What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

In metallurgy field Pakistan has so much knowledge n experience.
The Metallurgical Laboratory (also known as "Metallurgical Lab"), is an accredited multi-program national testing institute, established in 1972 to take participation in developing physio-metallurgical aspects of the clandestine atomic bomb projects.[1] It is located in the vicinity of Wah Military District and jointly runs its research program in conjuncture with Pakistan Ordnance Factory(POF) and the University of Punjab.[2]

The Metallurgical Lab was established by its chief physical chemist Khalil Qureshi of the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC) to study the effects and containment of nuclear fission for the civil purposes.[3][1] Throughout the 1970s, the academic programs at Metallurgical Lab was purely directed by the armed forces engineers and scientists dispatched at the Pakistan Ordnance Factory for defence and security purposes.[1] As of current, the Metallurgical Lab is currently working on civilian programs and is under the control of Pakistan National Accreditation Council of the Ministry of Science and Technology of Government of Pakistan.[4]

Metallurgy is such a wast field, what Turkey needs light weight aviation material know how which is a lot different than what is used in nuclear weapons, energy and production. But even if there isnt anything useful we should check and collaborate. It is win-win and I'm pretty sure TÜBİTAK is similar programs.

Metallurgy is such a wast field, what Turkey needs light weight aviation material know how which is a lot different than what is used in nuclear weapons, energy and production. But even if there isnt anything useful we should check and collaborate. It is win-win and I'm pretty sure TÜBİTAK is similar programs.
Absolutely.
The best is not to make the indian mistake : to try to study and produce a world class fighter engine nearly from the beginning. It's far too complicated and request so many high level technologies.

Never forget that RR, PW, GE, Safran, Saturn, Klimov have 60 to 70 years of know how behing them...
It's a hard task.
See the money and time spent by china for quite midigated results so far.

LOL.
and china ? and Japan?

it has been being said on this forum for years that there exist only three company in the world that can develop able engines. And that even China cannot make it. i ve been hearing the same thing since i joined here.

Especially when Turkey's effors regarding developing an engine mentioned, all of you raise the chinese experience in order to counter-argument. Now you mention China as an able producer?

Last edited by a moderator:

"Turkey's indigenous fither jet TFX is set to fly at twice the speed of sound in 2023, daily Haberturk reported on Dec. 15"

It would be miracle if Turkey could fly a fully indigenous fighter jet by 2023. I am more than happy to applaud their effort if they actually could finish the final design of TFX and a TF-X prototype enters production by 2023, but this claim that Turkey can fly the jet in 2023 is just absurd as they don't even have any working turbofan engine (Please correct me with sources if I am wrong), which means the engineers cannot even work on the design at the moment. Engineers need months, if not years to go through many stages of designing a jet including preliminary designs, critical designs, modeling, design reviews, analysis & evaluation of designs and so on. After that, they should go through the joy of building a prototype and testing the aircraft on the ground. It won't fly in 2023. They simply don't have enough time.

Additionally, it was reported in the last year that preliminary design review of Hurjet was completed, which is a good news, but that also means the design is still probably in Engineering & Manufacturing development phase in 2020 which includes critical design review and a prototype of Hurjet won't be ready for a maiden flight for another several months, if not years. Again, it would be some achievement if Turkish engineers manage to build a trainer jet, not a prototype, that is fully operational by the year of 2022 or even 2023.

"Turkey's indigenous fither jet TFX is set to fly at twice the speed of sound in 2023, daily Haberturk reported on Dec. 15"

The harberTurk article was written in 2017 and the writer is quoting it three years later no point reading more.

A few days ago CEO of TAI said that the first flight would be 2025. What are you guys drinking?

Just don't bother replying to him or gungHo they are both trolls, i am still surprised gungho isn't still banned from the Turkish section considering the amount of baiting he does.

no one said tfx it will fly in 2023 . it will a rollout ceremony after then it will continue with ground test with ge 110 engine . i think hurjet and atak 2 will fly in 2023

Apparently that's what it is said in the article.
https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2020/08/06/turkish-tfx-fighter-will-fly-at-mach-2-speed/

Oh please, Turkey doesn't have a right to test a new jet with GE F110. Even then I don't think they can roll out a prototpye in 2023 either.

