What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

just some wishes and things we need

for turkey it is nessesary to have an air superiority fighter.. we are sourrounded by enemies or maniacs or both..

TFX should have more role on air superiority than ground missions, better radars and better air to air missles than what we have are urgently needed

we should let hürjet and UACAV do the ground part for 70%

I have been wondering about a very light fifth gen fighter like F-5 Freedom Fighter or Gripen size. @cabatli_53
Is this possible? It would be cheaper to produce than a bigger fighter, and could still be very capable.

How would you install such heavy mission and optic sensor, self protection suits and munition payloads to sustain a hunter-bomber operation while bigger competitors TF-X have to cope with, having a length of 19-20m hosting 360 degree sensor and radar coverage to protect themselves from any threat coming from any angle. The aerial wars are not the one where they were carried out 10 years ago. The physic works same way for all nations so If you want to develop a good multi-role fighter jet, Yoo do not have much choice in terms of size If you do not want to sacrifice any vital features. Chine did it with 22-23m, Russia catched train with 22m, Turkey is planning to do same with 21m, while US is leading with 19m.

After witnessing the delivery of the S-400, I am going to make a prediction about the TFX.

The TFX will use Saturn AL-31.

I will leave this comment here as a note.

Small correction before its too late: Saturn AL-31 or a derivative of it.

Last edited:
I think everything will be more clear once the S400 is deployed and operational. Until then I see the post as an attempt to secure gloating rights in the future.

I think perhaps we have better chances of getting know-how from Ukraine than Russia. But we'll see :)

I bet my money on GE-110 modification or a new engine based on it.

Why not RR?

who knows where Brit politics ends up after Brexit.

europeans are gonna take the opportunity of US sanctions and hit us from the side because of cyprus drillings..

lets see saturn AL-31F M2 could also be good engine to get along with but I do not think we would not get some or really weak tech transfer..

Why not RR?

who knows where Brit politics ends up after Brexit.
I think RR is not even an option anymore. They already abandoned the tender after failing to reach an agreement.

It was always clear that Turkey could get a better deal from Russia in terms of price, tot and freedom. The only thing hindering it was lack of precedent. But now that S-400 happened that is not the case anymore.

Besides, TFX’s description almost exactly points to Saturn AL-31. It may be my conspiracy theorist side speaking but that cant be a coincidence. Plus I find it suspicious that TAI is conveniently silent about the engine issue despite the fact that the project has advanced so far.

I think RR is not even an option anymore. They already abandoned the tender after failing to reach an agreement.

It was always clear that Turkey could get a better deal from Russia in terms of price, tot and freedom. The only thing hindering it was lack of precedent. But now that S-400 happened that is not the case anymore.

Besides, TFX’s description almost exactly points to Saturn AL-31. It may be my conspiracy theorist side speaking but that cant be a coincidence. Plus I find it suspicious that TAI is conveniently silent about the engine issue despite the fact that the project has advanced so far.

yeah, but lets be real it was political decision, nothinh else then that. Nritis BAE is still part of the project if Im not mistaken? cirmustances change, political ones often, new deal may be cross the desks of diplomatic close dore meatings . Who knows. They cited Qatar involvemnt as a dealbreaker, maybe they change their minds when the realities of Brexit hits and that Qatari money has some giant sway. Not to mention, that the British have some big problems in funding for their aerospace projects. I remeber their analasyst citing particivpation in TFX as a way for UK to hold jobs and not be let behind in R&D by the French and Germans, US. Cause they dont have funding gor their gen X fighter. It was noticable that UK was left out from europea fighter 5gen project by Grench . Germany.

If its Saturn in the end I assume you guys are gonna try to modify it, to look for ways to upgrade it and make it more efficent is possible. Cause its a good engine, but not good enough for 5gen. The way it is, now. Of course I may be wrong, Im in no way an expert. Just some thoughts

Guys Russian engines have a muuuuuch shorter lifetime than American or British engines.

If it's a Russian engine in the end than at least their new AL-41F (which is a heavily modified AL-31, but i don't know if they improved the quality of material), TEI should start R&D of new superalloys.

The engine is the most hardest part of an 5th Gen. fighter, we can't afford dumb mistakes here.

they do. they also burn more fuel. And when designed those two paramaters warent priorities. Russians have all the oil they can burn on low cost. And being cheaper to produce in high wuantities they warent so much focused on making it more durable. I dont know..

Im basing this on their other systems, like armor, helis and others... where the designes of those also had in mind those details.

Just read, Trump decided not to deliver F-35s to Turkey.

Anyone else with News?

I would say Pentagon decided, Trump would sell those F-35 with a satisfied smile.

Good that we not get them, i wouldn't anyway great more than the ordered 30 F-35, only shame is the loss of benefits from industrial participation.

I would say Pentagon decided, Trump would sell those F-35 with a satisfied smile.

Good that we not get them, i wouldn't anyway great more than the ordered 30 F-35, only shame is the loss of benefits from industrial participation.

If USA really decided to not deliver F-35, other plants must fill the gap. With Turkish or with foreign one.

If USA really decided to not deliver F-35, other plants must fill the gap. With Turkish or with foreign one.

apparently they already did decided.

D_sm6FzX4AIbPj5.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom