG-21. The IAF should just induct it and improve on the designs as it moves on, just like what the PAF has done.

Delaying it means the Tejas development suffers, the IAF continues using old obsolete planes, the IAF loses strength and ultimately India pays billions of dollars to induct an imported jet. Unfortunately for India, it looks like the IAF is stuck in a form of "analysis-paralysis" and just cannot get over ordering shiny planes.

Indian army Navy air Force all rejected tejas.i think they want improvement because drdo scientists wants to fly these planes in case of war lol.tejas is a plane which needs protection of other planes lol.

I think the Tejas in its current form is more capable than the MIG-21. The IAF should just induct it and improve on the designs as it moves on, just like what the PAF has done.

Delaying it means the Tejas development suffers, the IAF continues using old obsolete planes, the IAF loses strength and ultimately India pays billions of dollars to induct an imported jet. Unfortunately for India, it looks like the IAF is stuck in a form of "analysis-paralysis" and just cannot get over ordering shiny planes.

Well that is already happening. But not anymore MK2 or MK3 or MKns....IAF needs to get its priorities straight in AMCA and not act like a kid in a toy shop. And ADA must be the middle class parent and ask the kid to shut up.

The Tejas in its current form is adequate for 20 years. The world will then move to fifth gen aircrafts.

it dosent have the range and payload capability that a modern aircraft requires.
Nonsense.

Yes, hence the acquisition of Su30 MKIs and Rafale.
Tejas is a MiG 21 replacement and neither of the above can do that economically.

hi brother , i never blame anyone , but asked you to not to defame HAL which is prestigious organization of Bharat . people are same in our country there is tallent in both countries which is obvious and natural , pakistan and Bharat are same, people are same , their priorities and expectations are same . but only difference is , here some people sabotage indigenous efforts which is not there in pakistan , correct me if i am wrong . and the point in question is defense purchases .
What same same bhayyajee,,r u confusing Republic of India with some land where only northIndians live??
@bhutjolokia here we go again,,bhayyalove
north Indians may have same same with Pakistan but we NE ppl have as mch similarity wid Pakistanis as we have wid Nigerians.
N as far as ur conspiracy theory abt sabotaging indigenous project goes,,,well ,is it supposed to be a joke?
nobody needs to sabotage nethng,,DPSU's r themselves competent enough to fck up monumentally n tht is probably the only thing they have been doing consistently.
Its actually hilarious seeing ppl defending likes of HAL n DRDO.
These govt. institutions like evry other govt undertaking,r nothng more thn white elephants,,call them chai biskut org,jawahar rozgar yojna or whatever.
Just dont expect anythng worthy frm thm.
When ur child or parents gets ill do u go for the govt hospital or u run to some private setup?do u send ur kids to govt schools?would u use desi medicines knowing they r below par just to help desi pharmaceuticals?
Hey everybody will agree tht an indigenous pharma industry is many times more important thn indigenous military industrial complex.well i already knw the answer,,no need of reply.
Just remember jo baccha dus bar cheating karke bhi matric exam pass nahi kar paya uss se ye ummid na rakho ke wo Phd kar lega.

Nonsense.

Yes, hence the acquisition of Su30 MKIs and Rafale.
Tejas is a MiG 21 replacement and neither of the above can do that economically.
Well it makes sense.

It is no longer called as a dogfight...it has turned into a knife fight in a telephone booth. I want the LCA inducted now and no further upgrades to the existing airframe. It is waste of time.

I want the manpower to be pooled into AMCA. Period. Tinkering with LCA is no longer viable and is just waste of money and time. Money can be earned but time which is once lost will not come back.

The Chinese already have 2 5th gen programs and are racing ahead. All we have is a 1:1 model that is undergoing testing.

The LCA MK2 is being mishandled as always. I suggest it to be made into a naval version first and adapted to an airforce version. That will save a lot of time and money. You don't need two teams for that working on different projects.

Habitual lying about the status of every project of India, your own imagined superiority and your allegations against other people. Your own comment is a prime example of Indian lunacy. When the engine is foreign, when the radars are foreign, when the systems are foreign, when the weapons are foreign, what source do you need to confirm that?? India cannot hide this! However, unlike Pakistan who has never claimed anything more than it really was, India makes tall claims and then starts believing its own propaganda.

You can say the same thing about Gripen out of a more sophisticated aerospace industry. India, however, can do whatever it wants with the IP, if it want to replace the engine with a Karevi demo, it can. If it want to replace the radar with a homemade one, it can. There is no OEM bureaucracy regarding the platform itself. India is the one certifying the bird from LEH to Chennai. If Indian industry at the moment cant produce certain subsystems, nothing wrong with taking it from international vendors, India isnt the only country that practices that.

However, unlike Pakistan who has never claimed anything more than it really was, India makes tall claims and then starts believing its own propaganda.

Right, you rename and parade rehashed Chinese drones and tanks claim as Pakistani, then you find out from the factory that makes it that it's only 30-35% homegrown, though this is a good achievement.

Perhaps India should've followed Pakistan's path instead of failing at its domestic projects. We have a plane. You have only excuses.

What? License production? India's been doing this for a long time.

Dont COMPARE PAF with IAF induction doctrine

Apples to ORANGES

what your call JV thunders programmes for China & PAF = JV license build of over 240 su30mki Today as we speak for indian air force FROM Russia

If China stops supplyig the kits for thunders your programme finishes

For every Thunder arriving in PAF the equal of $16 million dollars is paid to CHINA out of your pockets straight to chinease economy

Tejas is here to stay and 40 will Join before 2020 guaranteed

Look, nobody cares whose at fault. Its an Indian problem u guys have to deal with it.

However, judging by the amount of bragging done. I am sure its a non issue :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom