What's new

Terrorists destroy Mosque, kill Namazis during Jumaah Prayers

Denial, a river in Egypt?? You decide

Editorial: Jamrud attack: read the message!

A mosque housing nearly 300 people who were saying their Friday prayers was attacked by a suicide-bomber, killing 70 and crippling 125. The reaction of the political agent of Khyber was that “the attackers could not be Muslims because Muslims would never attack a mosque and that a Muslim would never spill the blood of a Muslim, especially when he was saying his namaz”. This statement flies against the worldwide evidence of Muslims at sectarian and national war with and against each other in many different places and at different times in history. Most regrettably, the conclusion thereafter drawn by some TV anchors was that a “foreign” non-Muslim power had staged the attack to destabilise Pakistan. Of course, one can only read “India” into this allegation, which is not very original.

The political agent said something else of interest without making the necessary connections himself, possibly for reasons of simplicity of mind or just fear. He said the attack came because the mosque was next to the checkpost of Baghiari and that among the people killed were many “khasadars”, or local levies, standing guard at the checkpost, a number of whom had been killed in the attack while praying. Later, a government official, who was less opaque about what had happened, clearly accused the Taliban of having done the job in retaliation against a recent operation by the khasadars and other security personnel targeting a militant group in Khyber that owed allegiance to Baitullah Mehsud, the self-proclaimed leader of the Tehreek-e Taliban Pakistan.

When Pakistanis say that “Muslims can’t do this or that” in or out of Pakistan, they are being hypocritical. There are all sorts of Muslims, moderates and extremists, Sufis and Wahabis, and so on. The fact also is that some sorts of Muslims have been killing other sorts of Muslims from Algeria to Iraq to Afghanistan and Pakistan for the past two decades. They dynamite sacred mausoleums, they blow up mosques and routinely kill other Muslims in the act of praying. What is happening in Pakistan today is serious violence against the state of Pakistan by local warlords who are affiliated with the Taliban who in turn are linked up with Al Qaeda. We may have weak resolve to take on the enemy but there is no validity in the assertion that we don’t know who is killing us.
I think such comments like "They can never be Muslims" helps embarrass these groups and their popularity amongst locals dwindles when they SEE them acting against Islam and blowing up Islamic buildings. Otherwise Shias and Sunnis have targeted each other's mosques for a long time. However no indication yet of any sectarianism over here.

I do think the grunt involved in the suicide attack WAS associated with these terrorists groups of ours. But going after them is like trimming the branches of a bad fruit tree. The next few batches would still be bad. You need to chop it off from the roots.

I don't think its the CIA or something like that.

1) They don't gain a tactical advantage.
2) If we do buy the theory that they are working to reduce Pakistan to that map they once made, then this doesn't really help their resolve as it has sort of united the people of Pakistan.

India on the other hand just wants to keep Pakistan boiling. The best situation for India is not a stable Pakistan, nor a collapsed one. They need a Pakistan that is always simmering. The mosque was a Jamia mosque of an obscure border town. There were much bigger targets in Pakistan where the security just isn't any better. It fits.

Its a border town. Meaning there would be an Indian terrorist camp near by.

I think such comments like "They can never be Muslims" helps embarrass these groups

Presumably you "think" this because you have evaluated evidence that suggests this "embarrasment??? And what evidence might that be?? Exactly what kindsof people are terrorists that we can "embarrass" them??

India on the other hand just wants to keep Pakistan boiling...The mosque was a Jamia mosque of an obscure border town. There were much bigger targets in Pakistan where the security just isn't any better. It fits.

We do not wish to be unkind, but we would be unkind if we did not point out that speaking from both sides of the mouth is unhelpful and reflects bad manners.

Presumably you "think" this because you have evaluated evidence that suggests this "embarrasment??? And what evidence might that be?? Exactly what kindsof people are terrorists that we can "embarrass" them??

We do not wish to be unkind, but we would be unkind if we did not point out that speaking from both sides of the mouth is unhelpful and reflects bad manners.
You're concerned about addressing the problem of a terrorist grunt. I want to hit the mastermind, the boss, the big mama terrorist leading that grunt.

There is no reason why we can't go after these terror organizations on our territory and go after those terrorists' sponsors with the same vigor. In fact I'm no where suggesting that we go after India only and give a free hand to these guys. Till these guys exist, India's involvement exists. Till Indian involvement exists, these guys exist.

You need to kill both threats to Pakistan, not one.