A few days ago CEO of TAI said that the first flight would be 2025. What are you guys drinking?

You should ask that question to the guy who wrote the article. Even then, 2025 seems too ambitious given Turkey's circumstances with a turbofan engine.

The harberTurk article was written in 2017 and the writer is quoting it three years later no point reading more.

So it was planned to fly a jet by 2023 in 2017, but now delayed, is that correct? If that's the case, the article from globaldefensecorp seems very misleading as the article also quoted one of Turkish twitter "@TurkishFacts4U" which claims "Turkish Aerospace confirms that the TFX 5th Gen Turkish Fighter will exit the production line on 18 March 2023". At least Turkish guys were sane enough to point out the fact that Turkey doesn't have an engine to @TurkishFacts4U.

Absolutely.
The best is not to make the indian mistake : to try to study and produce a world class fighter engine nearly from the beginning. It's far too complicated and request so many high level technologies.

Never forget that RR, PW, GE, Safran, Saturn, Klimov have 60 to 70 years of know how behing them...
It's a hard task.
See the money and time spent by china for quite midigated results so far.

You have forgot to mention IHI, the Japanese firm has been involved in designing & building a turbofan engine for decades (and they are doing other businesses). I mean Japanese made a highpass turbofan engine with max. trust of 13,000 lbf about 20 years ago and the aircraft (Kawasaki P-1) with this engine (IHI F7) has proved its worth ever since the aircraft entered service some years ago, yet the Japanese government is still looking partners who could assist their new fighter jet project.

Turkey doesn't even have that much of technology, experience nor data as Japan in the field. Without a Turbofan engine, It is difficult to say the project is actually feasible. I love TF-X conceptual design which seems like a fully blown 5th gen fighter jet, but it seems the program is a little bit too ambitious with a few unanswered questions.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Apparently that's what it is said in the article.
https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2020/08/06/turkish-tfx-fighter-will-fly-at-mach-2-speed/

Oh please, Turkey doesn't have a right to test a new jet with GE F110. Even then I don't think they can roll out a prototpye in 2023 either.

You should ask that question to the guy who wrote the article. Even then, 2025 seems too ambitious given Turkey's circumstances with a turbofan engine.

So it was planned to fly a jet by 2023 in 2017, but now delayed, is that correct? If that's the case, the article from globaldefensecorp seems very misleading as the article also quoted one of Turkish twitter "@TurkishFacts4U" which claims "Turkish Aerospace confirms that the TFX 5th Gen Turkish Fighter will exit the production line on 18 March 2023". At least Turkish guys were sane enough to point out the fact that Turkey doesn't have an engine to @TurkishFacts4U.

You have forgot to mention IHI, the Japanese firm has been involved in designing & building a turbofan engine for decades (and they are doing other businesses). I mean Japanese made a highpass turbofan engine with max. trust of 13,000 lbf about 20 years ago and the aircraft (Kawasaki P-1) with this engine (IHI F7) has proved its worth ever since the aircraft entered service some years ago, yet the Japanese government is still looking partners who could assist their new fighter jet project.

Turkey doesn't even have that much of technology, experience nor data as Japan in the field. Without a Turbofan engine, It is difficult to say the project is actually feasible. I love a TF-X conceptual design which seems like a fully blown 5th gen fighter jet, but it seems the program is a little bit too ambitious with a few unanswered questions.
[/QUOTE]
@cabatli_53 ,this guy and @BON PLAN are only here for trolling,its time to end it dont you think?

You should ask that question to the guy who wrote the article. Even then, 2025 seems too ambitious given Turkey's circumstances with a turbofan engine

It will fly with F110 engines in 2025.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, as I said before, I politely ask forum members to provide references of GM supplying GE F110 for TF-X and the US congress approving such sales. I could not find anything on GM Aviation website even though the company mentioned of supplying F414 for both Gripen E/F and KFX.

I thank forum members of engaging in the talk in civily manners and I appreciate how moderators are trying to be fair to all participants.

Back
Top Bottom