What's new

Ten reasons why India will not and must not become a superpower

Indians are getting killed everyday by the Indian government too, & you accuse Pakistan of killing your people all the time.

It is the duty of every legitimate government to protect their citizens from those who does not believe in the law of the land and resort to terrorism to achieve their goals even if they belong to one of us. Indian govt is only doing this by terminating Kashmiri militants or Maoists. In Pakistan you may make back door deals with the rebels but not in India.

If a foreign country succeeds in its nefarious objectives in India, I would also blame my Govt for not protecting me when in need and no Govt in its sane mind would allow other powers to do illegal activities in their homeland. However in Pakistan your own Govt is abetting US in carrying out their drone attacks against Pakistani citizens with impunity. These drone attacks will stop the minute you will put your foot down and stand up to US but your establishment is even powerless to do that. What purpose does your armed forces and your entire establishment have if they cannot even protect their citizens from foreign aggression.

Indians are getting killed everyday by the Indian government too, & you accuse Pakistan of killing your people all the time.

I am not sure what you mean!

Just because there are ethnic killings in Pakistan, would you say that Davis or the drones killing Pakistanis is OK?

Just because Iran Iraq war killed more than a million, the GW2 war casualties don't matter.

Just because Muslims kill the maximum number of Muslims, it is OK for others to kill them?'

What are you on about?

I think India is only one reasons: Local govt power is too strong, and central govt power is too weak, it led to the low efficiency and other reasons.

I think India is only one reasons: Local govt power is too strong, and central govt power is too weak, it led to the low efficiency and other reasons.

No, that is not the reason.

In fact, central planning has failed everywhere. It failed in USSR and it failed in India for more than 4 decades.

Empowered and efficient local governance can deliver the best results. They allow you to innovate as per local needs. Of course you can adapt the best practices from other places.

That's actually a good thing (in reality though center is quite strong and states should be empowered even more)

A strong center will work in countries like China, but not for a culturally diverse country country like India. If forcefully implemented it could even be suicidal.We have an example in Pakistan. One of the reasons for breaking up of East Pakistan is said to be the the strong central govt with its capital in West Pakistan. The Bengalis in East Pakistan felt left out of the decision making process and the rest is history.

Current India's status is a regional power or a respected power.
India should become a formidable power like china today before thinking of superpower. Its a step by step process without any shortcuts. I think APJ's dream of India becoming a knowledge superpower by 2020 is realistic. We have average standard of living so we are an average country , once we have a super standard of living then we can be a superpower country. Military cannot be an index for a country's strength

if you have your love, money and Family then even country like Zimbawe looks heaven !! who needs superpower status i would be more happy if we become country like Finland !!

That's the problem. Can a country the size of India or China achieve that standard of living without being a military superpower?
We do live in a world of finite resources.

Of course it can. What according to you prevents this? Asia is like Europe was 50 years ago - all egoistic nations fed nationalistic lies about their own superiority but I doubt a war on the scale of the World War would take place to stuff some sense into the general population about the futility of weapons.

Personally I don't think India wants to become a super power in the first place. Being a strong regional power like China with a big economical and military backbone is suffice. When people speak of super power, they tend to think somewhere along the lines of military power and projection. This is not to the interest of any peaceful nation. Countries ill bent on the idea of global hegemony will never last and we've seen enough of that already; Rome, British, Soviet empire and now America is heading towards the same direction due to over stretching themselves militarily coupled with slow economical growth and ill planned spending. Name means little when the people and the country is suffering.

Today's superpower is tomorrow's leaf in the wind.

India CANNOT be a superpower because jealous Pakistanis are *surprise!*....JEALOUS...-.-

===== self delete=======

....must.not.make.flame.baits.

Back
Top Bottom