Those wondering about why india is in afghanistan and then concluding that indians carried out the attack, well they r just believing what suits them.

1) Barring the pakistan sponsored taliban occupation of afghanistan, india has always had good relations with the afghans.

2) India is part of a very wide coalition of nations working on afghan reconstruction.

3) India seeks access to central asian energy through iran - afghanistan. We have just built and handed over a road connecting the two. its a road, not a buddha statue, yet for some uncanny reason the taliban kept attacking our road workers and killing so many of them, i wonder why... and we r their masters... stilll...

The talib monster is known to turn on the master... but hey, u know that.

Last edited:
Those wondering about why india is in afghanistan and then concluding that indians carried out the attack, well they r just believing what suits them.

1) Barring the pakistan sponsored taliban occupation of afghanistan, india has always had good relations with the afghans.

2) India is part of a very wide coalition of nations working on afghan reconstruction.

3) India seeks access to central asian energy through iran - afghanistan. We have just built and handed over a road connecting the two. its a road, not a buddha statue, yet for some uncanny reason the taliban kept attacking our road workers and killing so many of them, i wonder why... and we r their masters... stilll...

yeah right...

Just a coincidence why we have arrested scores of Indians trying to infiltrate through the Afghan-Pak border

It is evident Asim, that you want to pin all the terrorist violence going on in Pakistan on India. First you implied that RAW did it directly, then when others mentioned otherwise, you started on those who funded/supported/whatever'rd the terrorists who did this crime.

I think its about time, you step back, and take a look at Pakistan. 90% of what is happening there has got nothing related to India. From peace deals, to Shariah to TTP, and whatnot, those things dont have India involved.

When contradicted as to why Pakistan does not goto international forums and avenues with proof and get the alleged Indian organizations banned, if they have been found to be guilty, you conveniently blame the Pakistani Govt as being corrupt/inefficient/etc/etc.

Pakistan is digging a grave for itself by being weak in front of these terrorists, and you, to put it mildly, are looking the other way. If proof does emerge that it was India, i would be supporting the banning of these organizations, and if GoI is found involved, i would demand the resignation of the Minister under whom RAW falls. But it seems unlikely.

I really wont try to argue with this one on you, Its your country, and you would be affected more, its high time, you put SOME blame on your own countries policies and not think its a global conspiracy against Pakistan. Again, at the end of the day-its your nation, not mine..what you say counts, what i say doesnt, and you have to live in it.

Last edited:
yeah right...

Just a coincidence why we have arrested scores of Indians trying to infiltrate through the Afghan-Pak border

Unsubstantiated claims. your govt / army has not gone public. they have not raised the issue with india. have not given access to these 'amar singhs' to anyone.

basically such claims have been made to fool your gullible public, and by mistake u fell for it too :)

answer for u

And now you have beocme a helping hand for them, used to be pakistani sponsored by now Indian, as S2 mentioned abt $100,000,000 amount spent by u in Afghanistan.

threr is no point of u being in Afghanistan, if u seeks energy, the iran, Pakistan route is just fine, or Iran-India if u can, would do the job, why to central asia? what do they have which this region does not posses? and other energy requirments are filled by yanks, so dont u worry.

if u require trade, and building a road, thinking that it will reamin the low cost will keept its absolute/comparitive advantage, then dont u tell me u havet worked out the fesibility, and u people are dumb enough, even by air can do the job.

go to somalia, which can be classed as actual failed state, ur Yanks r in Afghnistan, they will take care, ahh but u want other destabilisation stuff to carry out, u r more than welcome, but dont forget things will have repurcussions , will get out of ur hand(mumbai stuff), n then u will be in mess as we are, then we will have abundent consulates built, to give u a little more taste. :partay:

It is evident Asim, that you want to pin all the terrorist violence going on in Pakistan on India. First you implied that RAW did it directly, then when others mentioned otherwise, you started on those who funded/supported/whatever'rd the terrorists who did this crime.

I think its about time, you step back, and take a look at Pakistan. 90% of what is happening there has got nothing related to India. From peace deals, to Shariah to TTP, and whatnot, those things dont have India involved.

When contradicted as to why Pakistan does not goto international forums and avenues with proof and get the alleged Indian organizations banned, if they have been found to be guilty, you conveniently blame the Pakistani Govt as being corrupt/inefficient/etc/etc.

Pakistan is digging a grave for itself by being weak in front of these terrorists, and you, to put it mildly, are looking the other way. If proof does emerge that it was India, i would be supporting the banning of these organizations, and if GoI is found involved, i would demand the resignation of the Minister under whom RAW falls. But it seems unlikely.

