What's new

Tejas(LCA)- Setting the record straight

Macmahon.

Why are you talking Useless Stuff.

LCA is and has b een a massive Success.

India is a albeit a very large country STILL a developing country.

To produce a indengious 4 generation fighter with fbw, composites, data link and glass cockpit is a great result.

There is a entire industrial base set up to go on and produce 5th gen fighters more helicopters like dhruv & light attack heli,s.

" This is not a piggy back on a cheap low tech project from chengdu"

This is a true indian fighter.

Not a assembly job with kits from china

Looks familiar but is not the Rafale, that's a model of the BAE P106B as far as I could find out. It is one of the early design concepts from BAE for the Eurofighter, but they went with a twin engine fighter and it is believed that this design was proposed to Saab and HAL instead:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Any Drawings of pre-Eurofighter BAe Design Studies? P.96, P.106, P.110 or ACA? - Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums

France was also a part of EFT project. So maybe Rafale does share something in common with it. What do you think?

" This is not a piggy back on a cheap low tech project from chengdu"

This is a true indian fighter.

Not a assembly job with kits from china

Cost effective my friend... at 28 million per unit it costs 7 million more than LCA.

The LCA is a success no doubt, but Changdu J-10 isn't??? Open your eyes man!

I've always found your posts ignorant!

Cost effective my friend... at 28 million per unit it costs 7 million more than LCA.

The LCA is a success no doubt, but Changdu J-10 isn't??? Open your eyes man!

I've always found your posts ignorant!

The chinese are askin 35-37 million per unit for it.
PAF wants the price reduced.

Wat does J10 have to do with the TEJAS programme

J10 is a great warplane i love it FANTASTIC FOR CHINA for developing this awesome looking plane

France was also a part of EFT project. So maybe Rafale does share something in common with it. What do you think?

No doubt that they had their part to the EF too, but this concept was from BAE. When you compare the EF and older Mirage versions, I would say the fuselage could be French origin, the position of the the gear bays for example:

EF
MM7276_LIRS_060807_landing.jpg

MM55129_LIRS_060807_landing.jpg

Mirage 2000
450-Dassault_Mirage_2000-N_Farnborough.jpg

Mirage 4000
N001-12.jpg

Wat does J10 have to do with the TEJAS programme

J10 is a great warplane i love it FANTASTIC FOR CHINA for developing this awesome looking plane

Then what were you implying by... "This is not a piggy back on a cheap low tech project from chengdu" ?

That is for J-10B!!!
With AESA, IRST, DSI etc. J-10A costs 28 mill

Sir I highly doubt an AESA J10A for $ 28 million. If that is the case it will put the Americans and the Russians out of Business :undecided:.

Can you provide a source that says an AESA equipped J10A will be available for 28 million?

31 years of testing should be enough, if you really want to sure another 31 may definately do it for sure.

Nothing to deny the fact that long time has been taken for LCA... but eventually the lesson that we learnt during this time can not be matched with anything but a huge platform and technological base on which we will ride for the next multiple decades... take an example of our ever expanding IT industry... which took us 30 years(even more as TCS started in 60s) to reach where we are now....and for us now sky is the limit.... you also should remember the humble beginning we made in space and now reaching for moon... so take a deep breath and watch us reaching the zenith... neighbor's envy ,owner's pride ...:bunny::cheers:

Back
Top Bottom