I really wont try to argue with this one on you, Its your country, and you would be affected more, its high time, you put SOME blame on your own countries policies and not think its a global conspiracy against Pakistan. Again, at the end of the day-its your nation, not mine..what you say counts, what i say doesnt, and you have to live in it.

look mate, dont take us as a baby sitter, u know well what do we mean by sponsoring terririost activities, if u dont, then here is the explanation.

ur consulates r using poor people to their advantage. this is what we mean by RAW sponsor. this does not imply that u bring Raw agent all the way from India, infiltrate him from border, n ask him to do the dirty work for u, this would be the dumbest idea to think of in first place.

but i agree that all the activites are not sponsored by u, and we dont blame some of the activities carried out by terririost prior to ur consulates. definately the fire is out of control and now u are adding petrol to it. this is what sposoring is.

hope u will come out baby sitting mode, n will not break n intermingle the statements to ur advantage.

u made the strategy to be with Yanks to pressurise Pakistan to do more by ur own presence, but we went opposite, and tried strucking deals with them. this is reality, if we r digging graves, u better stay out ot it, dont step in, u will be victim to it. we know r people better then u do

Maybe off topic but i am sick of this madness.
I was thinking that recently some bombers were caught as well.
Was anything made public.
To my knowledge i have not found anything official that is conclusion of a comprehensive inquiry into the barrage of suicide bombings.
With some arrests and investigations do we still not feel confident to declare what we are facing.

Why the **** are we sweeping everything under the carpet.
Our people deserve some truth as to the dangers facing us and the rings/ring leaders responsible.
No pro west or anti west bullshit but just plain old truth would do.

A very clever information war needs to be fought against these miscreants but sadly i do not see even a minor cohesive effort on part of government and agencies to malign the instigators of such attacks in the mass media and attach some names and groups to these acts and build up genuine anger/hate against these groups so that when we deal with them (with EXTREME PREJUDICE) no one can sway the people's minds that we are fighting our own people and ARMY is engaged in some other nation's war against Muslims.
This is our war and the opponents are utterly without mercy and humanity.

Still it is sad that our military operations do not have the support of our entire nation.
We need to turn the tide and for that we need a massive anti militant campaign involving mass media propaganda of the cleverest sort.

Definitely, what we need is constructive action to be taken, we need this issue to be addressed and what that requires is an analysis of the facts which itself requires an investigation.

But it seems our leaders are either too distracted, too narrow-sighted, or too compromised in their positions especially in their relation to the military that has a confusing relationship of its own with militants, mercenaries, warlords, whatever they are (and what does cause terrorism to be the choice of so many young men?)

I mean, i've never seen till date in the newspaper anything other than lip service about fixing the problem. In a related note the President is signing about two ordinances for every law parliament passes. Now we know that Zardari isn't signing ordinances relevant to sustainable development, pollution, or a host of other domestic problems, and is infact busy with political imbroglio at the moment, in the face of all this, if parliament is only passing about one law, it would follow that possibly the issue isnt being considered as serious...:what:

yeah right...

yeah?but like a good neighbor that you are you'd not want to tarnish india's image in the eye of the world by disclosing their identities and proving their nationality and their heinous motives...right?
well we love you too...!

Last edited:
believe me an unstable nuclear pakistan is our worst nightmare!
the idea of the whole nuclear chain of command in pakistan getting disrupted is every indian's worst nightmare!
and RAw works for india...so would be of the same opinion...you find comfort in putting the blame on india...it's like us blaming you for the gujarat riots!

Oh yeah to whatever you said! Whatever makes you happy....

Pakistan has been suffering religious turmoil among the Shias and the Sunnis. They both are Muslim sects but due to some disagreement over who holds the reigns of Islam, they are calling each other heretics and having a go at each other. Taliban are mostly Sunnis practicisng the harshest interpretation of Islam...the Wahhabi tradition like the Saudis. This goes against the sufi influence on Islam in the subcontinent. So according to them, people practicing any other interpretation of Islam are a fair target!!

if your a terrorist my friend, even your mother is a target.
I wouldn't consider these muslim terrorists.... muslim per se
They're obviously brainwashed, prone to suicide, displaced people
some of them are even mercenaries

yeah?but like a good neighbor that you are you'd not want to tarnish india's image in the eye of the world by disclosing their identities and proving their nationality and their heinous motives...right?
well we love you too...!

LMAO!! (ten characters)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom